PDA

View Full Version : Quick review: Takara DOTM Leader Stryker Optimus

Pascal
11-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Pros
-new darker color scheme is visually striking
-remolded abs borrowed from the Jetwing version
-2 new lockable MechTech guns that can combine into one bigger lockable MechTech gun
-new shield
-Stealth Force mode is spectacular and solid
-new voice clip ("We must stop the Decepticons!")
-Prime can hold his shield in 3 different ways: by the handle, pegged into his foreams and in front-of-truck mode (as per instructions)
-additional MechTech ports all over
-compatible with the Jetwing attachment (and Jetfire I guess, I haven't tried yet)
-thank God the annoying blades are gone on this one too

Cons
-gone are the Buster Prime guns (you need to peg the new MechTech guns in there, so that's understandable)
-no chrome or silver paint
-weapon storage is ridiculous in alt mode... nothing new with Prime trucks it seems

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/megatroptimus/100_3875.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/megatroptimus/100_3873.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/megatroptimus/100_3877.jpg

Vain
11-24-2011, 09:36 AM
You've rendered me quite envious! This guy is a beaut, I'm quite saddened by the fact that he probably won't see a NA release.

Pascal
11-24-2011, 09:56 AM
My pictures suck, the toy looks 1000% better in person. :)

ryceball89
01-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Will the Striker Optimus work with the TFC Gear of War 2? Its the same ROTF mold right so it should work no?

I think I'd only get this if I can switch out the mechtech with the TFC gun... just a personal preferance.

Jeem
01-13-2012, 01:31 AM
hot diggiy.. i guess this is back on the buy list for me.

It kinda makes me feel like this is the scene right after Prime first fights Shockwave and throws the sword and shield onto the ground.

pulsedragon20
01-13-2012, 05:45 AM
^ x2 It's creeping in to my buy list as well!

DamonL
04-23-2012, 04:45 AM
yes! as an owner of striker optimus prime myself, I have to admit the pictures do ABSOLUTELY no justice to the figure itself! :p haha

the price of this figure is getting absurd nowadays though, it's really hard for people to consider buying this. I think it was supposed to be half the price of the DOTM jetpack prime when they both came out, which is about $120 to $130 I believe... and since striker prime is a japanese exclusive, there is prob no way to get this guy other than thru ebay.. and the prices on ebay is CRAZY... going for about $200 when jetpack prime goes for around $240... at least it shows that the striker is a more sought after figure, and rightly so.

I wish it came with the energon blades as well, wouldve been perfect haha

justprime
04-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Again another great piece that hasbro missed sales on just like que and soundwave its too bad that we have to again spend massive coin overseas when clearly this piece should have been released here.

DamonL
04-27-2012, 02:48 AM
why cant we have takara and give japan hasbro? :p