PDA

View Full Version : It's not ebay -it's kijiji....

Slayback
01-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Get yours now...

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-toys-games-RARE-NEW-U-S-EXCLUSIVE-METALLIC-AUTOBOT-TRANSFORMERS-BUMBLEBEE-W0QQAdIdZ343835455

sikkbones
01-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Cuz they aren't in Canada

chroma23
01-06-2012, 11:32 PM
well, there is a phone number right? go harrass the seller at like 4 in the morning :P

Alexander Quinn
01-07-2012, 11:45 AM
This is why auction sites need to have comment sections. What a freakin' jerk. It's one thing to knowingly rip people off. That's fine, as long as you're honest about it. It's hard to find, maybe. My local Wal-Mart doesn't have any, and the store I snagged mine from was starting to sell down on them, but to say they aren't in Canada at all is bull. To straight up lie to rip people off is terrible, like kicking a baby for no reason terrible.

james0417
01-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Who cares...?! He can list it for whatever the heck he wants. It's called a free market.

Who's the bigger fool the person who listed it for that price...or the person who would be willing to buy it at that price ?! It has to sell first folks, why anyone cares about it before then i'll never know.

I liked the comment about harassing the guy too. Clearly there's alot of time on people's hands. Go pull up the number of a wall street guy who played with billions of dollars of people's retirement funds like candy and lost it all with no punishment. There's a criminal worthy of your attention.

I don't know why anyone gets all worked up about this stuff. He put it up at a price, whoopie.

The buyer in the end sets the price. It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it !!! Just cause you asked for that price doesn't mean he will get that price. Relax and go concern yourselves with something more relevant. There are much bigger causes and larger corporations that do this on such a larger scale everyday you should turn your anger to than a stupid overpriced Transformer.

Move on.

damian_1349
01-07-2012, 12:29 PM
I just find it funny that it says not found in canada because i live in Newfoundland and even we have this figure at walmart...fail

gagagalvatron
01-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I reported it. It violates Kijiji's rule about not containing deliberately misleading information. Here's hoping they take it down.

Free market or not, the seller is trying to take advantage of uninformed buyers by claiming something that is a flat-out lie.

I support the seller's right to be a douche and charge $99 for something he picked up at the local Wal-Mart for $20. But he can do that without fraudulently claiming it's not available in Canada.

razin
01-07-2012, 12:46 PM
@james0417, it's not so much the price he set it at, it's the fact he is deliberately lying about the product's availability. To an unknowing parent looking for a gift for their child this could be considered a borderline scam. Convincing them it's something more then it really is, is wrong!

sikkbones
01-07-2012, 02:37 PM
is there a way to report this on kijiji?

edit: not to mention it was at one point a costco canada exclusive.

second edit: I just offered the jerkass the 20$ he paid for it at walmart.

and i called him a jerkass in the message.

Alexander Quinn
01-07-2012, 10:39 PM
I just offered the jerkass the 20$ he paid for it at walmart.

and i called him a jerkass in the message.

You know, you're kind of awesome. :)

Knockout
01-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Funny cause I just saw this at 4th (Walmart) in St. catharines for $20 bucks lol

Nomad
01-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Well, at least this jerkstore doesn't say there's only one in the world...

razin
01-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Nice to see Kijiji takes complaints seriously. Ad is still up, unedited.