PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for sightings forums

y2jversion1
08-10-2007, 02:09 PM
With regards to the recent increase in scalping resulting in store stocks being cleaned out before majority of the members can get access, I was wondering if some sort of security setting can be implemented in the sightings sections

Perhaps you can change the security settings on the sightings forums - like you have to be a member to view and perhaps you have to have a certain number of posts or referrals to view that section..

I know that a few of the bodybuilding forums I frequent have that in certain sections of their forums where they have to PM the admin/moderator to be granted access to a certain section of the site.

Since even non-registered lurkers have visibility to everything we post, as of late the sightings forum has become more of a tool for scalpers than members.

Just a suggestion that I think would help us...

Super_Megatron
08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
The sighting forum is already set to be viewable to registered users only.
Thanks.

Robimus
08-11-2007, 03:34 AM
Maybe if you see something super rare post it up that you'll PM other members as to its location on request. That way you can pick and choose who knows what. Give this whole scalping thing a couple months and it will die down. So many of these people who bought the 08BB to sell them on ebay are going to end up stuck with them. I still think these 08BB are going to be around, maybe even repacked in a future wave.