PDA

View Full Version : TRU MP Rodimus - Quick Thoughts

agent420
08-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Picked him up @TFCON.

Notable Differences (Hasbro vs. Takara)
I don't own the Takara version - just based on numerous video reviews I've watched

Missing paint apps on Hasbro forearms
Chest flame app missing black outline on Hasbro
Red and grey lower legs on Hasbro
Tail lights lack grey paint app on Hasbro
Spoiler lacks orange centre piece on Hasbro
Lack of chrome on engine and wheels on Hasbro
Lack of clear plastic on Hasbro pelvis piece
Glass is darker on Hasbro
More paint apps on Hasbro accessories

Gripes With Hasbro Version

Offshoot is pretty crooked in gun mode
Rodimus can barely hold Offshoot in gun mode
Arms in alt mode don't fit snuggly when tabbed in and exhaust pipes are aligned

Looks like the problematic shin piece has been changed. No problems thus far.

His chest clips together more tightly and has not come loose from moving his arms.

His visor will stay hidden easily as well.

Hasbro version has a different elbow joint which uses a strange plastic piece that can be separated from the upper arm.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kYNezpCBLmM/Tjtc5Mzmn8I/AAAAAAAABJ0/1ynu-7a7_XE/s576/IMG_2241.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Pe3hDhIXBf0/Tjtc1d8Y_ZI/AAAAAAAABJk/-KEgLo5BH1U/s576/IMG_2254.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1WSpU445ixA/Tjtc1r9YrcI/AAAAAAAABJo/qWyybp-mIDY/s720/IMG_2260.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8c8rRbiURvU/Tjtc37J1_4I/AAAAAAAABJs/9rIKVZsqIJA/s720/IMG_2263.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bmWj4cm10UU/Tjtc4DZIn3I/AAAAAAAABJw/ECks4anCrLI/s720/IMG_2282.JPG

Mighty_Galvatron
08-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Cool, thanks for this. Is it possible for you to put up some side-by-side comparison pictures of the two versions?

agent420
08-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Cool, thanks for this. Is it possible for you to put up some side-by-side comparison pictures of the two versions?

Unfortunately I don't have the Takara version. Sorry should have made that more clear.

These are just some differences I've spotted based on numerous video reviews I've watched of the Takara one.

Beyond just cosmetics, the elbow and shin connecting pieces are definitely different.

racerguy76
08-05-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm really surprised at how stable he is.

And light, but my other MP is a Takara Ultra Magnus.

agent420
08-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm really surprised at how stable he is.

And light, but my other MP is a Takara Ultra Magnus.

He feels a bit lighter than MP Grimlock but heavier than Takara Skywarp.

Those MP seeker molds seem a little flimsy.

Now if I only had an MP Prime mold to compare ...

The Ark
08-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Has anyone put the arm stickers on? I'm curious as to how they look.

Matrix_Holder
08-05-2011, 01:05 AM
I love MP Hotrod. I have had no problems with him holding firebold in his had, fits perfectly. hasbro did good on this MP as well.

SanMiguel
08-05-2011, 07:15 AM
nice review....cant wait to grab one at my nearest TRU shop!!!

agent420
08-05-2011, 09:21 AM
I love MP Hotrod. I have had no problems with him holding firebold in his had, fits perfectly. hasbro did good on this MP as well.

Hmm I wonder if it's only my Offshoot that has these QC problems.

Offshoot's gun barrels are so crooked ... and I can't for the life of me secure it within Rodimus' hands.

Rodimus holds his 2 blasters fine though.

Shockwave 75
08-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Could anyone supply an ISBN or UPC number for MP Roddy? That way we can just call our local TRU's to see if they ahve him in.

agent420
08-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Could anyone supply an ISBN or UPC number for MP Roddy? That way we can just call our local TRU's to see if they ahve him in.

Item #: 724463
SKU: B58DF5E0
UPC/EAN/ISBN: 653569611653
Manufacturer #: 32108

Taken from TRU USA website.

wervenom
08-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I spoke to a guy at TRU in Vaughn Mills. He said they were "in transit." Gave me the item # 370282 if that helps

wervenom
08-05-2011, 04:17 PM
I have the Takara Version and plan on buying the Hasbro as well. When he arrives I would be happy to do a side by side comp. if no one beats me to it.

Akroyer
08-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm hoping to be able to get one in person. But Toys R Us is 90 mins away from me, when and if I get word that it comes in.

Looking forward to it. Been checking the website for Toys R Us .CA but nothing on there yet. And probably won't last long when it does.

Shockwave 75
08-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Item #: 724463
SKU: B58DF5E0
UPC/EAN/ISBN: 653569611653
Manufacturer #: 32108

Taken from TRU USA website.

I spoke to a guy at TRU in Vaughn Mills. He said they were "in transit." Gave me the item # 370282 if that helps
Sweet, thanks!

