PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Powerizers Optimus Prime Video Review

Super_Megatron
01-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Transformers Prime Powerizers Optimus Prime Video Review (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-powerizers-optimus-prime-video-review-174191/)

Category: Transformers Prime

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

jackwacko
01-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Seeing this made me want to go get the First editon Prime.... That backpack... wtf O_O

transforminator
01-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Seeing this made me want to go get the First editon Prime.... That backpack... wtf O_O

ditto, like im on the hunt for it now!!!

Matrix_Holder
01-22-2012, 06:16 PM
I am only going to get the non face plate version if I can find it...
First edition versions are superior to TF Prime RID so far.

joshimus
01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
First Edition Voyager Prime is currently my fav. Prime figure at the moment. He's fun to transform and looks good in both modes. This new one I may get but not sold on it.

Vain
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
It's like the moment you insert a gimmick into a figure, it automatically is a worse figure because of said gimmick.

Quite pleased I got my First edition Prime.

shockwing
01-22-2012, 07:38 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOW was my reaction, shouldnt hasbro make a toy better rather than worse?

Matrix_Holder
01-22-2012, 08:15 PM
TRANSFORMERS PRIME :CRAPTECH EDITION.

wervenom
01-22-2012, 08:32 PM
The only thing I will say I like on that figure is that windshield being the chest but beyond that I am grateful I picked up the first edition. My only worry is the voyager Megatron that will be released as I will need one to go with FE Voyager Prime

nukedproducts
01-22-2012, 08:48 PM
no thanks, I'm good.

seriously, it just looks real ugly with that gimmick, backpack, and hallow legs.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Normally I'd appreciate it for being less fake-y in its transformation, with a real chest and shoulders, and I like the way the trailer hitch is filled in a bit better on this version, but it's such a step backwards in every other respect that I'm not going to touch this thing. It doesn't even look like you can pin this on a simplified transformation, since the one in that video looks even more complicated than what the FE version had. It's just horribly made.

So far it looks like the FE line has been superior to the RiD line in every respect. It looks like they got the Generations/RtS people to design the First Editions, while they left the RiD line to the DotM team. Luckily, the non-duplicate figures like Wheeljack seem to be faring a bit better.

razin
01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Like WhiskeyTango says, if it's a repeat character for the new line, it's craptastic; if it's a new character, ie WJ or SW it fairs nicely. Only exception, based on pics, would be the new Vehicon mold, it looks fantastic, no back kibble.

Matrix_Holder
01-22-2012, 09:45 PM
New molds/figures for the TF Prime RID line so far from pics and reviews seem to be:
soundwave (will it comes out in FE???)
wheeljack
cliffjumper
bumble bee
voyager Prime
voyager Megatron
Hotshot (repaint of bumblebee but which one?)
vehicon

TF Prime First Edition is the Prototype line of figures IMO, from what I have seen they are better than the main line figures or "final product" versions.

brr-icy
01-22-2012, 10:23 PM
It's like taking rotf prime off the shelves, and putting movie 1 leader on the shelves and expecting people to be happy, such a horrible mold

tearfromthered
01-22-2012, 10:55 PM
there are definitely some things this figure did better than the first edition, for instance the aforementioned chest piece the paint apps overall look to be better with more metallic silver, and the feet I prefer black than the awkward looking red on the first edition.
that said I still prefer my first edition, and look forward to megatron, but like peaugh said, bulkhead is far and away the best piece in this whole line.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-23-2012, 12:11 AM
New molds/figures for the TF Prime RID line so far from pics and reviews seem to be:
soundwave (will it comes out in FE???)
wheeljack
cliffjumper
bumble bee
voyager Prime
voyager Megatron
Hotshot (repaint of bumblebee but which one?)
vehicon

TF Prime First Edition is the Prototype line of figures IMO, from what I have seen they are better than the main line figures or "final product" versions.
HotShot is going to be based on the RiD Bumblebee mould. You can tell by the fact that he has two guns, those guns mount on the engine in vehicle mode, and he has a large, obvious hinge in front of his neck in robot mode.

Alexander Quinn
01-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Meh. Not digging the weird translucent forearms or the ass-ed up gimmick. Didn't Hasbro hear enough bitching about mechtech? Did they really think that adding lights to mechtech weapons would be a better idea than just ditching them and just using normal weapons? Also hard to believe that the damned wheels are still unpainted. Makes me want to stab the cheap ass at Hasbro that thinks it's an awesome idea to skimp on the $0.005 worth of paint per figure.

I do appreciate that it tabs together better in vehicle mode. Really bugs me that the hood and roof of the truck on the First Edition have such an issue staying together. Still, not a "needs-it" figure. Maybe on 30% off.

trizeo
01-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Man that new OP mold SUCKS!

So happy with my FE OP, he rocks so hard in bot mode & is so close to the CG model. That new mold suck hard & the accessories suck!

I only see me getting Wheeljack, New mold Vehicon & Voyager Megs from the new RID line along with most of the CV stuff & new characters like Skyquake, Breakdown etc...

I can't believe that they made a worse mold of Prime when they had a winner for dinner with the FE one.