PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: The Movie 25th Anniversary

Super_Megatron
08-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Transformers: The Movie 25th Anniversary (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/transformers-the-movie-25th-anniversary-173073/)

Category: Generation 1

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

CobraCommander
08-08-2011, 03:33 PM
HBD!

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8281/sam0123k.jpg

Commandoclone87
08-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I wish I was old enough to have seen it in theatres, but I remember staying up late to watch it everytime it came on tv.

I just wish that they had a little bit more fanfare this year for the 25th anniversary of the movie (maybe instead of the Animated Stunticons at Botcon, they could have done a box set of special edition G1 figures or Classics Figures to represent the main cast).

Perceptor
08-08-2011, 04:00 PM
This movie forever changed TF for me... I just didn't like the TV show as much afterwards. Season 3 with the new crew didn't captivate me as much, as a kid, and I slowly stopped watching the show on TV (was it 1986? Wow...). Now I am actually finding out for the first time what happened with Season 3 on DVDs.

Dragon Knight
08-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Lenard Nimoy NAILED Galvatron's voice. Nothing against Welker of course, but Galvatron sounded way too wimpy and whiney in the TV Show.

Darth Cylon
08-08-2011, 04:19 PM
This movie forever changed TF for me... I just didn't like the TV show as much afterwards. Season 3 with the new crew didn't captivate me as much, as a kid, and I slowly stopped watching the show on TV (was it 1986? Wow...). Now I am actually finding out for the first time what happened with Season 3 on DVDs.

After watching the entire TF G1 series on DVD, I realized why I forgot about TF in the first place. Season 3 really sucked!!!

JLvatron
08-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Nothing against Welker of course, but Galvatron sounded way too wimpy and whiney in the TV Show.

That's also because his personality changed. Galvatron became insane from Unicron's tortures/the plasma bath and had personally lost his whole empire.

Storily, it makes alot of sense and added a great character drama.

nicoath
08-08-2011, 05:24 PM
What a memory! I was 9 years old and went to watch it on opening day in the theater, 25 years ago! Unreal. I was with my cousin and he was beside himself when all those Autobots where blown to bits. I was thoroughly entertained...and finally content when Starscream became Decepticon leader! Then he was melted by Galvatron. Oh, the travesty! This movie will live in my heart forever.

Where were you when Prime went dark?

Happy 25th!

justprime
08-08-2011, 05:31 PM
WOW 25 years today seen it at the theater in Square one,... gosh I feel old

CobraCommander
08-08-2011, 05:32 PM
What a memory! I was 9 years old and went to watch it on opening day in the theater, 25 years ago! Unreal. I was with my cousin and he was beside himself when all those Autobots where blown to bits. I was thoroughly entertained...and finally content when Starscream became Decepticon leader! Then he was melted by Galvatron. Oh, the travesty! This movie will live in my heart forever.

Where were you when Prime went dark?

Funny enough, I was also with my older cousin watching the movie too. I recall the theatre being pretty empty, maybe 20-30 people. There were a lot of "whoahs" and gasps when Spike said sh!t. All the Autobots dying was quite depressing and a few kids could be heard crying :crying:

Optimus73
08-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Still the highlight of G1 in my eyes.
I saw it at the Square One shopping Mall in Mississauga, at the original movie theater built there within the mall, that has since been gutted & replaced.
I was 13 at the time, & my younger brother & I were so into it, that we held our bladders at bay until the end of the flick, less we'd miss an awesome moment of it!
I would later go on to purchase all releases on VHS & disc, & am patiently awaiting its debut on Blu ray.

Common, Shout! factory; it's time.

razin
08-08-2011, 05:57 PM
I saw it in theatres, I was 9 at the time. I'm pretty sure it was either @ the London Mews theatres or the Capitol. Both are gone now. I honestly only recall Optimus and Starscreams death and that Galvatron became the new leader, everything I had forgot about until I watched again just a few years ago. The death of Optimus was very devastating and I didn't watch season 3 becuz of it. (until last year)

Where is my official Bluray!!?!!??

Matrix_Holder
08-08-2011, 06:14 PM
My mom took me to see it when I was 9 at a small theatre in Burlington called "lakeshore cimema"?? I think...it was near the Oakville border. I loved that movie, I remember seeing it and some kid in the front row had Ultra Magnus and I hadn't even seen it on the shelves yet. I was mesmerized by the movie, there were only about 10 kids in the room and 5 adults. I had never seen a movie with animation that good before, the story was captivating and brilliant. Hot rod is awesome I need that toy I remember thinking. *spoilers* when Prime died and Megatron becomes Galvatron I nearly shat myself...they killed off the 2 biggest characters...that's never been done before! And then Starscream dies..WTF! Unicron transfrorms and Hot rod becomes Rodimus Prime...blew my 9 year old mind. I bought the Beta version when it came out (still have it) and the VHS when that came out...and the VHS rerelease and then the DVD when I didn't even have a DVD yet, well until my PS2. It is still my favourite movie to this day. I finally downloaded the BlueRay edition and that brought me back to that theatre as a 9 year old boy again. They need to release the BlueRay in Canada.

malteselegacy
08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
I was 12 and saw it with my brother.

Mighty_Galvatron
08-08-2011, 11:09 PM
I was 6 when I saw it in a DRIVE-IN. It was epic.

25th Anniversary hmmm...I smell a BluRay.

Supernova
08-08-2011, 11:26 PM
For me, I remember my parents renting it for me on rainy days at our summer cottage. As a kid, I was just ticked off (though I don't recall actually crying) that all the characters I ever cared about were killed off left and right to be replaced with characters I had no attachment to. Kup? Springer? Hot Rod? Who cares!

As an adult now, I have a greater appreciation for it within my enjoyment of the franchise, and like watching the 20th anniversary DVD every so often. (And I excitedly wait for the release of Kup, and hope for a official Springer someday!)

I still hate "The Touch" so much, though... :p

For those looking for a Blu-ray of the movie - it is out there as there was a UK release some time back. But I don't know what there would be gained by converting it to HD. It looks pretty great at SD resolution on my flat screen.

Robimus
08-08-2011, 11:38 PM
I watched this at the old Eaton Place cinemas in Winnipeg when I was a kid, but I got there late and spent most of the movie wondering why Prime and the rest of the Transfromers I knew weren't in it.

Found out later that I just missed their part :banghead:

Hellboy
08-08-2011, 11:54 PM
I think it was the first animated cartoon I ever saw that actually killed off main characters. It was both shocking and refreshing because going in you knew no-one was safe. The opening to that movie was kind of what I was expecting with the live-action film but it was not to be.