PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Ferrari 458 Italia Is…

Super_Megatron
06-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Ferrari 458 Italia Is… (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-dark-of-the-moon-ferrari-458-italia-is-172358/)

Category: Transformers Movie (Just Movie)

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

razin
06-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Seriously? WTF, this has to be a joke........

Nemesis Predaking
06-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I smell the Devsator/Brawl thing all over again.
Then again, I really don't care wtf they call him, as long as he does not sound & act like a certain Plumber.

jackwacko
06-03-2011, 04:32 PM
I have a feeling they might not even have their names said in the movie... who cares, Movie Mirage he is, to me.

Sun Swipe Prime
06-03-2011, 05:42 PM
maybe it's D.I.N.O. Short for Devestatingly Idioticly Named Orgasm-Machine.

I sure hope that report is wrong.

Scrapper6
06-03-2011, 11:28 PM
My belief on the subject is simple, if a car company wants any control over the name and appearance of the character in your film about your copywrighted and trademarked characters which have existed for the past 30 years + you simply do not use that car company.

Volkswagen refused to allow their product in the film at all and nobody seems to care anymore that Bumblebee isn't a VW Bug, we learned to adapt and accept this change as a fundamental part of Transformers lore. Why? Because he was still Bumblebee, just with a different appearance, let's face it the character of Bumblebee hadn't been seen since G2 ended, bringing him back in any way, shape or form worked great. (Plus we had the Classics Bee show up in a similar car to the VW bug and that appeased us slightly as well.)

However, with this case, I for one feel that if Hasbro, Micheal Bay and company were being browbeated by Ferrari than they should have said 'fine, take your ball and go home, we don't need your money.' After all, from what little I understand, having not been privy to all the facts, it was Ferrari themselves who approached the production company to get a big of publicity, was it not? They made these 'supposed-demands' of being given the chance to name their character/car because they had issues due to the rights of Mattel.

If it is true, Dino, is just a stupid name for a Transformer because, there is another animated character with that name who has been more iconic and well-known by millions of people around the world for a considerably longer length of time.

There is even a song about this character, Dino the Dinosaur as sung by Fred Flinstone in one of the Christmas Specials. Therefore it is an utterly ridiculous and impractical decision, also, would the name Dino not be trademarked to Hanna Barbera? And Warner Brothers. I'm not sure if it's possible to trademark such a name, but if it were I would have to assume that it belongs to those two companies.

Thus I question the veracity of this information, I question the fact that Hasbro and company were completely foolish to even allow such a thing, and if it was simply due to the fact that Ferrari was throwing a lot of grease there way, well they should have realized what a defensive and surly bunch of people live in the Transformers Fan Community. We're the group, that most outsiders lump with the one or two guys sending death threats to Bob Skir and Marty Isenberg because of the direction Beast Machines took.

And I am sure there are others out there who have done equally foolish things. Why open up that can of worms, even if this is one of the infamous Disinformation Campaigns similar to the previous two films.

I've said my piece, whatever his name may in fact be I shall stick to using a name that actually has some meaning in the Transformers Franchise for this character, mostly because I can't take Dino the Autobot seriously at all. I get that he was Enzo's son, the founder of Ferrari and all that, but it just doesn't fit. I can forgive Alan and Randy because they are Takara characters and translations sometimes miss out on the Japanese brand of humor that certain names are meant to convey when taken from one language to the next. But there should be no American based character given a name so... laughably absurd.

I hardly think the viewing public will be able to take this character seriously either no matter how much of a bad-a$$ he turns out to be. Calling a Transformer Bumblebee or Ratchet or even Jazz makes sense, because they've been established and in reality no human being before the popularity of the characters ever used names like that before. But calling an Autobot Dino is just begging for trouble from the basest, lowest denomination of our fan base, and the rest of us less scary fans aren't too thrilled about it either.

Alexander Quinn
06-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Maybe we'll get a Decepticon named Bob as well. This is just stupid news. At this point, I'd have prefer 'Rush'. At least that sounds like a TF name.