PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Prime Episode 21!! [SPOILERS]

Iacon
08-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Heh heh heh... as Mr. Allspark (or is it Mr. Magnotron?... hm) pointed out on alt.toys.transformers, Teletoon is now airing TF:P episodes *before* they air on the Hub... it's BMS2 all over again! Huzzah!

TRANSFORMERS: PRIME EPISODE 22: Title Unknown

Synopsis: Ratchet develops a new form of synthetic Energon (dubbed Synth-En) and tests it on himself. It operates like the Autobot version of anabolic steroids, making him stronger, faster... and a total aft-hole (he also frequently quotes Al Pacino from "Scent of a Woman"-- "Hoo-Ah!"... this is quite hilarious). He tortures a Vehicon (or maybe it was just a 'Con civilian... Prime described him as "Servant Class") to learn Megatron's location, and then goes rogue after Prime threatens to lock him up for violating protocol. He invades the Decepticon Energon mine by himself and then... Megatron rips out his Energon pump (*literally*). He commands Knock Out to reverse-engineer the Synth-En. Ratchet musters up enough strength to destroy the sample and the Autobots arrive just in time to save him from bleeding to death. Alas, a drop of Synth-En lingers at the 'Con mine, which KO discovers just before the credits roll. Starscream and Soundwave do not appear in this episode.

I wrote that for old times' sake, but y'all really need to hunt this thing down on YouTube. *This* is the Ratchet-Feature-Episode we've been waiting for and it does not disppoint. There are some shades of IDW Pretender Kup here, and that's pretty cool, but it's a very unique story overall. There's a scene where the amped-up Ratchet chews out Prime for not killing Megatron when he had the chance that's just awe-inspiring. Likewise, there's an adjacent scene in which Ratchet blames Prime for Cliffjumper's death that's appropriately cringe-inducing (Arcee's reaction is righteously spot-on... are we about ready to proclaim TF:P Arcee to be the greatest female TF character in TV history? 'cause I am). Top-notch writing and acting all-around.

I just noticed that the vehicle modes of the Jet Vehicons look a fair bit like BM Jetstorm. This pleases me greatly. BM Jetstorm / Psychopathic-Mike-The-TV is one of the greatest 'Cons of all time... don't deny it!!!

There's a great little moment where Breakdown is shootin' the slag with a Vehicon and off-handedly mentions that, despite all the "extra arms", Airachnid "intrigues" him! That's just great stuff. Reminds me so much of BW, it's almost painful. But it's a *good* kind of pain...

Whether it's Duane Capizzi or somebody else at Hasbro, somebody is *really* paying attention to the best parts of G1, BW, BM and TF:A and siphoning them into TF:P. I can understand why that might bore some people... I, on the other hand, applaud the efforts to reboot in a way that pays respect to the past *and* do things a little differently (... and in many cases, more logically). It's not a rehashed version of G1... it's an *improved* version of G1... seriously...

That said, yes, this is basically a TF episode about anabolic steroids and South Park already covered that, like, five years ago. But hey, kids can't watch South Park (or at least, they *shouldn't*), but kids do need to know that steroids are crap. If they had just figured out a way to show Ratchet's robo-testicles shrinking, it would have been a perfect PSA...

#Warpath: Ziff! Pow! Blammo! Remember guys, steroids'll turn your jonesies t' raisins and make y' useless to a human woman! Kablammo!!!

#Roland: Hey, thanks man!

#Raoul: Yeah, I totally didn't know that... now get off our breakin' pad, y' tin-plated turkey!

#Warpath: Shove it, Jose! Boosh! Anyhoo, now you know...

#Roland, Raoul, Rocksteady & Poplock: ... AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!!!!

... uh, sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote of the ep- "Stronger... faster... *studlier*!" - Bulkhead (after Ratchet flirts with Arcee... yes, that actually happened... I love this show)

J (I also think that the Deluxe Knock Out toy should have come with a buzzsaw [I think Mr. McFeely said this on FB last week]... oh well... maybe they'll make a "Leader Class Knock Out" in 2013... <fingers
crossed>)

UltraPrimal
08-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Already posted.
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=34046

Also, "T.M.I." was last weeks episodes title.

razin
08-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Yea the episode you described is the yet to be named Episode 22, last week was 21 T.M.I, in which bulkhead has the synthetic energon formula zapped into his head.

ConvoyGTR
08-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Very odd lately these episodes haven't had the accompanying titles.

