PDA

View Full Version : Junkion Blacksmith : I am EVIL Optimus and Soundblaster Review

Slayback
01-24-2012, 11:36 AM
So I saw Pascal has done the "Megatron" review - which is great! -because I dislike the Megatron. Personally i hated the paint job, and well the tank/whatever the hell it turns into, leans toward the lameness in the lame-o-meter. Granted it is a headrobot what should i expect out of the little triple changer? " something". Anyway here are pics of the other 2!

A few things - i'm all about the little guys. I've always liked them and for some reason they've always been a big fascination for me. Maybe because i can stick em on a desk an not have them take up massive amounts of room. Dunno. But i stray :

Evil Optimus (Its not his real name) : My favourite of the two.
+ He's got some solid legs on him.
+ Poseability is good, ball joints in the knees. arms are ok- just the up and down movement.
+ His head sculpt -definitely the feel of Powermaster Prime.

The negatives
- Paint job. Maybe it was just mine -but the red really needs to be punched out. The black seems to absorb the red too much and it's lost.
- transformation - yah its a 3xchanger. His truck form is obviously weak, perhaps they could have given him another attachment to go with it? Or wheels.

Soundblaster
+ His alt form -while nothing fantastic, it looks like a little ghetto blaster.
+ Poseability - same as all of them. Knees go a long way.

Negatives
- Colouring. For some reason the red really is lost - and if you're saying it looks fine - thats due to photoshop.
- head sculpt - for some reason the way SB lower face mask is curved - makes him look a little shallow in the face. Like he's been starving or something. (just the way i see it)

Overall i dig these guys- If you can get them cheap-o like i would. Would i pay $20 each for them? hell no. They pose well (except Megatron).
The little tab style thing to push the little heads are an interesting concept - keeps the overall wear and tear down, trying to pull the head out.
The only downside i really see to these guys are the medicore paint jobs. Get your markers out and be prepared to do some touchups!