PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 15: Shadowzone

Dragon Knight
05-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijiLhQ9Wjug&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oqJQk8ARZ4&feature=channel_video_title

Pretty okay episode over all, Starscream can't seem to catch a break in this one. A bit dissapointed that we didn't get a Shattered Glass episode.

Also...the Prime Miko was drawing at the beginning of the episode?
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4444/screenshot20110514at111.png

Is it just me, or does it look like Animated Prime?

razin
05-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Decent episode. A little lighter this time after a few darker episodes. I got a chuckle outta Skyquake trying to fit Starscreams arm on his stump. Seems like the two of them belong with the Knights who say "nee" with all their limbs getting knocked off.

shockwing
05-14-2011, 11:58 PM
loved the episode, again like always, Miko f*cks up again

Autovolt 127
05-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Skyquake sucks, Any episode with him dissapoints me.

Starscream getting his arm amputated was hilarious, I wonder if Starscream will actually get the null ray attachment in the next episode. prehaps that's why their's a month-long break.

Onslaught
05-15-2011, 03:16 PM
It's too bad that Skyquake was just a zombie and not at least somewhat like his original self (or at least able to talk). Also, why would the Autobots just leave Skyquake's body where he was felled? What if humans discovered it, or if the Decepticons retrieved it? Weird.

Dragon Knight
05-15-2011, 03:59 PM
It's too bad that Skyquake was just a zombie and not at least somewhat like his original self (or at least able to talk). Also, why would the Autobots just leave Skyquake's body where he was felled? What if humans discovered it, or if the Decepticons retrieved it? Weird.

Well, Skyquake is trapped in the shadow dimension so they probably thought they didn't need to take care of it...but yeah I can see it coming back to bite them in the ass later.

Onslaught
05-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Well, Skyquake is trapped in the shadow dimension so they probably thought they didn't need to take care of it...but yeah I can see it coming back to bite them in the ass later.

By the way I was talking about when they first defeated him. He seemed to just be buried under some rocks when Starscream found him.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
05-15-2011, 06:09 PM
All right, so now we've got regular Skyquake, a Zombie Skyquake repaint, and a Japan-exclusive clear plastic "Ghost Skyquake". Not bad for a guy who was only in two episodes.

razin
05-15-2011, 08:28 PM
All right, so now we've got regular Skyquake, a Zombie Skyquake repaint, and a Japan-exclusive clear plastic "Ghost Skyquake". Not bad for a guy who was only in two episodes.

I just hope we at least get his regular mode toy. Hopefully all characters get a toy.

jackwacko
05-16-2011, 07:08 AM
I don't get why there's so much hate on Miko. Yes she did cause trouble, but she's kinda like a plot device to get the episode moving. Honestly, Jack isn't very appealing, and Raf speaks technobabble.

Dark Energon=TF:P's MacGuffin.

joshimus
05-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Gotta say I really disliked Starscream at the beginning but he's proving to be more interesting than I had expected. Originally while I still hate his design I plan on buying his toy now because I dig his character.
I like Generic Jack but he needs to stand out more. Miko and Raf annoy me as does BB's stupid beeping sound.

Iacon
05-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Transformers: Prime Episode 15- "Shadowzone"

... hurrrmmm... alright, I've been a pretty devoted cheerleader for this show up to now, but this ep really ticked me off. I mean, kee-ripes-- talk about a bait n' switch! The episode started off so promising- Starscream posing a *credible* threat to Megatron, Dark Energon *finally* getting some more explanation, *Skyquake*- and then-- bam! ~20 min. of watching the kids literally run in circles!! Gah!

Seriously, if I wanted to watch some crappy rip-off of the ol' malfunctioning transporter gag, I'd force myself to sit through some old Star Trek episodes (for the record-- never had any patience for spaceships that don't have robot modes). I mean, I guess it's kinda cool to find out that the ground bridge seems to be acting through some manner of subspace or interspace dimension... sort've... but I'd really much rather have seen Screamer and 'Quake smacking Megatron around for half an hour. Plus this does lend some more credence to Mr. Saurus' observation that the TF:P writers are borrowing fairly heavily from TF:A-- the in and outs of space bridge malfunction were covered pretty dang thoroughly at the end of TF:A S2.

Bit of a pyrrhic victory to see Skyquake again, seeing as how he's now just a mindless zombie stuck in the shadowzone. I was really hoping that when Screamer started going on about "symbiosis", 'Quake would end up sharing a spark with him, or at least undergo a full Dark-Energon-induced recovery like Megatron last ep-- *anything* to restore his personality and snazzy colour scheme. Trotting out his zombie form just to recoup the losses on his animation model just straight-up blows...

I *do* like the on-going interplay between Screamer and Knock Out, two sides of the same foppish coin. The scenes in the medical bay were almost funny enough to justify the overall episode shift from serious-plot-developer to campy-gag-fest. And, of course, the mention of the null ray was much appreciated (I wonder if KO recommends it because he seems to use a "Null Trident" of sorts)-- I was totally expecting Screamer to end up with that null ray arm in the end. If nothing else, it'd enable Hasbro to sell us the obligatory "Null Ray Starscream" retool of the toy...

I also like the generally nonchalant way Screamer play down losing an arm. It emphasizes the fact that Cybertronians are essentially modular creatures. Kind've like Powerglide losing his head in "Desertion of the Dinobots" or Megatron's hand rotting off in "Cosmic Rust"-- I'm sure it's still a little painful for them when stuff like this happens, but it's not even in the same ballpark as the physical/emotional pain of human dismemberment...

So anybody care to guess why Dark Energon didn't seem to work for Starscream like it does Megatron? Is Megatron somehow more compatible with Unicron's "blood", or was Screamer just overestimating the magnitude of the power boost he thought he'd get?

J

Goji_tron
05-22-2011, 10:20 PM
I wonder why Transformers Prime keeps delaying their episodes often? Because the next episode will be airing next month. Is that supposed to be part of a marketing strategy or something?

Perceptor
05-22-2011, 11:14 PM
I was looking for Episode 16 yesterday and today but couldn't find it... so it's delayed? to when? Thanks.

razin
05-22-2011, 11:25 PM
I was looking for Episode 16 yesterday and today but couldn't find it... so it's delayed? to when? Thanks.

Not so much delayed, just a break, planned.

Next episode is 18 June 2011 Season 1, Episode 16: Operation: Breakdown (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1915480/)