Evan
08-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Heh heh heh... as Mr. Allspark (or is it Mr. Magnotron?... hm) pointed out on alt.toys.transformers, Teletoon is now airing TF:P episodes *before* they air on the Hub... it's BMS2 all over again! Huzzah!
Useless Trivia Moment:
Beasties Season 1 also premiered before Beast Wars Season 1. Beast Wars Season 2 began before Beasties Season 2, but Beasties Season 2 wrapped up first. And if memory serves, season 3 of Beasties was a week or two ahead of Beast Wars for the entire run. So you could argue that the majority "original air dates" listed on the DVD releases are wrong.

As far as this episode of TF: Prime, I haven't watched it yet, so I can't comment. :rofl:

Iacon
08-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Already posted.
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=34046

Also, "T.M.I." was last weeks episodes title.

I thought episode reviews were supposed to go in the feedback/reviews section?

And yes, I apologize for mislabelling. I was totally unaware that episode 21 aired last week.

Is there still no word as to what episode 22 is actually called...?

Iacon
08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Very odd lately these episodes haven't had the accompanying titles.

What do you mean by "haven't had"? They never actually show up on the actual episodes themselves. I've just been getting them from YouTube. I have no idea how they're being officially released to the public...

IMDB? Some Darby Pop / Hasbro board that I'm unaware of...?

Iacon
08-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Useless Trivia Moment:
Beasties Season 1 also premiered before Beast Wars Season 1.

I remember watching the preview commercial for "Beasties" and being totally unaware that it had anything to do with Transformers (I was still under the impression that Primal and Megatron were a bat and alligator, so the image of a purple CGI T-Rex meant nothing to me).

YTV really dropped the ball when it came to initial promotion for that show. I understand why they had to change the name from "Beast Wars" to "Beasties", but why couldn't they just call it *Transformers*!!!

And "Beasties" really was a terrible name. I figured it was a Scottish slapstick farce of some type...

Nightscrabbler
08-16-2011, 07:08 PM
And "Beasties" really was a terrible name. I figured it was a Scottish slapstick farce of some type...
"So, Poochie okay with everybody?"

ConvoyGTR
08-16-2011, 07:18 PM
What do you mean by "haven't had"? They never actually show up on the actual episodes themselves. I've just been getting them from YouTube. I have no idea how they're being officially released to the public...

IMDB? Some Darby Pop / Hasbro board that I'm unaware of...?
Yeah I guess not. Just that when a episode comes out the uploader usually has the title to go with it. I doubt they are making up a title rather they are getting the name from tfwiki or imdb or wherever.

Evan
08-17-2011, 12:30 AM
I remember watching the preview commercial for "Beasties" and being totally unaware that it had anything to do with Transformers
Ditto. I remember a friend calling me and saying, "Hey you know that Beasties show? It's Transformers you know." I was like "whhhaa?!" and flipped to the TV guide channel as back then YTV repeated everything 12 times a week, and as luck would have it, it was on in an hour. :canada:

As far as this episode of Transformers: Prime, I watched it today. I really enjoyed it. I hope this is leading up to a huge battle that the Autobots can't win, but in the 11th hour Wheeljack (or someone equally as awesome) returns to earth having intercepted the synthetic energon formula, and thus saving the day.

Iacon
08-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I hope this is leading up to a huge battle that the Autobots can't win, but in the 11th hour Wheeljack (or someone equally as awesome) returns to earth having intercepted the synthetic energon formula, and thus saving the day.

Hmm... yeah, I didn't really give much thought to the dripping-Sythn-En cliffhanger, but yeah, if Knock Out reverse-engineers the formula, the 'Cons are basically invincible (and the rage-a-hol side effects won't really matter to 'Cons-- that's how they normally act!)

I really dig how this "Energon race" element is being handled. It nicely harkens back to the energy shortage theme of SunbowG1 and really lends a greater sense of urgency to the missions. Reminds me a bit of BW Season 1 where everybody freaked out over a new stasis pod shifting the balance of power in one direction or another...

Hound
08-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Ya, loving this show!

"It's alright. I'm an emergency vehicle" :rofl:

And minimal human appearances again! :clapping:

mx-01 archon
08-19-2011, 06:58 PM
The best part of this episode was Megatron, hands-down. All of Ratchet's wild antics were just a precursor to the appearance of that monster.

Megatron's not had much opportunity to get his hands dirty in this series, yet. He fought Prime to a standstill in the pilot, but since then, he's done little but stand around and act imposing.

But in just one brief scene, he shows just why everybody's so afraid of him.

So for most of the episode, you've got Ratchet going all Kratos, one-man-army style against the Decepticon horde, over-the-top takedowns and all. An unstoppable killing machine.

Then he takes on the big M. Gets one good blow in, only because Megatron greatly underestimated him. But then Megs gets serious. Stands up to Ratchet, one-on-one, no cheap shots. One punch from Megs, and Mr. Invincible's all bleeding out on the floor, all but dead.

That's just... scary beyond all belief.