Demonss
08-08-2011, 07:00 AM
I did a video review of MP Rodimus, and my rodimus had all the usual problems (same as my Takara Version had).
The suspects being:
1) couldn't hold his guns
2) chest comes unclipped
3) backpack comes unclipped.

So during my video review I showed how to fix all the problems.

No problems holding any weapons now.. Even shaking him.
It's a long video but in my opinion worth watching since it addresses the most common complaints.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khcZ5xprt0g

wervenom
08-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Scored one and will do the still pics later today if I have time

Gaetznes
08-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Just got off the phone with my local tru.

There skn # is 370 282 for Collector Masterpiece Rodimus.

i assume skn is like a sku and is just a quick refence #.

Hope this helps

EDIT- Just realized I posted same info some else already posted. my bad for skipping throught a tread.

agent420
08-08-2011, 01:05 PM
I did a video review of MP Rodimus, and my rodimus had all the usual problems (same as my Takara Version had).
The suspects being:
1) couldn't hold his guns
2) chest comes unclipped
3) backpack comes unclipped.

So during my video review I showed how to fix all the problems.

No problems holding any weapons now.. Even shaking him.
It's a long video but in my opinion worth watching since it addresses the most common complaints.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khcZ5xprt0g

Thanks for the video review dawg. I've actually seen a couple of yours b4 just casually browsing.

You made the trek to TFCON all the way from Virginia?

wervenom
08-08-2011, 08:54 PM

I am sure many have watched youtube videos and such but I did say I would post pics when I got it. Not that this might help much but I took these very quickly just for side by side. I left the Hasbro as Hot Rod and Takara as Rodimus just for the height difference. I won't go into any details as I am sure you can see the differences for yourselves. All items on the left are the Hasbro version and on the right would be the Takara. Either way I am happy to have both as I plan to leave the takara in alt mode very soon. Although I do have one question. Why the 2nd Matrix? I was so excited when I saw it since I thought that would fit into his chest when I bought it. Obviously delirium from just having found it. Oh well. Can't complain was worth it especially at 30% off:D

Mighty_Galvatron
08-08-2011, 11:04 PM
/\/\

MUCH appreciated, thank you. :raisetheroof:

Breakdown
08-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Yikes.... you'd almost think Hasbro's was a knockoff!

sikkbones
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
This is hot rod right? How is the playability compared to the battle is space set? Is there a mp rodmious prime out?

zerocustom
08-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Wow can't get over how dark the grey is on him. How is the car mode? Can he roll with little resistance? And does he fold into car mode a little better?

Valfar
08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
In person, the grey face is not that dark looking IMO. He does also come with some shoulder stickers that make him more G1 toy accurate and one Autobot and one Decepticon sticker below them on the same sheet.

The second matrix is the best addition to this version of the figure, a great value since i paid almost three times more for my china ex Takara MP Rodimus Convoy.

Uberman
08-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Is it strange that I consider this Masterpiece Firebolt with a Rodimus accessory?

I really like Firebolt that much.

Er, Offshoot. Whatever.

wervenom
08-09-2011, 06:09 PM
This is hot rod right? How is the playability compared to the battle is space set? Is there a mp rodmious prime out?

Same thing. You can increase his height, although not by much, and switch his face to make him Rodimus prime. In terms of playabilty I'm not sure what you mean but there is a huge difference between this and the BIS Rodimus

sikkbones
08-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Would I have to get a Tarakara mp to get the trailer?

Matrix_Holder
08-09-2011, 09:02 PM
yes you will, unless a 3rd party company releases a trailer too.

typev3
08-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Does anyone have a picture with the stickers attached? Curious to see what it looks like!

Demonss
08-10-2011, 08:37 AM

It depends what you call playable.

In terms of transformation is much more complex than the BIS set, mp is likely more fragile too (ie dropping it would be bad).

If playability means rolling your toy on the floor and all that stuff.. yeah.. I'd say MP hodrod is not playable as it's too fragile, and takes too long to transform compared to a BIS rodimus.

Crobot91
08-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Picked up two yesterday. Disappointed with the paint scheme; the Takara one is much nicer; I have both versions so I can compare). Really don't care for the grey face or red shins.

In addition, the quality is not any better or worse on the Hasbro version IMO. Then again, I was always of the opinion that the takara & hasbro relaease of MP Starscream and MP Grimlock were identical despite other people's assertions to the contrary.

Otherwise, for $50 (30% off rocks) it's a nice toy to have.

wervenom
08-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Does anyone have a picture with the stickers attached? Curious to see what it looks like!

Having only found the stickers yesterday I don't really like the look of them. I checked all my other variations of hor rod and rodimus I don't see anything on them that even looks remotely close as to what the stickers represent. I think for me I am going to leave them off. Don't see the need for them IMO.

Crobot91
08-10-2011, 09:47 AM
^ Agreed; the stickers are a waste. Hoping Reprolabels come up with a nice set to give him more flash.

typev3
08-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Having only found the stickers yesterday I don't really like the look of them. I checked all my other variations of hor rod and rodimus I don't see anything on them that even looks remotely close as to what the stickers represent. I think for me I am going to leave them off. Don't see the need for them IMO.

