PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 26: One Shall Rise Part 3 Discussion

razin
10-09-2011, 01:20 PM
So as Trizeo pointed out in the part 2 thread part 3 leaked early.

For those of who watched it, discuss!! For those who didn't and don't want to be spoiled, get out now!!

http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=YFoYLkrnWBY

Great finish to the season. No deaths, I thought for sure someone would bite it, but alas, no. Great to see some history brought in as backfiller, great for those who don't follow the lore completely....like me :P. (although I do have a general idea). The title could of this episode can easily be changed to "Return of Orion Pax". I assume Jack having the key to Vector Sigma will play a large role in returning Orion back to Prime. Have to wait and see how long season 2 takes this twist.

November 28th can't come fast enough!

Dragon Knight
10-09-2011, 01:28 PM
What a way to end the first season!

This season finale easily trumps Animated and Beast War's finale.

brr-icy
10-09-2011, 02:01 PM
beast wars, agreed, but animated? no. omega supreme's reveal sent shiver's down my back (and i knew it was going to happen)

but i'm curious how this will go, and happy they didn't kill anyone...yet

transforminator
10-09-2011, 02:33 PM
lol what a nagging cliffhanger...really want to see how they explore the relationship between optimus and megatron in season 2. GODAMIT 6 more weeks to wait though!!!!!!

trizeo
10-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I loved the history lesson given by ratchet... the artwork really did something for me.

The BEST scene was OP & Megs fighting back to back....

Only thing that I didn't like, which is very minor, was the fact that OP didn't open the matrix... he just opened his chest. It was ok but would've been easiler better than Roddy opening the matrix in the 1st movie n' Prime opening it in the G1 days but none the less was sprinkled in awesome sauce..

The other thing that sucks is the wait time.... ya that's going to suck some major nuts!

jackwacko
10-09-2011, 08:18 PM
So they accomplished the death of Optimus Prime without killing Optimus Prime, impressive, very impressive.

Great cliffhangers for a season finale, introduction of 2 MacGuffins, and some character development in the 'Cons side. I felt like Airachnid is now shaped into a Female Starscream, with Soundwave retaining his non-verbal agression(was hoping he's say at least "Soundwave Superior" or something).

Now TF:P Voyager Optimus Prime needs another gimmick of "Chest open to reveal Matrix of Leadership!" in order to make the entire fandom happy.

P.S: Voyager Soundwave Toy, with Laserbeak chest shield, please Hasbro? T_T

Akroyer
10-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Favorite part for me was where Knockout remarked you have to watch out for the quiet ones, when Soundwave beat Arachnia. Was great, and we got to see 'Laserbeak'

(I hope that was part 3, I watched them back to back)

Megatronimus
10-09-2011, 08:37 PM
OMG...I dind see that coming. Ill post some more detailed impressions later.

Gimme the damned toys Hasbro!!

Stapler
10-09-2011, 09:18 PM
I wonder if this twist will last for most of season 2? This is a crazy turn of events and feels really fresh and exciting, it's like the writers decided to take all the usual TF cliche's and turn them on their head.

I was wondering how they would top Unicron and it looks like they found a way to do it. It's gonna be a loooong wait for season 2.

So... Can we expect "Optimus" to have a slick new black paint job the next time we see him? ;)

jackwacko
10-09-2011, 09:36 PM
So... Can we expect "Optimus" to have a slick new black paint job the next time we see him? ;)

Actually we can probably expect to see a deluxe Orion Pax, maybe some kinda Gladiator Megatronus repaint of the upcoming Deluxe Entertainment pack Megatron, 2 black repaints of in deluxe and Voyager if Orion Optimus does decide to get a new coat of paint. Did I mention they could pull a 2 pack of Prime and Megatron during the scene with Megatron and Prime along, where Prime would be semi-translucent with blue electric pattern while megatron being semi-clear purple. Just throwing out all the repaint ideas Hasbro tends to do.

