PDA

View Full Version : people that live in apartment buildings:

bedtime
11-09-2011, 11:44 AM
does your postman/postperson actually come up to your apartment door when delivering parcels? i mean we cant be the only ones who have a guy that just sticks the parcel notice outside on the directory buzzer thing right? man does that make me angry.:banghead:

Gaetznes
11-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Mine walks 3 flight of stairs to get to my apt. But then I know him by name and give him a Pint of Rum for xmas every year. If im not home he will buzz one of my other tennets so the package wont be left out side or I get one of those rediculious Notices. So does he even buzz you. or does he just leave it there and does nothing.

Metroplex79
11-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I found that it depends on the actual postal worker. I've had:

-buzzing up to call me to come down to pick it up
-coming up to my door without me letting him/her in
-coming up to my door after I let him/her in
-putting the notice in with my mail that they buzzed up to my suite even though I was at home and no one did
-only twice that they actually stickied the notice on my mail box door, like they didn't have the key or lazy to walk into the mail access room

But no, I've never had anyone leave that notice on the buzzer directory board. But I did notice that UPS and the another one does that, most likely because they couldn't get in, and no access to the room to put the notice in the appropriate mail slot. Similarily, I've also notice WheelTrans does the same thing, they stick the notice "Sorry we missed you" on the buzzer directory board, or on the glass of the main door.

bedtime
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Mine walks 3 flight of stairs to get to my apt. But then I know him by name and give him a Pint of Rum for xmas every year. If im not home he will buzz one of my other tennets so the package wont be left out side or I get one of those rediculious Notices. So does he even buzz you. or does he just leave it there and does nothing.

SOMETIMES they'll actually come in and leave it in my mailbox, but yeah. There was one guy that actually came to the door but it seems we don't get the same guy every time or something like that as the guy that came to the door hasn't been seen in months

Cheers Ian
11-09-2011, 12:08 PM
When I lived at home, I had a few occasions of waiting at home specifically for a package only to find a mail slip left. It turns out that specific delivery person never even bothered to ring the bell. I caught him doing it once in the act - He would bring the parcel to the door, fill out the form and then leave. He was pretty red-faced when I opened the door and he was leaving the form.

One complaint phone call solved that problem. Never happened again.

Thankfully at my new place all the delivery people are great.

Robimus
11-09-2011, 12:30 PM
They always attempt to deliver it to my door. If not they insert the notice in my mail slot and then I can pick up the parcel the next day at the post office.

STI 2NV
11-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I live in a highrise and they don't even attempt to deliver to my door they just leave a notice in my mailbox and I have to run down the street for pick up. So I started getting everything mailed to my work. It has been way easier this way.

Shepp
11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
As far as I know, for Canada Post, they're supposed to place the notice in your mail slot or cubby or whatever. They already have access to the building, and are already delivering mail to other people. In my large building, they don't even bother bringing the parcel with them, just the notice to pick it up.

As far as any other parcel service, they'll buzz once, and if there's no response they'll just stick the notice by the buzzer.

pud333
11-09-2011, 01:09 PM
None of the postal workers come up to my condo. They buzz up, if I don't answer, they leave the slip in my mailbox. They don't stick it outside or anything. Door to door service would be nice, but it is unnecessary.

Now that Canadapost finally put competent workers at my local London Drugs, I can actually pick up the items the same day after work, instead of waiting until after 1 pm the next day. Seriously, how hard is it to scan incoming packages and put them on a shelf?

Grimlock4Prime
11-09-2011, 01:51 PM
In my condo building, boxes are left at the security desk and the guard put a note in your mailbox. I have had a couple packages small enough to fit in the cubby but they never come to the door.

nervousviper
11-09-2011, 02:55 PM
never had a problem with my parcels, Canada Post always bring my items at my door and if nobody's at home they'll leave a notice hangin in the door knob that my item is ready for pick up.

Megatrons Cannon
11-09-2011, 10:46 PM
I get all my stuff sent to my work. they will cover customs if Im not in that day too.

Tekkamanraiden
11-09-2011, 10:56 PM
If I'm lucky I get left a pickup tag the next day. Fortunately I've gotten so many packages that I'm on a first name basis with the guy that runs the nearest post office outlet.

Bruticus82
11-09-2011, 11:32 PM
I once had a notice stuck to the door of my apartment unit, on a Sunday, while I was home...

It was the strangest thing ever.

Mighty_Galvatron
11-19-2011, 02:44 PM
-buzzing up to call me to come down to pick it up
-coming up to my door without me letting him/her in
-coming up to my door after I let him/her in
-putting the notice in with my mail that they buzzed up to my suite even though I was at home and no one did

I've had all of the above - and all with the same CP delivery person. Except when it was brought to my door, that was someone else like UPS.

In terms of a delivery notice, I've never had one left anywhere other than in my mailbox. What you described about having it left on your buzzer just blows my mind.

I caught him doing it once in the act - He would bring the parcel to the door, fill out the form and then leave. He was pretty red-faced when I opened the door and he was leaving the form.

Legendary! I've always wished for such a situation.