PDA

View Full Version : Transformer Black Friday Deal Round-Up

Super_Megatron
11-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Transformer Black Friday Deal Round-Up (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/transformer-black-friday-deal-round-up-173808/)

Category: Other News

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Dragon Knight
11-23-2011, 01:55 AM
For 30$ I'm tempted by that Seacon set. But I hear BBTS tends to screw Canadians over?

Trans4mers
11-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Just picked me up a cheap Sonicron for $29.. not too shabby! I too am tempted for the Seacon set.. but since i've been a bit too active lately for tf purchses, I need to pass :(

vohkuhl
11-23-2011, 03:01 AM
For 30$ I'm tempted by that Seacon set. But I hear BBTS tends to screw Canadians over?

Not all the time, it's hit and miss but you can be assured your items come to you well protected unlike another oversea TF Vendor.

Masta_Skidz
11-23-2011, 04:00 AM

I was wondering this as well as there is a few things I would like to get from them just I am always really cautious on ordering from outside the country

pandaprime
11-23-2011, 04:37 AM

I dunno about that but I do keep being charged a "handling fee" but that could be Canada Post

Oreobuilder
11-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Speaking as someone who has ordered dozens of times from BBTS, they have never ''screwed me over''.

If you guys are referring to customs fees and taxes, that has nothing to do with BBTS. If you don't like these fees, complain to the government as they are the ones that are charging them.

OB

razin
11-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Yea BBTS is a good site to deal with, the only reason I steer away away from them is the customs charges, which BBTS follows the rules on. They also do not use First Class iirc so will get hit with higher shipping too. So in the end their "deals" don't end up being deals. I stick to TFSource, no customs charges, ever, and cheaper shipping.

jourdo
11-23-2011, 11:18 AM
BBTS is not out to screw over Canadians (or anyone else in general). I've dealt with them on numerous occasions and any problems I had with products were solved with a quick email to customer service. Top notch.

On that note, I had to add Sonicron to the Pile of Loot.

UltraPrimal
11-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Already ordered the Seacons. Kind of tempted by that Grand Patriot, but I hear he's a little shitty. Not as posable and prone to breakage. I'm sure I can probably wait and get it for $25.

pulsedragon20
11-23-2011, 12:42 PM
I was thinking about Grand Patriot and Sonicron but not too sure on the quality...

Masta_Skidz
11-23-2011, 01:29 PM
i have also heard Sonicron is also a hit and miss kind of like Knight morpher 01 the red and blue one. I think Protoman did a small review on the Black Sonicron and said that one had most of the issues fixed on it .

gagagalvatron
11-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Well, here's the shipping rates:

Just Sonicron: 10.89

Just Seacons: 19.59

Just Grand Patriot: 19.59

Sonicron and Seacons: 22.49

Seacons and Patriot: 28.29

Sonicron, Seacons, and Grand Patriot: 31.19

You can apparently slip a few more small things into the Sonicron/Seacons or Sonicron/Patriot box for not too much extra -- it's the Seacons or the Patriot that drive up the price significantly.

I don't know. I wouldn't mind the Seacons, and I was eying them when they were $45, so that's not bad for $50 shipped.

Protoman
11-26-2011, 03:53 PM
i have also heard Sonicron is also a hit and miss kind of like Knight morpher 01 the red and blue one. I think Protoman did a small review on the Black Sonicron and said that one had most of the issues fixed on it .

Yeah the black Sonicron "Soundblaster" fixed a lot of the QC and mold flash issues.

pandaprime
11-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah the black Sonicron "Soundblaster" fixed a lot of the QC and mold flash issues.

but it's not available at BBTS right? :(

anyhoo does anyone know which are the "NEW ITEMS" added to their sale?

HEY! I noticed they removed Encore Sky Lynx from the sale....

CBII
11-26-2011, 06:18 PM
:banghead: fawk I shouldn't have spent so much on the kids this year....nothing left for me.

So tempted to by that protector armour and the seacons......:(

The 12th Prime
11-26-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm tempted by the Warcry figure, I bought the Darkside Megs and Optimus set as soon as the sale was announced and added it to ship with the Gear of War set sitting in my pile of loot which I already shipped, Damn and I just bought a new Unicron so no money for Warcry even though I'd prefer Flameblast. So help me out and buy some of my figs, I'll give you a deal if you ask nice :)

UltraPrimal
11-26-2011, 08:15 PM
but it's not available at BBTS right? :(

anyhoo does anyone know which are the "NEW ITEMS" added to their sale?

HEY! I noticed they removed Encore Sky Lynx from the sale....
I don't think that black Sonicron was ever officially released. The one Protoman has is the "prototype" for lack of a better term. I don't know if BTS is still even planning to release it. A couple days ago I would have said it's probably cancelled. But with them revealing their takes on Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, and Ratbat, I'd say there's still hope for Soundblaster.