They're supposed to be on the arms like his G1 toy

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/03/r_hotrod036.jpg

RodimusMatrix
08-10-2011, 02:33 PM
I would'nt know since i don't have him yet...

wervenom
08-10-2011, 02:53 PM
They're supposed to be on the arms like his G1 toy

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/03/r_hotrod036.jpg

Thanks for letting me know. I don't have that figure,I only have the BIS. Now having seen it, I know for a fact I wont use them. Since my G1 Rodimus doesn't use them and I plan on having him displayed as him as Rodimus they can stay in the pack. That and the Takara version never used them/came with them or had any other paint applications for it, IMO it looks good enough as is.

typev3
08-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I don't have that figure,I only have the BIS. Now having seen it, I know for a fact I wont use them. Since my G1 Rodimus doesn't use them and I plan on having him displayed as him as Rodimus they can stay in the pack. That and the Takara version never used them/came with them or had any other paint applications for it, IMO it looks good enough as is.

I think I'm going to go ahead and apply mine. Since the Hasbro version doesn't come with the trailer and the robot mode seems to have Hot Rod's boots instead of Rodimus Prime's black ones, I'm just going to look at this toy as Masterpiece Hot Rod

CobraCommander
08-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Is it just me or does MP Roddy have 0 clearance from tires to ground in car mode, also one of his arms does not stay pegged very well at the chrome pipes :/

Also, anyone know what the decepticon sticker is for?

wervenom
08-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Good point. If you have a chance take some pics so we can see. After I noticed the real differences I am not eben sure I am going to display my Takara ver. in alt mode after all, so I guess I will have MP Rodimus and MP Targetmaster Hot Rod

wervenom
08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Is it just me or does MP Roddy have 0 clearance from tires to ground in car mode, also one of his arms does not stay pegged very well at the chrome pipes :/

Haven't transformed him yet. Going to do it later today for my picture slideshow. Will repspond if I run into that problem

typev3
08-10-2011, 03:33 PM

Also, anyone know what the decepticon sticker is for?

Yeah, mine has very little clearance in alt mode. Haven't toyed around with it much though, so I'm sure I'll figure it out later.

As for the Decepticon sticker, I have no idea what that's for.

agent420
08-10-2011, 04:14 PM

You have to position his hands properly when transforming into alt mode.

His hands should be folded straight down.

Also his feet have to be pulled all the way forward before folding up and clipping into his chest.

That way his hands will have space.

If you do it right ... it'll roll on all 4 wheels ... with just enough clearance.

typev3
08-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Here are some pictures with the stickers attached. Got these from the TFW2005 boards.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-toy-discussion/27247193d1313026710-hasbro-mp-rodimus-issues-rod01.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-toy-discussion/27247194d1313026710-hasbro-mp-rodimus-issues-rod02.jpg

zuffyprime
08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
got questions:

1) Many people say the hands seem tricky. Can somebody post pics of how to fold them properly so they are all folded in.

2) How do you make Rodimus taller? Is it something you pull on the legs, feet?

Gonna sell my targetmaster guy when I get Roddy, anybody want him? thx

Uberman
08-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Gonna sell my targetmaster guy when I get Roddy, anybody want him? thx

Dude, yes.

Pascal
08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
How does he look with the Takara trailer? Are the colors matching decently?

wervenom
08-11-2011, 10:00 PM

Wont make it much of a difference. The trailer covers so much of the body you wont see the body but you would notice the chrome wheels being different. I did some shots earlier in this thread of bot mode comparison. I just finished the vehicle shots so check them out

evrdazed
08-12-2011, 01:51 AM
My Rodimus had a banged up left shoulder joint right out of the box. I wasn't just a crack, a quarter of it was broken, right where the pin goes through. The arm is still arm, but I am afraid of moving it around. Anyone else encountered this?

Goaliebot
08-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Mine is pretty solid except:

The patented EASY-DETACH (tm) backpack. It's really hard to get that little grey piece to hold.

The hands in vehicle mode... my god - THE HANDS! Where do they go? WHERE?!?!?!

Sideslap
08-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah the hand thing got me at first but I figured it out. The instructions instruct you to move the feet the wrong way you need to adjust the joint just above the ankle pivot so that it makes the feet sit more flatly into the pegs they're supposed to affix to this creates a lot more space. If anyone needs pictures I'd be happy to oblige

RageD
08-13-2011, 11:11 PM
^ Holy Eye Strain Batman!

brr-icy
08-13-2011, 11:18 PM
^ Holy Eye Strain Batman!

highlight it, it helps, blurrz used to use that colour too

zuffyprime
08-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah the hand thing got me at first but I figured it out. The instructions instruct you to move the feet the wrong way you need to adjust the joint just above the ankle pivot so that it makes the feet sit more flatly into the pegs they're supposed to affix to this creates a lot more space. If anyone needs pictures I'd be happy to oblige

pls post pics! thanks :)

Matrix_Holder
08-13-2011, 11:23 PM
yes ,please post a pic.

joshimus
08-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Why is Hasbros shorter? I haven't opened TRU Rodimus yet as I own Takara one though I think I may keep Takara in gint Rodimus vehicle mode and Hasbro as the Rodimus. Who knows. It doesn't matter. I should go to bed

zuffyprime
08-13-2011, 11:30 PM
those chrome hubcaps really make a difference!

