PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime: Episode 20 - Partners

Nightscrabbler
07-23-2011, 11:30 PM
youtube

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqCB8AxOW74&feature=channel_video_title
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KhgIoI6Ay4&feature=channel_video_title

[spoilers]

Excellent episode. I just realized that the whole episode didn't feature the kids... what a difference that makes! I don't hate inclusion of human characters or anything, but the extra focus on the Transformers really made this episode stand out.

Loved Megatron scolding Airachnid at the end. It shows how smart and focused of a leader he is, not just a brute. Starscream is showing some progress, though he is still a little too snivelling for my taste. But the immobilizer, as far as "trinkets" go, seemed almost unnecessary in the episode, especially with it breaking and then being magically rebuilt to save the frozen Autobots. Anyway, the plot was a little thin, but the characters were great.

Stapler
07-24-2011, 12:10 AM
The dedication to Larry Cullen at the end was very touching. It's very nice to see respect paid to the inspiration of Optimus Prime's voice, but more importantly, to a veteran.

The episode itself was great! It was a real nail biter and really let Arcee and Starscream shine. I can't wait to see what kind of role Starscream will play from here on out. :)

Dragon Knight
07-24-2011, 12:56 AM
LOL, Starscream should've kept his big yap shut about killing Cliffjumper...it seemed like Arcee and him were beginning to get along.

brr-icy
07-24-2011, 01:13 AM
very nice episode, thought starscream was actually going to join the autobots, the immobilizer is just a g1 nod thrown in, arcee's eyes seem to be going purple as well

Hound
07-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Nice to see that they don't have to have humans in every episode. The plot was a little thin but the Immobilizer was merely an excuse (homage) to allow some great characterization to be developed. I quite enjoyed it.

razin
07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Heres the link for the better encode, non-youtube

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NEU26BUH (thanx again to Darkprime @ TFW)

Enjoy.

trizeo
07-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Man I love this series! I can't wait for the toys!

King Benny
07-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Man I love this series! I can't wait for the toys!

Me too! The focus of my collection is purely G1 inspired but I think that is going to change. This show and the toys are excellent. Time to make a trip to Ikea... another shelf is needed!

down_shift
07-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Really liked the episode. I also liked how this is the first time they've mentioned a "supernatural" character other then Unicron.

Bulkhead name dropped The Fallen. Good small way to get into the next season.

bedtime
07-25-2011, 01:54 PM
man they're really doing some cool things story-wise in this show... from last episode where megs nearly kills starscream, to this one scolding airachnid for leaving him behind, and also SAYING OUT LOUD starscream is second in command. i love this show.

Prowl_2009
07-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Missed the episode, so I am downloading it as we speak.

SleeplessKnight
07-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Sweet! Prime has a trailer. Did he have that before in this series? I don't recall.

razin
07-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Sweet! Prime has a trailer. Did he have that before in this series? I don't recall.

Yes, this is the 2nd episode his trailer has appeared. The first was the episode where MECH made their first appearance.

herooftheday316
07-27-2011, 07:03 PM
I really liked this episode.
Even though some people (not me actually) have a problem with Prime's character in the show, I find he came off really well in this episode.

I really hope Bumblebee gets a voice at some point. Though his eyes and face emote a lot he just can't get the type of back story afforded to an Arcee or Bulkhead if he can't speak.

And Ratchet is SO underused. Let's hope the switch the focus to the forgotten characters soon. Maybe they are doing it to build a few strong characters at a time instead of jumping back and forth from one to another

-Mike

ConvoyGTR
07-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Holy moly! Man, this show is doing things and going places far beyond what I imagined.

The character of Arachnid is starting to get on my nerves when I consider she is a robot with spider legs that doesn't really fit into this show. It's a cool homage to Beast Wars, but in the context of this universe, it's kinda random. That doesn't bug me too much by itself, but combined with the fact she has webbing that is indestructible, is so fast to be almost untouchable in battle, and can randomly drill holes. I guess it's a tad bit too Mary Sue for my taste.

Prowl_2009
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Good episode! Loved that Prime had his trailer and how Arachnid got chewed out by Megs! :D

Iacon
08-04-2011, 01:48 AM
The dedication to Larry Cullen at the end was very touching. It's very nice to see respect paid to the inspiration of Optimus Prime's voice, but more importantly, to a veteran.

Oh! I was worried Larry Cullen was Peter's son/nephew/grandson, killed in action! That would have been terrible.

I mean yeah, it's still sad that his father passed, but not nearly *as* sad.

I agree that the tribute was very classy indeed.

Nightscrabbler
08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Oh! I was worried Larry Cullen was Peter's son/nephew/grandson, killed in action! That would have been terrible.

I mean yeah, it's still sad that his father passed, but not nearly *as* sad.

I agree that the tribute was very classy indeed.

Larry Cullen is Peter's brother.

Perceptor
08-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I thought Episode 21 should have come out last Saturday? Can't find it on youtube. Or is it coming out tomorrow... or are they done until the fall?

razin
08-05-2011, 10:23 PM
There was no episode last week.

Next episode....

"Season 1, Episode 21: Divide and Conquer (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1953827/)Original Air Date—6 August 2011"

Autovolt 127
08-06-2011, 10:30 AM
One of the best written episodes of Transformers: Prime.

I really think it's interesting how Megatron actually said Starscream was actually important to the Decepticons.

I think episode has been real great development for Arcee. I hope she doesn't die.

razin
08-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Looks like it didnt air again......not sure why.

But, when it does, it will feature 3 of the constructicons and Dreadwing :)