Megatronimus
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
So, how many of you expect that one of the new characters for the new season will be a temporary leader for the Autobots? Maybe an Ultra Magnus, Prowl, Jazz or Rodimus?

transforminator
10-09-2011, 10:02 PM
The BEST scene was OP & Megs fighting back to back....

regardless of the fact that their enemies....when they team up and fight together, optimus and megatron make it look like an art...the synchronization is beautiful!

brr-icy
10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
regardless of the fact that their enemies....when they team up and fight together, optimus and megatron make it look like an art...the synchronization is beautiful!

you can tell that they know each other like the back of their hand

transforminator
10-09-2011, 10:13 PM

couldn't have said it better myself :)

Megatronimus
10-09-2011, 10:14 PM

Almost sad that they're enemies.

Sun Swipe Prime
10-09-2011, 11:39 PM
I wonder if this twist will last for most of season 2? This is a crazy turn of events and feels really fresh and exciting, it's like the writers decided to take all the usual TF cliche's and turn them on their head.

Totally agree. I've said it before but man soooo pleasantly surprised. This show stared with a meh, then just kept getting better. Right at the end there, I thought ok here's the text book betrayal, and the predicted death. THEN that twist, that was writing gold right there. You know it's a good episode when you're rooting for Megatron and admiring his strength for fighting off Unicron's influence. IMHO he's probably one of the best incarnations of Megatron ever.

Tech Spec
10-10-2011, 04:47 AM
:eek: nice way to finish the season :bow:

blurrprime
10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Transformers Prime - Episode 26: One Shall Rise, Part 3 [720p HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtKO_r-Ay1I

Hound
10-11-2011, 12:38 AM
I absolutely love the writing in this series. Just fantastic. They manage to make the story feel known and surprising all at once.

UltraPrimal
10-12-2011, 12:59 AM
I was wondering: with Unicron gone, what happens with all the Dark Energon? We saw that Megatron's eyes went from Dark Energon-infused purple to his normal red. So is all the Dark Energon now just regular Energon? Is it innate? Did it just up and disappear? Supposedly the Decepticons have their ship's entire cargo hold full of the stuff so what are they going to do with it now that Unicron is gone?

Megatronimus
10-12-2011, 01:13 AM
I was wondering: with Unicron gone, what happens with all the Dark Energon? We saw that Megatron's eyes went from Dark Energon-infused purple to his normal red. So is all the Dark Energon now just regular Energon? Is it innate? Did it just up and disappear? Supposedly the Decepticons have their ship's entire cargo hold full of the stuff so what are they going to do with it now that Unicron is gone?

Also, didnt the Decepticons end up finishing construction on a new Space Bridge?

Dragon Knight
10-12-2011, 01:23 AM

Unicron isn't really gone, they said the Matrix would put him back into stasis not destroy him. If the effects of Dark Energon vanishes, I think it's safe to say that Megatron would cease to function as well.

ConvoyGTR
10-12-2011, 01:50 AM
I was sorta expecting since Raf was hit with some Dark Energon that he would wind up being the key to all this or Starscream would show up and catch everyone by surprise. I'm really glad either scenario didn't happen.

Man, that was amazing! Agreed with what others said about OP and Megs fighting back to back, it was so cool. The Key to Vector Sigma, Orion Pax, I didn't see that coming, what a twist! This show keeps on surpassing my expectations and breaking the mold with Unicorn being Earth and the return of Orion Pax, I cannot wait to see how Jack uses the key to bring Optimus back and what Starscream is up too, and what other surprises there are in the next season!

I want Prime toys now!

Sun Swipe Prime
10-12-2011, 02:55 AM

They can't answer all that. What would they do with season 2 :p

ARCTrooperAlpha
10-12-2011, 03:12 AM
What a way to end the first season!

This season finale easily trumps Animated and Beast War's finale.

Beast Wars, true enough. But remember how they were planning to pit the Maximals against the Coneheads? That would have been a treat !!!

Animated ? NEVER !!!!!

So they accomplished the death of Optimus Prime without killing Optimus Prime, impressive, very impressive.

Great cliffhangers for a season finale, introduction of 2 MacGuffins, and some character development in the 'Cons side. I felt like Airachnid is now shaped into a Female Starscream, with Soundwave retaining his non-verbal agression(was hoping he's say at least "Soundwave Superior" or something).

Now TF:P Voyager Optimus Prime needs another gimmick of "Chest open to reveal Matrix of Leadership!" in order to make the entire fandom happy.

P.S: Voyager Soundwave Toy, with Laserbeak chest shield, please Hasbro? T_T

super sweet idea !