I wish the front tires were as big as the back, and that they had deep dish rims. Would it be possible to mod that without making the car uneven?

Goaliebot
08-14-2011, 11:24 AM
By extra-pivoting the ankle joints to make the feet sit more toward the front of the car (and his toes go into little indents that way), then the hands can fit into the area OK, but not enough to connect the tabs in the car body to the holes in is arms.

Pics:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=11324&stc=1&d=1313335349
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=11325&stc=1&d=1313335349
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=11326&stc=1&d=1313335349
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=11327&stc=1&d=1313335349
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=11328&stc=1&d=1313335349

UltraPrimal
08-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I found that if you fold the hands at the wrist it helps getting them in there.

zuffyprime
08-14-2011, 04:07 PM
awesome, great detail, thanks for the pics :)

Sideslap
08-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Ahh sorry to offend the senses I'll adjust. I've posted a small pictorial in my album on what to look out for and what I did. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/album.php?albumid=213

digitalskull
08-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Is the TFCON Version different fron the TRU Version?

silver1spider
08-14-2011, 11:05 PM
I found that if you fold the hands at the wrist it helps getting them in there.

I messed around with it; trying to form a knuckle or doing the wrist wrap around, and switching the hands to the tool mode ... But it still cause the arm not to sit flush against the cockpit like it was designed to do:rant:

My solution is to take out the hands entirely and just leave them in the cockpit.

By the way -do people find the chrome plating starting to get a lot of fine scratches (from handling) I think Hasbro has skim out on the chrome and use a thinner coating:(

I am kinda glad I got the Hasbro version (which had been improved) I doubt if my MP-09 (with its flaw) would had survive that kinda of stress from transformation.

I think this Hasbro version is definitely worth it for the price (considering how expensive the MP-09 version is along with its QC issue)

Valfar
08-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Mine is pretty solid except:

The patented EASY-DETACH (tm) backpack. It's really hard to get that little grey piece to hold.

The hands in vehicle mode... my god - THE HANDS! Where do they go? WHERE?!?!?!

I just took the hands off before i transformed him, my MP-09 doesn't have this issue though, hands fold and fit better but, maybe i should try and troubleshoot the leg positioning on my Hasbro version then give the hands a chance.

Demonss
08-15-2011, 11:35 AM

There was no TFcon version of rodimus.

SleeplessKnight
08-16-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm finding that Offshoot/Firebolt fits perfectly in the hands of Alternators Hot Rod. That's where he's going to be displayed from now on.

ConvoyGTR
08-17-2011, 04:15 AM
My Rodimus had a banged up left shoulder joint right out of the box. I wasn't just a crack, a quarter of it was broken, right where the pin goes through. The arm is still arm, but I am afraid of moving it around. Anyone else encountered this? You too? My problem was the ankle. I was transforming just the legs the first time and was going back to bot mode when I noticed the left foot was wiggling in the air and I looked closed to see the ankle joint has split 90% of the way. >.< I managed to exchange it and the new one seems fine now.

Yeah the hand thing got me at first but I figured it out. The instructions instruct you to move the feet the wrong way you need to adjust the joint just above the ankle pivot so that it makes the feet sit more flatly into the pegs they're supposed to affix to this creates a lot more space. If anyone needs pictures I'd be happy to oblige I was having a hella lot of trouble getting the arms to fit properly at first too in vehicle mode, until i realized there is a another joint between the two ratchet joints you have to adjust (not mentioned in the instructions) to have the proper clearance in alt mode.

ConvoyGTR
08-17-2011, 04:28 AM
My quick thoughts of Rodimus:

Cons:
- Transformation feels unrefined and could of been engineered a bit better.
- Transformation is not fun or intuitive and that is coming for a guy who enjoys transforming Starscream and Megatron.
- Lack of paint apps make Roddy feel cheap compared to the pics and video reviews I'm use to seeing of the Japanese version.
- Arm articulation as everyone has said.
- The guns are molded in red then painted over in grey. Very very weird.

Pros:
- The most stable MP of them all. Multiple ratchet joints through out the legs and diecast feel a la SH Figuarts make this guy probably the most stable TF I have.
- Price and the awesome Matrix and Targetmaster accessories.

Bang for your buck, this is the version to get, however as a MP I would rank it bottom compared to the others.

Crobot91
08-17-2011, 02:06 PM

I'm guessing you mean SDCC San Diego Comic Con version? From my understanding, it's the same as the TRU version.

