PDA

View Full Version : Vangelus Review 128 – TFcon 2011 Headrobots Stronghold (With customizing tips)

Vangelus
07-18-2011, 01:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mdMwMDMT6A

http://vangelus.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/tfcon2011-stronghold-comiccover01.jpg

brr-icy
07-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Damn silver really makes the figure stand out more

Mumps
07-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Awesome review. I am now in the middle of painting up my Onslaught to prepare for his upgrade :D

bedtime
07-18-2011, 09:53 AM

yep... i thought taking the olive off would be enough for me but i guess i'm going to have to go find some of htat silver paint too.

Big Filipino
07-18-2011, 10:12 AM

Agreed.

Benzo
07-18-2011, 11:08 AM
where would someone go and find this tamiya chrome silver?

Mumps
07-18-2011, 12:40 PM
where would someone go and find this tamiya chrome silver?
Any hobby shop should carry it. Maybe Michaels might have it? maybe..

Benzo
07-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Any hobby shop should carry it. Maybe Michaels might have it? maybe..

they didn't :(

GMfan
07-18-2011, 02:05 PM
If Tamiya paints are difficult to find Testors may be a little easier. I'd go with either aluminum, steel, or silver. All would look great to cover the panels and olive.

jourdo
07-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Awesome little review. I appreciate the painting suggestions, as it really changes the look of things. I really am looking forward to this set. I'm curious how he would look with some more black to him. It is tempting to give it a try, but without the head and stickers in hand I am hesitant to try it out.

UltraMarknus
07-18-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm really warming up to this. I might go ahead and get the exclusive afterall.

chans formers
07-18-2011, 08:06 PM
lmao!!!!!! you said "butt flap":rofl:

out of all the reviewers out there,i like you and n/p's the best.

vangelous= funny and comical

n/p= blunt and straight to the point

very cool and informative review vangelous:canada:

(though i found on the idw comic face version for hardhead,the light does shine through faintly in the visor,odd because it's purple,red led and blue visor syndrome:()

UltraMarknus
07-18-2011, 08:51 PM
(though i found on the idw comic face version for hardhead,the light does shine through faintly in the visor)

Ditto on the G1 toy style visor head.

hardreturn
07-18-2011, 10:53 PM
i may look at painting the ab section and shield, but i think i prefer the paint stripped look on the rest. maybe i'll paint the rivets silver.

thanks for the review dude!

Nullray
07-18-2011, 11:32 PM
If you can't find Tamiya paint at your local RC hobby store then try the Gunbolt Metal from Citadel. Your local Games Workshop will carry them. With all the different paints ya might come up with an amazing unique paint scheme.

Cliffjumper69
07-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Well I know what Im doing at my table all day at TFcon :D

chans formers
07-19-2011, 08:31 PM
If you can't find Tamiya paint at your local RC hobby store then try the Gunbolt Metal from Citadel. Your local Games Workshop will carry them. With all the different paints ya might come up with an amazing unique paint scheme.
^just remember to be careful about the paint if it's from a r/c place.reason being is that the tamiya paint most r/c places carry is specifically formulated for "gel-core" r/c car bodies,and won't stick to or dry on tf plastic.that stuff is made to be painted from the inside out of r/c body shells and pretty much never dries unless the paint is only microns thick.
just make sure to ask a worker there to verify that it's not actually tamiya paint for "gel-core".
there's a difference,i learned it the hard way:(

Mumps
07-19-2011, 08:54 PM
^just remember to be careful about the paint if it's from a r/c place.reason being is that the tamiya paint most r/c places carry is specifically formulated for "gel-core" r/c car bodies,and won't stick to or dry on tf plastic.that stuff is made to be painted from the inside out of r/c body shells and pretty much never dries unless the paint is only microns thick.
just make sure to ask a worker there to verify that it's not actually tamiya paint for "gel-core".
there's a difference,i learned it the hard way:(
Really? Well... I am glad that the stuff that PM Hobby-Craft carries isn't the bad stuff. It seems to be drying very nicely.

Benzo
07-19-2011, 09:34 PM
good to know! thanks!

Robimus
07-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Looks completely awesome!