PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 13 - Sick Mind

razin
04-29-2011, 09:45 PM
This isnt on til tomorrow but seems youtube user FTransformers has on Demand access so here it is

pt 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCFV62Bzh9k
pt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udXY96wvbFs

Pretty good episode, with a "to be cont'd"

Megs is back in this one, sorta!

shockwing
04-29-2011, 10:23 PM
it was not action packed but had tension hoping for Megatron to return

Dragon Knight
04-29-2011, 10:34 PM
You got to see a lot of good animate facial expression in this episode.

Some what ifs I thought of:

Had Starscream not discover the psychic cable would he have really pulled the plug?

Also, if Ratchet were out of commission, or didn't scan the formula...what kind of a deal would he have made with Megatron? And would Bee have fallen through on it?

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
04-30-2011, 12:05 AM
Bumblebee's lack of a voice got really annoying in this one.

They could've gotten around it so easily, too. Why should Bumblebee's mental projection have the same disability as his physical body? Pretty good episode apart from that, though.

UltraPrimal
04-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Bumblebee's lack of a voice got really annoying in this one.

They could've gotten around it so easily, too. Why should Bumblebee's mental projection have the same disability as his physical body? Pretty good episode apart from that, though.
For 1 thing, budget. They would have had to hire a voice actor to play Bumblebee for those few minutes he was in Megatrons mind. Second, that would have spoiled it if/when Bumblebee does get his voice back. And third, Bumblebee probably didn't think of it. He was probably so used to speaking in beeps and boops that it didn't occur to him that his psychic self could speak normally. Think of Neo in the Matrix. At first he's still bound by the laws of reality that he's accustomed to. But by the end of the first movie/beginning of the second, he's stopping bullets in mid air, flying around like Superman, throwing super punches, etc.

If anything I found Soundwaves mutism more frustrating. I kept wondering, "OK, how's he gonna tell Starscream, 'No! Don't disconnect Megatron or I'm gonna beat your ass!' without any sort of voice clip to play back at him?". But he still pulled it off with that ever so subtle extending pointing finger of his.

Personally I really enjoyed this episode. Especially all the fan service bits. "One shall stand. One shall fall." "Do I still function?!" hehe, Great!

Also how the hell did Raf know that Kaon was the Decepticon capital on Cybertron? Do the Autobots have some sort of Encyclopedia of Cybertronia there that he's been reading? Well, Ratchet did mention in a previous episode that it wouldn't hurt if the kids learned a bit about Cybertron. So maybe they do?

Dragon Knight
04-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Also how the hell did Raf know that Kaon was the Decepticon capital on Cybertron? Do the Autobots have some sort of Encyclopedia of Cybertronia there that he's been reading? Well, Ratchet did mention in a previous episode that it wouldn't hurt if the kids learned a bit about Cybertron. So maybe they do?

Well considering how long they've been with the Autobots, I imagine they would've eventually told the kids some things about their planet...like their capital cities, and places of importance and what not.

jacobot
04-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Good stuff.... little human interference :)
Does that mean thay can cure the bots in the ship.. Who are they?

Dragon Knight
04-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Good stuff.... little human interference :)
Does that mean thay can cure the bots in the ship.. Who are they?
Nope, those dudes seem to be long dead.

One of the bots sorta looked like Perceptor

zerocustom
04-30-2011, 11:27 AM
"Do I still function?!"
I thought that was the best line in the entire episode.

Dragon Knight
04-30-2011, 12:59 PM
You know, I actually liked Bee's Beeping this episode. Specfically the one he does when Megatron's first attack fails.

Perceptor
04-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Well considering how long they've been with the Autobots, I imagine they would've eventually told the kids some things about their planet...like their capital cities, and places of importance and what not.

I think Bumblebee was telling Raf with his "beeps/boops" just before Raf spoke. Bee must have recognized that city.

This episode reminds me of the movie "Inception"... or shall I say "extraction"? Cool to see those concepts here...

brr-icy
04-30-2011, 01:30 PM
decent episode, but now what's going to happen with bee? guess we'll see next week

fernbern0131
04-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Best episode yet. The ending is kind of reminiscent of "Starscream's Ghost" from the original series. It will be interesting to see how this story line plays out. This plot line could be developed into an entire season plot/subplot. Of course, the show is rated TV7 so it's not really geared toward a 40-ish guy like me. LOL

Perceptor
05-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Best episode yet. The ending is kind of reminiscent of "Starscream's Ghost" from the original series. It will be interesting to see how this story line plays out. This plot line could be developed into an entire season plot/subplot. Of course, the show is rated TV7 so it's not really geared toward a 40-ish guy like me. LOL

I love the show and I'll be joining the 40's club in no time... Truth is sometime in the next 5-10 years a big portion of us on the board will be over 40! lolz ;)

Goji_tron
05-02-2011, 06:16 PM
The episode was good. However, I wonder why Transformers Prime episodes always keep delaying in being broadcasted? Is it to make up for the fact that they played their Darkness Rising mini-series saga for one week and that they have 26 episodes in total? Or is it part of Hasbro's or Hub's marketting strategy?

Jawz. D
05-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Awesome episode! I do like the subtle sub text of euthanasia. I can't wait for the next one. ^_^

Hound
05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Finally got around to watching this episode. Great tension! Can't wait for the next one!

I also wondered about those other autobots. I'm almost positive that Ratchet said that they weren't dead.

Masta_Skidz
05-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Ok now Megs mind is in Bee's body this could be realy bad for the Bumble. I hope he doe not go nutz.

Goji_tron
05-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Ok now Megs mind is in Bee's body this could be realy bad for the Bumble. I hope he doe not go nutz.

Or go blind.