UltraMarknus
08-17-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry, but esthetics-wise the Hasbro version fails in comparison to the Takara version. No doubt, if you want the best version of this toy, it has to be Takara. The dark grey plastic is just off. Firebolt, the Matrix and gun paint apps are nice additions. For the price, its not bad. Price not withstanding though...horrid in comparison.

razin
08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Issues with mine are the same as everyone's. Sides (arms) don't tab in, but the exhaust pipes hold them in place anyways.

Initially I couldn't get the ankles to fold enough to give clearance for little flap to sit flush, but after 3 days of fussing around with it I finally got it to sit properly (which also got the bottom leg flaps to click in).

Out of my own stupidity I didn't even realize there was a clip that held the chest down. I saw the holes on the top of the cockpit window but for some reason I didn't bother to locate the corresponding clip....duh.

I have no probs with the hands getting tucked away. Definitely recommended to have his arms in tool mode when going to alt mode. As long u have the fingers folded over the thumb and u place the back of the hand against the red flap it will fold back into his forearm just fine.

I do not have any issues with Firebolt sitting in his hand, sure it can be knocked loose but for display purposes its perfectly fine. As for issues with the barrels not being aligned correctly I don't have that issue.

Up until an hour ago I was satisfied with him, but since getting the alt to finally sit properly AND roll with clearance I am now very happy with him. I don't have the Takara version as I cannot justify that kind of price tag for a modern day release but the changes between the two do not bother me a bit.

On a somewhat related topic, seeing as Takara is releasing a new MP OP model do we think we can expect a N.A. release? I'd love to get a MP Prime but the current ones are not in scale with the newer MP releases. Would rather wait for the new model if it comes our way.

CyberMnky
08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
One of my shin guards peg just doesn't sit in the little swing arm hinge thingy, falls out if you think too hard. And the orange metal hingy bit was scratched and marked right out of the box but alas...

But despite all that - I like this guy. I am still working on getting his hands/arms to fold in properly but that's minor.

Goaliebot
08-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Overall he's flawed, but a lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of the character, but this is a great toy and well worth $50.

Darth Cylon
08-17-2011, 06:02 PM
On a somewhat related topic, seeing as Takara is releasing a new MP OP model do we think we can expect a N.A. release? I'd love to get a MP Prime but the current ones are not in scale with the newer MP releases. Would rather wait for the new model if it comes our way.

All I want is a re-designed, scaled-down MP Megatron 2.0 that transforms into a realistic 1:1 scale Walther P38.

Either that or MP G1 Shockwave, but Shockwave's transformation is way too easy to warrant MP treatment....

damian_1349
08-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Just got mine, I have the gun issue...wont hold the rifle at all...most likey due to the weight, and offshoot just falls out of his hand...also the clip holding the torso together is somewhat loose and the backpack falls off a bit. and with mine the wing while in alt mode is crooked...but all in all still a cool figure even with all his flaws

Perceptor
08-19-2011, 10:19 PM
I am still sitting on the fence on this figure... Yes he's a MP and looks like a cool toy... but I don't love his character that much. I got one just in case I can't find him nearby while I decide...

agent420
08-19-2011, 10:41 PM
I think he's a great toy ... especially if u got it for $55 bux.

I find myself transforming, playing and posing MP Rodi way more than my other MPs.

- Sturdier than MP Skywarp

- More posable than MP Grimlock (in robot mode at least ... MP Grimlock is sick!)

- Alot more playable than MP Optimus ... my MP-01L is just too bulky and heavy to do anything with beyond pose. Not to mention the paint chips you get from transformation.

brr-icy
08-20-2011, 12:58 AM
One of my shin guards peg just doesn't sit in the little swing arm hinge thingy, falls out if you think too hard.

same with mine, not as loose as that, but the three prong plastic piece is short molded (not the first time i've had those attachments be faulty), and offshoot's waist was mis-pinned, i took it apart and re inserted it, good as new. but other than those two things, it's a really nice figure

wervenom
08-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Currently in the states. picked up a few items and will list haul later, however, picked up another MP Rodimus. I only want the figure. If anyone wants the packaging, 2 matrixes and all other accessories, shoot me a pm to purchase it

SanMiguel
08-22-2011, 07:28 AM
i read somewhere that Rodi has this shoulder issue...someone opened it straight out of the box after moving the shoulders up and down it cracked and broke....maybe it was one of those QC stuff but after reading it last night i opened mine and check out the shoulders. good thing there was no crack sighted on my Rodi....

anyhow i feel really happy about this figure, its fun play and great to posed it side by side with my MP01. at first i was expecting this figure to be light but as i have handled it, it seems to be pretty much heavy (not to much thou like MP01 but just right for its height). it pretty solid to posed unlike my MP01 which is a bit hard to posed (due to its weight maybe) but im ust admit that toy technology has really improved since they issue the 1st Masterpiece. kudos to the masterpeice series.

btw does Rodi have that loose arms??? i feel that my Rodis left arm is a bit loose....is it really like it???

