PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean revival officially confirmed for next year

Super_Megatron
08-21-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/21/delorean-revival-officially-confirmed-for-next-year/

Pascal
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM
It's time for Back to the future 4.

CobraCommander
08-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Cool, I have only seen one of those on the road in my life... can't wait to see more :D

-KG-
08-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Nice! I always thought it was one of the coolest cars ever made, it's nice to see that they will be made again. Now if I had the money I probably wouldn't even be able to get one with the production of 2 a month. I think I'll go play with my Back to the Future Welly model...

GMfan
08-21-2007, 03:09 PM
:O My favourite car is coming back......this is one of the few things that brings a tear to my eye. I'm not willing to pay $57k for it but Ebay's $20k Delorean look better and better....only problem is something goes wrong with the engine you're screwed because AMC and DMC went under and the parts are near impossible to find.

y2jversion1
08-21-2007, 03:18 PM
There's some guy who works at CityTV that has a silver DeLorean.. I seen it quite a few times entering/leaving their parking lot

chisau
08-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Nice, I wander if they are going to make it out of stainless steel again. because that is what made the car so expensive and heavy. Carbon fiber, fiber glass, and plastic are cheaper and better. But then again, the delorian stainless steel body is what makes it able to survive a trip through a time warp hole.:D

jourdo
08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
On the plus side, I've always loved these cars. I've only seen one once in my entire life.

On the negative side, the flux capacitor is only going to be on the premium models.

-KG-
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
On the plus side, I've always loved these cars. I've only seen one once in my entire life.

On the negative side, the flux capacitor is only going to be on the premium models.

It might not be worth buying the premium model with the flux capacitor. It's really hard to come buy plutonium these days. You would have to buy the garbage fuel add on...

jourdo
08-21-2007, 06:13 PM
It might not be worth buying the premium model with the flux capacitor. It's really hard to come buy plutonium these days. You would have to buy the garbage fuel add on...

Do you know if it will be available with the additional steam locomotive propulsion system?

chisau
08-21-2007, 06:54 PM

even with the garbage fuel, it only powers the flux capacitor. you still need tone of fuel to bring the car up to 88MPH. Which is 142KmH. 8 more KmH and the OPP will arrest you for street racing.

Dark Rage
08-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Isn't the fact that this car is stainless steel which makes this car a good investment and with a particularly long lifespan for a car?

If it's not stainless steel, I don't think that it's worth buying.

chisau
08-22-2007, 02:22 AM
Isn't the fact that this car is stainless steel which makes this car a good investment and with a particularly long lifespan for a car?

If it's not stainless steel, I don't think that it's worth buying.

Actually, stainless steel is a poor choice for making cars. The main reason is because it makes the car super heavy. and weight kills the car performance. adding the fact that the DMC-12 is build like a porsh 911, with it's engine in the back. the car can spin very easily. on day to day base, I would imagine the car is very hard to control. and that means more likely to get into an accident.

However, the car is very unique. therefore, worth buying.

PG13
08-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Thankfully they are updating the car with more modern parts. Other than the iconic value of the DeLorean, it's pales in comparison to other cars released during the same time period.

Of course, that's the American version of the car. Get a Euro version and then you get the see the true nature of the DeLorean

Beechy
08-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Actually, stainless steel is a poor choice for making cars. The main reason is because it makes the car super heavy. and weight kills the car performance. adding the fact that the DMC-12 is build like a porsh 911, with it's engine in the back. the car can spin very easily. on day to day base, I would imagine the car is very hard to control. and that means more likely to get into an accident.

However, the car is very unique. therefore, worth buying.

Actually, I've spoken with an owner of a DeLorean. It handles very nicely. Esp on the turns doing 90 miles an hour.