PDA

View Full Version : IDW TF MTME #1

Megatronimus
01-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I dont know how many of you went out to pick this up, but if you havent, I highly recommend it. One of the best TF's comic of the last few years, and one of the better overall comic books of the last 6 months.

A great set up for things to come. Plot moves at brisk pace, but maintains a solid level of character development. Prowl is a dick. Rodimus is still a naive but well meaning. Ultra Magnus is awesome. And Whirl is pure evil. Great action scene involving Cyclonus, and touching (if humorous) scene between Bee and Ratchet.

The last four pages are jaw dropping. Cant wait for next month.

bedtime
01-12-2012, 01:12 AM
ah shit i'll have to read it before bed for sure then

Ozrein
01-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Screw you Megatronimus! I was trying to stop the comics as of "the Death of Optimus Prime". I read the preview of the MTME issue and decided I didnt like the artwork. Now you have to go and spoil everything by saying how good of a comic this is... dam you, dam you all to heck!!

(disclaimer: most of the above is sarcasm (other than the part of me trying to stop getting the comics))

Matrix_Holder
01-12-2012, 03:01 AM
It was one of the better G1ish book from IDW....why 7 coverage though?

Msol
01-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Oh man.. sooo good! Loved it, but I'm sad Roche is only doing the art on the 1st issue.

Vain
01-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Oh man.. sooo good! Loved it, but I'm sad Roche is only doing the art on the 1st issue.

What really? I love his art, such a fun style. What animated should of been like.

Megatronimus
01-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Roche's art is such a throw back to Geoff Senior TF's art. Simple clean lines and dynamic action.

nukedproducts
01-12-2012, 09:58 PM
i caved in after saying I would wait for the TPB's and bought issue one and a have to say I love Nick Roche's work on this issue. the story was fantastic and I just loved all of it.

Megatronimus
01-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Milne is great though. But, this was Roches best issue to date. And the colorist complimented his style perfectly.

shockwing
01-12-2012, 10:26 PM
so is this recommanded for a person who wants to start reading TF comics? or do I need to go back and read past issues?

Nullray
01-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Gonna get tomorrow. Knights of Cybertron quest.

Megatronimus
01-12-2012, 11:44 PM
so is this recommanded for a person who wants to start reading TF comics? or do I need to go back and read past issues?

Its a great starting off point. You dont need to read the previous comics. Its a new and refreshing take on the TF's. All you need to know is the war is over, Prime has left, Megs is gone and Cybertron is reborn (albeit it prehistoric mode). Thats its. Bumblebee is the leader and hoping to recreate a proper Cybertronian civilization, and Rodimus is on a quest to find the First Cybertronians.

shockwing
01-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Its a great starting off point. You dont need to read the previous comics. Its a new and refreshing take on the TF's. All you need to know is the war is over, Prime has left, Megs is gone and Cybertron is reborn (albeit it prehistoric mode). Thats its. Bumblebee is the leader and hoping to recreate a proper Cybertronian civilization, and Rodimus is on a quest to find the First Cybertronians.
thank you very much.

nukedproducts
01-14-2012, 01:27 AM
does anybody know when robots in disguise issue 1 comes out?

Matrix_Holder
01-14-2012, 01:53 AM
My lcbs said in 2 weeks....but you never know. Not really a big fan of the art in this issue....hot rod was extremely disappointing.

Nullray
01-21-2012, 05:58 PM
I just picked up the first issue of MTME. I have to say I enjoyed the read. Sabotage. Sets the stage nicely. Having the book in hand I like the overall quality of the print itself. The foil lettering was nice and the Panarama cover spread by AM is awesome. I ended up picking up 5 copies today to make the cover art complete and one to read. I am curious to see what the Sketch variant looks like. It is said to be the 100th comic. AM has the honour of the cover spread. Congrats to that. Look forward to the next one.

Woundave
01-22-2012, 12:10 AM
does anybody know when robots in disguise issue 1 comes out?

NEXT WEDNESDAY :raisetheroof:

Roche has got great figure drawing underneath clean bots. His gestures are great, he does an amazing job of capturing motion and dynamic poses that make the comic feel like a cartoon.

nukedproducts
01-22-2012, 12:40 AM
does anybody know if covers are more rare than the others or are all of them equal to each other?

Woundave
01-22-2012, 01:31 PM
depends on the comic, but seems the TF ones ship even ratios of each

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/diamond-comics-shipping-list-for-25-january-174153/

Nullray
01-22-2012, 02:20 PM
does anybody know if covers are more rare than the others or are all of them equal to each other?

Some covers are circulated in less quantities as Rare Incentives to distributors but for most part things are readily available. I noticed at my comic store that the Hotrod cover seemed to be more prevalent than that others, then Ratchet, Drift finally Ultra Magnus. There was only 1 Ultra Magnus and I got him to finish the spread. I am not sure if that was lucky or just the way it is. I went into another store today and saw only one copy. It was the Hotrod cover. Was hoping for the Panorama wrap-around. I am gonna get Alex to sign it at the next Con. I am hoping he has some like he had his Drift SE. No such luck today in finding it regular retail.
I am sure the Ebay scalpers will have a great time with this. They are already doing the Death of Prime One shots.....

nukedproducts
01-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Some covers are circulated in less quantities as Rare Incentives to distributors but for most part things are readily available. I noticed at my comic store that the Hotrod cover seemed to be more prevalent than that others, then Ratchet, Drift finally Ultra Magnus. There was only 1 Ultra Magnus and I got him to finish the spread. I am not sure if that was lucky or just the way it is. I went into another store today and saw only one copy. It was the Hotrod cover. Was hoping for the Panorama wrap-around. I am gonna get Alex to sign it at the next Con. I am hoping he has some like he had his Drift SE. No such luck today in finding it regular retail.
I am sure the Ebay scalpers will have a great time with this. They are already doing the Death of Prime One shots..... ah, I see. I ask because I have cover E (group shot cover) and I didn't know if it was more rare than the others. thanks :D

Nullray
01-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Thats cool. Is it the full Panorama cover? I haven't seen that cover yet.

nukedproducts
01-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Thats cool. Is it the full Panorama cover? I haven't seen that cover yet.
no, its this one

http://www.transformers.kiev.ua/forum/attachments/news/151d1326377072-the-transformers-more-than-meets-the-eye-1-skan-thetransformers-mtmte-1-cover.jpg

Nullray
01-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Cool.