Gaming Turtle
08-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Just got one today, I really like the figure but, $80 was a steep price to pay.

wervenom
08-23-2011, 07:23 PM

Here is a pic with the hasbro Rodimus with Takara trailer. I have been reading all the issues with him and I have to say I have been very lucky with the Takara and the 2 hasbros I bought. I don't have any issues with the shoulders, feet or anything else that people seem to have been getting. My takara doesn't hold the rifle very well but thats about it. My hasbro holds both off shoot and guns perfectly even when I have the guns locked in rifle mode. Back to the pics the chrome wheels make a HUGE difference but since I want the Takara in Bot mode this will do. I also included some shots just for fun of sixe comparison for both vehicle mode and bot mode. Hopefully someone will have use for the shots and answer some questions

Pascal
08-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the pics!

rego00123
08-27-2011, 12:42 PM
ive gone through 3 of these guys now for varies QC and stability issues. im afraid to even transform this one now after the last ones foot broke off just moving it as it was intended to function. once you see those barley a few millimeters thick plastic hinge pieces attaching the foot to those hard ratchets its scary to even think about clicking them into the place for preparation of the car mode

i want to love this guy, but being afraid to move a figure that is meant to be moved isnt exactly a fun experiment to undergo. totally soured mood towards this masterpiece, its been nothing but a mess for me since getting the original takara release.

bleh...just bleh

ConvoyGTR
08-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I had to go through 3 Rodimus for various QC issues too and coincidentally, the left foot snapped off too after 3 clicks; never happened to me on any Transformer before. You have to transform this new one to see if it is good or not. And exchange it again if it is bad, you might get some guff and have to do some convincing, but you shouldn't have to settle with a bad QC toy.

This third one transforms fine with no issues, except for 2 stress marks on the back panel next to the spoiler. Very odd place to have stress marks and I think they were always there, but didn't notice it at first.

After a few weeks of having it and maybe it's the bad experience I've had with it too, but I don't feel like I got my monies worth even at the TRU sale price I paid for it. Toy is missing too many paint apps. and the transformation feels so rough and unfinished.

SanMiguel
08-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I had to go through 3 Rodimus for various QC issues too and coincidentally, the left foot snapped off too after 3 clicks; never happened to me on any Transformer before. You have to transform this new one to see if it is good or not. And exchange it again if it is bad, you might get some guff and have to do some convincing, but you shouldn't have to settle with a bad QC toy.

This third one transforms fine with no issues, except for 2 stress marks on the back panel next to the spoiler. Very odd place to have stress marks and I think they were always there, but didn't notice it at first.

After a few weeks of having it and maybe it's the bad experience I've had with it too, but I don't feel like I got my monies worth even at the TRU sale price I paid for it. Toy is missing too many paint apps. and the transformation feels so rough and unfinished.

did TRU exchange t to a new one??? what did u tell TRU happen???

ConvoyGTR
08-27-2011, 05:06 PM
did TRU exchange t to a new one??? what did u tell TRU happen???
Initially, I was hesitant to go back to TRU after I had already exchanged the first Rodimus because of some paint QC, but a fellow board member encouraged me to go back even though my receipt was already marked for an exchange.

I told the lady at CS exactly what happened that the first one was returned for paint problems and that this one has a much more serious physical problem and is in fact broken.

This was 5 days after I had bought the original one and she wasn't willing to do the exchange and probably suspected I had done something fishy. I offered many times to show her the toy and the problem and eventually she called the manager over and I had to explain it to him. He didn't care as much as long as it's something being exchanged under the 45 day return policy. She gave in and did the exchange.

So, sometimes it goes smoothly and sometimes you have to get the manager...

Matrix_Holder
08-27-2011, 08:20 PM
That's right. Never feel bad or guilty about getting a manager involved. It is the right of all sentient beings to have an item be in the proper working condition at the time of purchase. You have the right to exchange faulty items as many times as needed , just as long as it is within their policy timeline. You pay for an item that is in perfect condition, not busted up junk. Quality control has taken a drastic drop over the last few years and we don't have to accept it. If something is not to your satisfaction, return it or exchange it. If for some reason they don't take it back....buy another one and use the new receipt with your busted return. Don't take their shit laying down. Do what ConvoyGTR did and get results. Now you know...and knowing is half the battle.....
The other half, bitchen til yer blue in the face and get whatcha want.

SanMiguel
08-28-2011, 06:11 PM
thanks for the tips guys...i havent transformed mine yet....but will try to transform it to know if QC issues will arise....

Sureshot22
08-29-2011, 05:07 PM
i know i read it somewhere but cant seem to find it or have the energy to find it.

how the hell do you put MP rodimus' hands into car mode??

i cant figure it out to save my life. and i cant seem to find a video on youtube that shows that part. its always from already being in car mode to robot and i never see how the hands are.

his leg part always seems to be in the way to stop the arms from tabbing onto the peg. and i tried in tool mode and its still not working..

someone please tell me how to do this its driving me nuts.

i finally get to open my MP roddy and nothing is broken on him but i cant transform the bastard lol

help!!:banghead::banghead:

razin
08-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Although I can successfully put his hands inside his arm I have not yet been able to tab in the arms in alt mode. I've resorted to taking the hands off, which allows everything to tab in nicely.

