PDA

View Full Version : Botcon 2012 Mockups Done - Hints at the set

Super_Megatron
09-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Botcon 2012 Mockups Done - Hints at the set (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2012-mockups-done---hints-at-the-set-173275/)

Category: Conventions

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

JLvatron
09-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Well, that tells us alot of nothing!

dancybak
09-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Well, that tells us alot of nothing!

Actually it told us alot! Orion pax using the Kup mold will be gorgeous. Ariel will be harder to do mind you. I'm not sure what mold they'd use.

RageD
09-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Dinobots

5 of them
distant past
3 never done before

Seems to add up

Robimus
09-07-2011, 03:41 PM
First Updates - Distant Past?

Orion Pax is a good guess.

What about characters like Sludge and Snarl, have they ever been updated? Not counting Animated Snarl of course, which is Slag.

Robimus
09-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Dinobots

5 of them
distant past
3 never done before

Seems to add up

One problem I see is that Grimlock, Slag and Swoop have seen multiple new updates over the years, depending on how they define "update"

RageD
09-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I would assume update means an update to there g1 incarnations not just a namesake.........Have those been done?

Grimlock for sure has

Malwave
09-07-2011, 04:00 PM
I would assume update means an update to there g1 incarnations not just a namesake.........Have those been done?

Grimlock for sure has

*thinks*

could be the Aerialbots....didn't they go to the past and save Orion Pax?

so I see six figures there.....8 if you could Elita and Dion.

Prowl_2009
09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Don't care what it is, I still want it! :D Very curious to see what the must have figure of the year mentioned on Twitter is going to be.

UltraPrimal
09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
The first think I thought of was Beast Wars. And I've heard rumors of FunPub wanting to do a Shattered Glass Beast Wars set. If so, I say FUCK THAT! NO! I do NOT want FunPub sullying BW with their retardly lame and predictable SG crap.

Dinobots vs Shockwave ala the G1 or IDW comics, that would be pretty cool to see. Remember White Mocha's BotCon idea digibashes on TFW? (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/240499-botcon-2010-ideas-digibashes.html) I could see that Dinobot set paired up with a Classics-ish Shockwave. Lots of customs I've seen made of him. So they have plenty of mold possibilities to choose from. Energon Shockblast, Cybertron Downshift, Universe Cyclonus...;)

But, they've already done Dion. And they do seem to like playing in their whole Wings of Honor universe they've made for themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it was. Which would mean total pass for me if it's anything like their Wings of Honor or G2 Redux box sets.

Edit: OH! Just looked at White Mochas thread again. Diaclone! Fuck! A frickin' Diaclone set would rock! You can't get more distant past than that.

nukedproducts
09-07-2011, 05:34 PM
i was hoping for a jap g1 set. well i guess there still can be hope.

UltraPrimal
09-07-2011, 11:54 PM
OK, finally had a chance to back and actually read the news post. Thought the theme was "distant past".:o

So many vague statements, so many questions...

We are not doing TFA for 2012...

Booo!

And if you are an 80's fan, one character will be the MUST HAVE Transformer of the year!

What does that mean? "80's fan"? Do they mean G1? Or do they mean more 80's in general? I hope they don't have another figure like Landshark in there. Watch it'll be Mach Kick repainted as a My Little Pony or BM Snarl repainted as Liono. :rolleyes:

Start saving...

Oh, great. We're gonna get gouged again.

Attending or not, as a whole, this may be the best set we have ever done. Def in top 3 based on concept/mock ups

Well, we'll be the judge of that. Ofcourse, one of the FunPub guys is NOT gonna come out and say that this years set is shit.

@mrlumptastic Top 3? 2006, 2011 and 2012... Other sets had good unique pieces, but maybe one feel flat here or there.

2006 and 2011, eh? I gotta agree those would be my top 2 sets. They're both actually sets. You got the Stunticons with 2011 and you got the main 5 Maximals with 2006. So maybe this years set is another actually set? One you wouldn't want to break up.

@mrlumptastic Really don't think there is a bad piece in the 2012 set. Every one of them would make a great stand alone piece.

So it's NOT a set?

Now for the hint(s)... Three are seeing their first updates ever, and what an update(s) it is!

Updates? What's getting updated? Is it the character or the toy? Like is this the first time this character has received a new toy since it's original? Or is it just the first time they've repainted a particular toy? I'm guessing the former.

For two of them, we have drawn upon the "distant" past... what that means will be known soon enough!

For 2 of those 3, or the other 2 in the box with the previous 3? And what does "distant past" mean to FP? Beast Wars maybe? I've been asking them to do an Apeface and Snapdragon out of BW TM Optimus and Megatron for years. Maybe they've finally listened.:D

Trailbreaker, Gears and Brawn...

are NOT being done by us.

They need the good ol' Hasbro Classics treatment first and foremost... We'll take care of some of the other, equally awesome characters!

So we're getting Classics Trailbreaker, Gears, and Brawn from Hasbro?! Also, I wouldn't call any of them "awesome". Trailbreaker's a little cool with his whole force field power thing, but Gears and Brawn kinda suck.

bedtime
09-08-2011, 12:05 AM
brawn does NOT suck! he totally kicked ass. literally. his g1 toy is a piece of shit, but the character was awesome.

UltraPrimal
09-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Didn't Brawn die from getting shot in the shoulder?

bedtime
09-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Didn't Brawn die from getting shot in the shoulder?

haha fine. BEFORE that, he was kick ass.

Autovolt 127
09-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Let's all agree. Gears sucks.

Sureshot22
09-08-2011, 07:36 AM
gears was one of my very first TFs as a kid, will always have a soft spot for him because of that ;)

down_shift
09-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Hasbro is totally doing the last three from the OG line up, that was hinted at pretty strongly a few months back in one of the OTFCC Mags. As for the three that have never got a fluffing -

Spyglass, Spectro, Viewfinder.
Powerdashers (driller, dasher, flyer)
Omnibots, but they in one way or another have been used if only in name (aside from overdrive, he got his own BT)

It'll be interesting to see what they'll do. I wouldn't mind one more SG character tossed in there, I love my SG Galvatron.

Crobot91
09-08-2011, 09:01 AM
My guess is Chromedome, Brainstorm, & Highbrow. Hardhead's already received a Chug treatment and Cerebros was addressed as Stronghold.

Pascal
09-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Last good set was the one from 2006. My hopes are not too high for this one.