PDA

View Full Version : IDW One Shot

Nullray
01-07-2012, 07:25 PM
The death of Optimus Prime

What are your thoughts on this issue? Did they NAIL it?

Knights of old Cybertron?

Cybertron ascending?

Hylo
01-07-2012, 07:52 PM
The death of Optimus Prime

Knights of old Cybertron?

Cybertron ascending?

Like everything they have done since gaining the License, it FAILS on every level. They've consistantly done everything possible to remove Optimus Prime from the book. They've ruined so many characters both artistically and story wise.

IDW was a huge step backwards from Dreamwave...

Matrix_Holder
01-07-2012, 07:55 PM
The ending was a huge cop-out. It was ok but no where near DreamWave caliber. This huge lead up to "the death of Optimus Prime" and look what we got. I was disappointed but then again...that is what IDW is all about isn't it. lets just hope that 2012 is where they get their act together and make a G1 style book a G1 style book and not movie style.

chans formers
01-07-2012, 08:24 PM
^lolz, i see what you did there:D

i liked it,but i just have two character questions.

what happened to galvatron?yes,he was starting to disintigrate last issue at the end,but so was cyclonus,who was in a panel in this issue.
what happened to jhiaxus or hardhead or arcee?

another loose end they neglected to tie up was what happened or what was the purpose of galvatron tracking down,finding and waking up the giant headmaster on the pirate ship a few issues back??

Nullray
01-07-2012, 09:49 PM
^lolz, i see what you did there:D

i liked it,but i just have two character questions.

what happened to galvatron?yes,he was starting to disintigrate last issue at the end,but so was cyclonus,who was in a panel in this issue.
what happened to jhiaxus or hardhead or arcee?

another loose end they neglected to tie up was what happened or what was the purpose of galvatron tracking down,finding and waking up the giant headmaster on the pirate ship a few issues back??

Perhaps it will be a plot development arc for the RID story line. Kinda leave you hanging so that they can revisit later perhaps?

CyberMnky
01-07-2012, 09:53 PM
The headmaster dude was heart of darkness so expect nothing to come out of it cause man that was bad... so so so bad...

Otherwise, really liked the issue, liked that the story went somewhere at a good pace, Was a good sort of "This is what's going on now, this is who's important, now lets kick it" vibe to everything.