Benzo
08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
i know i read it somewhere but cant seem to find it or have the energy to find it.

how the hell do you put MP rodimus' hands into car mode??

i cant figure it out to save my life. and i cant seem to find a video on youtube that shows that part. its always from already being in car mode to robot and i never see how the hands are.

his leg part always seems to be in the way to stop the arms from tabbing onto the peg. and i tried in tool mode and its still not working..

someone please tell me how to do this its driving me nuts.

i finally get to open my MP roddy and nothing is broken on him but i cant transform the bastard lol

help!!:banghead::banghead:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showpost.php?p=365698&postcount=58

Perceptor
09-08-2011, 12:09 AM
So is the minicon targetmaster supposed to fit/tab into Rody's palm in gun mode? Looks like they need to reverse the "handle" part of the gun to fit... anyone tried to remod the handle? Can it be reversed easily?

brr-icy
09-08-2011, 01:03 AM
there is a bend in the handle that lines up with the head panel when they collapse

Sun Swipe Prime
09-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Hey I just tried putting my TRU rodimus into my Takara Rodimus' trailer. Did anyone else who did this notice the yellow fins seem to fit better with little to no rubbing? I'm just wondering if this is just my imagination. I'm reluctant to transform my Takara Rodimus to compare. I had a TRU Rodimus' shoulder explode on me and I'm a bit gun shy now.

Perceptor
09-11-2011, 11:31 PM
there is a bend in the handle that lines up with the head panel when they collapse

So the minicon in gun mode has that handle, with a tab that should fit in the palm of Rody, but mine has a handle that faces the opposite direction from the instruction sheet picture... so the notch where the thumb is supposed to fit through is in the front of the gun. Anyway it doesn't fit into his palm. Is it just mine or does anyone else have problem with that minicon?

CETERUS PRIME
10-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey I just tried putting my TRU rodimus into my Takara Rodimus' trailer. Did anyone else who did this notice the yellow fins seem to fit better with little to no rubbing? I'm just wondering if this is just my imagination. I'm reluctant to transform my Takara Rodimus to compare. I had a TRU Rodimus' shoulder explode on me and I'm a bit gun shy now.

What did you do with your shoulder exploding Rodimus, Sun Swipe Prime ? I just found mine with his shoulder lying on the bottom of the shelf. I never even touched it or transformed it at all ! It was just standing on display on my computer desk. Talk about cheap a$$ plastic, Hasbro :argh:

pandaprime
11-21-2011, 02:40 AM
What did you do with your shoulder exploding Rodimus, Sun Swipe Prime ? I just found mine with his shoulder lying on the bottom of the shelf. I never even touched it or transformed it at all ! It was just standing on display on my computer desk. Talk about cheap a$$ plastic, Hasbro :argh:

I agree about the cheap a$$ plastic. I was transforming my figure for just the second time to alt mode and was having difficulty pegging his arm into the body side :rolleyes: and while I was gently pushing the arm Rodimus' face broke off and fell out of his head :eek:.

Now I have two little bits of red plastic and a springy thing and the face :(

SleeplessKnight
11-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Bummer dude, that sucks.

He looks like he crossed movie prime on a bad day. "Give me your face!" KER-UNCH!

The 12th Prime
11-21-2011, 03:25 AM
With all the problems everyone is having and reporting I think someone should do what this video suggests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ&feature=artist

Protoman have you got a spare Roddy you could film doing this? I'd pay to see someone do it, Maaaaan!

ConvoyGTR
11-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Wow!!!!! I'm afraid to transformer mine now, only done it 3-4 times.

FYI: Convoy 2.0 is made out of the same cheap plastic. Shouldn't be as much of a problem since the transformation doesn't require as much force. Be aware of it though.

Sun Swipe Prime
11-21-2011, 04:29 AM

I just exchanged the figure. Second one was fine.

The 12th Prime
11-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Nobody threw it on the ground? Hmmm disappointed.

pandaprime
11-23-2011, 09:09 PM
thank goodness for TRU's return policy.

I bought a new one and used the receipt to return the one with a broken face.

Nomad
11-24-2011, 02:47 AM
With all the problems everyone is having and reporting I think someone should do what this video suggests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ&feature=artist

Protoman have you got a spare Roddy you could film doing this? I'd pay to see someone do it, Maaaaan!
Hahhahah that's some great stuff.

The 12th Prime
11-24-2011, 03:17 AM
Hahhahah that's some great stuff.

Oh yes it is, Man!