Actually we can probably expect to see a deluxe Orion Pax, maybe some kinda Gladiator Megatronus repaint of the upcoming Deluxe Entertainment pack Megatron, 2 black repaints of in deluxe and Voyager if Orion Optimus does decide to get a new coat of paint. Did I mention they could pull a 2 pack of Prime and Megatron during the scene with Megatron and Prime along, where Prime would be semi-translucent with blue electric pattern while megatron being semi-clear purple. Just throwing out all the repaint ideas Hasbro tends to do.

hope so ! I'm gonna turn Megatron into a Liege Maximo !

anotheran
10-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Interesting new twist on the history of Optimus Prime and Megatron while staying fairly close to G1. And a really interesting way to start season 2.

Really looking forward to it in November!

Oreobuilder
10-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Interesting new twist on the history of Optimus Prime and Megatron while staying fairly close to G1. And a really interesting way to start season 2.

Really looking forward to it in November!

I like how they tied the backstory to Exodus/War for Cybertron. Even if some of the details don't line up perfectly, Hasbro said that Prime was in the same continuity family and it looks like they're sticking with that.

OB

bedtime
10-16-2011, 07:01 PM
the backstory reminds me of what i've read in the IDW books... the more recent backstory they told of megatron and optimus... i was wowed SO many times during this episode. the ending was a LITTLE anti-climactic... but i suppose a brainwashed/mindwiped optimus under megatrons "command" could prove interesting.

i was also kind of hoping megatron was going to commit seppuku there just before the matrix was unleashed... then somehow some galvatron shit could happen? i dunno.

anyways, clearly the best part was where soundwave kicks airachnids ass. FINALLY the soundwave payoff we've all been waiting for, amirite?

Ultra Maverick
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Soundwave was badass!!!!
"watch out for the quiet ones"... priceless

if memory serves me correctly they did show a picture of Soundwave's figure at Botcon and Laserbeak will be his chestpiece.... can't remember if it's deluxe or voyager though.

I loved that they tied in the Transformers Exodus fiction.
Great ended to the season, I rarely get surprised by a series like this but I was floored this time.

I'll admit it took me awhile to warm up to the series, but I'm a believer now.... and I cannot friggin' wait for the figures to hit shelves

Mumps
10-18-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't think that "Orion" will be alligned with Megatron for long. The exchange of looks between Bumblebee and Orion when he enters the ground bridge to me, says enough. Also, WHATEVER Starscream has planned, having Prime on Megatrons side is absolutely NOT in his best interest.

Also, oh god Soundwave! :D

rego00123
10-19-2011, 03:09 AM
finally this show has started to get some direction to it and become interesting enough to want to tune in every week...too bad that only happened at the season finale

Jawz. D
10-20-2011, 12:52 PM
I just recently read all of War Within. So getting to see a little bit more of Optimus' and Megatrons' back story in a show made me get goosebumps. The vignette was an amazing change of pace. I hope that comes back a little bit more with in the next season.

brr-icy
10-20-2011, 02:03 PM
finally this show has started to get some direction to it and become interesting enough to want to tune in every week...too bad that only happened at the season finale

agreed, and there's no way to tune in every week since they have way too many gaps in the show

Prowl_2009
10-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Best part of the episode, in my opinion, was where Arachnid got her ass handed to her by Soundwave! :D Seriously, how cool was that!??! :cool:

Fretburn
10-28-2011, 02:49 PM
I just recently read all of War Within. So getting to see a little bit more of Optimus' and Megatrons' back story in a show made me get goosebumps. The vignette was an amazing change of pace. I hope that comes back a little bit more with in the next season.

But War Within has a decidedly different story. What with Megatron and Optimus meeting AFTER Megatron killed Sentinel. And they met as enemies.

Akroyer
10-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Best part of the episode, in my opinion, was where Arachnid got her ass handed to her by Soundwave! :D Seriously, how cool was that!??! :cool:

That was awesome! :clapping:

And for the first time I think we got to see 'Laserbeak' come off of his chest and reintegrate.

mx-01 archon
10-31-2011, 05:30 PM
That was awesome! :clapping:

And for the first time I think we got to see 'Laserbeak' come off of his chest and reintegrate.

I think that was the first time we've seen Laserbeak reintegrate, but he's been deployed once before.