PDA

View Full Version : TFCC SIDEBURN

ang3l3s
08-22-2011, 11:48 PM
I LOVE THIS GUY!!!
I personally think this s better than rodimus, i hope fp makes the armour in his colours.

GMfan
08-23-2011, 12:02 AM
He's a great homage...down to the choices of colour and it's distribution, paint apps, mold choice....it all comes together so well to make a "Classics" version of Side burn.

The decals are near spot on to the original toy, the way the engine wind up still under his head on the chest, the exhaust becoming a blaster...easily the best club freebie figure. Some bashed on the face apps on the head claiming they were weird but they suit the character so well and the asymmetry capture that RiD aesthetic so well.

I think the only funny thing I find about this toy when I had him side by side with the original RiD toy...the original toy still has more poseability, lol. Nevertheless, a great updating from a line that was HEAVILY overlooked in the past, and damn near didn't get anything in the Universe 2.0 line (exception going to Bruticus, a baaaad redeco).

Here's something you can do to further differentiate your Sideburn, and make him look more like the original car robot and less like Hot Rod.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/fa1uah.jpg
http://oi54.tinypic.com/14uz1fk.jpg

Simply pop off the parts that rotate and remove a screw to take out the middle portion. In addition you make him look more like the Dome Zero that the mold was based on which did not have a spoiler.

Malwave
08-23-2011, 12:22 AM
He's a great homage...down to the choices of colour and it's distribution, paint apps, mold choice....it all comes together so well to make a "Classics" version of Side burn.

The decals are near spot on to the original toy, the way the engine wind up still under his head on the chest, the exhaust becoming a blaster...easily the best club freebie figure. Some bashed on the face apps on the head claiming they were weird but they suit the character so well and the asymmetry capture that RiD aesthetic so well.

I think the only funny thing I find about this toy when I had him side by side with the original RiD toy...the original toy still has more poseability, lol. Nevertheless, a great updating from a line that was HEAVILY overlooked in the past, and damn near didn't get anything in the Universe 2.0 line (exception going to Bruticus, a baaaad redeco).

Here's something you can do to further differentiate your Sideburn, and make him look more like the original car robot and less like Hot Rod.

Simply pop off the parts that rotate and remove a screw to take out the middle portion. In addition you make him look more like the Dome Zero that the mold was based on which did not have a spoiler.

damn it Chris, you just made me regret not being a member even more. I never thought it was possible. :p

but giving my two cents, this is a very nice use of the mold...paint work is great, and it is about time Sideburn got himself a little homage.

Star 56
08-23-2011, 12:29 AM
They really did a good job on this guy a great way to update him. off topic a bit but does anybody elese origional side burn have problems with the head staying both of my versions have the same issue that the head is very loose and always falls backwoards. Now they have to make the super powerd vesrsion(red one) :P would be nice to see a classics version of X brawn.

pulsedragon20
08-23-2011, 01:17 AM
^ I have no problems with any version...you can try clear nail polish on the ball of the neck to make it tighter

I'm very happy with how the paint apps turned out on TFCC Sideburn and it's very true to the original!

The 12th Prime
08-24-2011, 12:26 AM

I'm with you on that, did the same thing last Friday after I opened and transformed him. I wanted him to look different than Hot Rod.

SleeplessKnight
08-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Aw man, I was totally on the fence on whether I should join the club or not. I'm so kicking myself now. He looks totally awesome.

GMfan
08-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Honestly the membership is only worth it if you go to Botcon...and even then you're just breaking even being in Canada. Membership is abouts $80, you save $80 off Botcon admission rendering the annual figure basically a freebie, so if you don't go to Botcon and can get this guy for under $80 you're already saving money...

bedtime
08-24-2011, 11:13 AM
i'm pretty happy with how this toy turned out. all the paint on it is REALLY good, and even the weird eye paint apps arent THAT bad.

Network
08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
just got mine today after my job interview. he is totally ROCKIN! all the joints are tight and the paint apps are superb. I was really beginning to worry after all the horror stories of missing parts, sloppy paint apps and floppy joints. one of my fave figures now.