Northof49
05-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Well I am resurrecting this thread from the dead. I have had my TRU MP Rodimus in robot mode from day one. I have never once transformed it and it has stood proudly in my display cabinet since I bought him over 7 months ago until tonight. I noticed something odd about him and took a closer look only to find that his left arm had dropped off. The shoulder broke all by itself. I'm like WTF!:rant: Not to raise alarm bells as we all know that this figure is made with cheap plastic, but be aware that it may break all on it's own with no action required on our part.

Thank goodness I got it on sale. What a hunk of junk.

The Great Scrotum
05-31-2012, 01:36 AM
The term "hunk of junk" is pending approval of registered trademark. Your use of said term is under investigation by the offices of Hasbro. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to enjoy the fine products made by Hasbro Incorporated.

Echotransformer
05-31-2012, 07:20 PM
What the hell is going on here???...is this a GPS-like issue??? Sure seems like there's some kind of plastic degradation going on...I'm going to check mine tonight.

Has any similar issues been reported with Takara Roddy V1 or V2????

Markymark09
06-01-2012, 02:05 AM
:( I hope not, have both. just checked and mine seems fine on both tru and takara versions

gagagalvatron
06-01-2012, 09:31 AM
What the hell is going on here???...is this a GPS-like issue??? Sure seems like there's some kind of plastic degradation going on

Well, checking out the pictures in this thread (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=40197&page=2)makes me wonder if all the Hasbro MP Rodimus units have pins that are not long enough.

If that's the case, then there's stress on the unreinforced bit of the arm. Depending on conditions, arm position, and time, it could just shear off, and it would seem like something that's bound to happen to all of them eventually.

SanMiguel
06-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Well I am resurrecting this thread from the dead. I have had my TRU MP Rodimus in robot mode from day one. I have never once transformed it and it has stood proudly in my display cabinet since I bought him over 7 months ago until tonight. I noticed something odd about him and took a closer look only to find that his left arm had dropped off. The shoulder broke all by itself. I'm like WTF!:rant: Not to raise alarm bells as we all know that this figure is made with cheap plastic, but be aware that it may break all on it's own with no action required on our part.

Thank goodness I got it on sale. What a hunk of junk.

OMG this is indeed alarming, i too have my Rodimus in display without even Transforming him from the day i bought it for the fear of breaking his fragile plastic and lack of time to fiddle with it....will check mine when i get back:primelaugh:

wervenom
06-01-2012, 11:25 AM
For the time being mine have survived 3 transforms each (2 hasbro & 1 takara) and still display with all limbs in tact. Obviously now I will have to check everyday to see whn I get home one day and have Zombie Rodimus

k3v1nc0x
06-01-2012, 12:51 PM
The same exact thing happened to mine. He was fine for months... then one day maybe a month ago, his left arm falls off. It seems like in all the reports I've seen it's always the left arm too?

My MP09 v1 that I've had ever since it was released is fine. It didn't even have any of the QC issues others had.

Northof49
07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Well, I sent my Rodimus back to Hasbro for an exchange of equal value. I got the box from them today. The box was huge. At first I thought Unicron, kisk ass, but alas it was not to be. They sent me a bunch of things which I will pass on to my nephews. I can't say I am dissapointed with what they sent me as it was a good gesture on their part and I know that my nephews will love the stuff. Only one thing in the box that interested me and that was the PRID Voyager Optimus Prime, but I already have one. Oh well, the retail value of all the stuff was well beyond what I paid for Rodimus as I got him on sale for 30% off. Still too bad I couldn't have received a new MP Transformer though.

SleeplessKnight
10-01-2012, 02:25 AM
Well, it finally happened. After months and months of the figure being fine the left arm finally popped off. The joint inside is shattered beyond repair, and even if I could repair the plastic, the metal spring will prevent the glue from bonding the plastic pieces.

Surprisingly, my gf was more upset about it than I was, she had accidentally nudged it when the arm came off. I was actually not surprised as that particular part was notorious for breaking.

Oh well. Crap in a hat.

justprime
10-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Maybe the fandome could hire a third party to construct a replacemnet joint of better quality as an upgrade repair ? seems that there are quite a number of failures and it might just save a otherwise nice piece, Hasbro should offer a repair/replacement part for all the complaints that it must recieve over this it would be the proper thing to do instead of cheaping out and replacing a piece sent back with other non rodimus pieces Hasbro should owe up to a bad product flaw and offer a correction if they are going to replace it then by all means it should be another hotrod/rodimus perhaps the takara version instead.

TransformersforLife
10-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Maybe the fandome could hire a third party to construct a replacemnet joint of better quality as an upgrade repair ? seems that there are quite a number of failures and it might just save a otherwise nice piece, Hasbro should offer a repair/replacement part for all the complaints that it must recieve over this it would be the proper thing to do instead of cheaping out and replacing a piece sent back with other non rodimus pieces Hasbro should owe up to a bad product flaw and offer a correction if they are going to replace it then by all means it should be another hotrod/rodimus perhaps the takara version instead.

This is an interesting idea! Would definitely help both Hasbro and 3rd parties. However, if this ever does happen, I would assume Hasbro would simply open up its own part replacement/custom sector.