PDA

View Full Version : MP 10 Convoy Version 2 New Details

Super_Megatron
04-26-2011, 04:21 AM
MP 10 Convoy Version 2 New Details (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/mp-10-convoy-version-2-new-details-171999/)

Category: Japanese Transformers

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

SanMiguel
04-26-2011, 07:42 AM
this is like a black eye to those who bought the MP01 "Last"....

Malwave
04-26-2011, 08:06 AM
really Takara? :doh:

crimbot
04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
:(

chovner
04-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Bahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha..... aaaaahahahahahahahahaha.

Not 1 bit of interest in this thing for purchase now.... OH SHIT NOW WITH A FIGURE TO SIT IN THE CAB!!!! HO BOY!!!!

Grimlock4Prime
04-26-2011, 08:43 AM
A Human Alliance G1 Prime? I'm out. See you guys next year for the 2012 Masterpiece (hopefully).

razin
04-26-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't yet have a MP Prime, so to me this interesting BUT not at this price tag. Something possibly around the size of an HA figure but cost more then a full size MP figure.....ummm. no.

I'll wait to see actual pics of it before passing too much judgement but I just can't see me paying $250+shipping for this.

Mumps
04-26-2011, 09:42 AM
This is going to have to be REALLY awesome in order for me to buy. I mean, a perfect toy. Cause we all know that the current MP Prime kinda looks weird in truck mode. That will have to be fixed...

Argh... who am I kidding? I'll probably cave in and buy it...

But seriously... why do we need another Prime? The first one was awesome, and I already have 3 versions of that. It's not like the Japanese don't have other iconic Autobot leaders. What about Ginrai (yeah, another Prime, but different!) and Star Saber!

SPECULATION TIME!

Maybe the Human Driver is Ginrai? That would make sense. Esp at this price tag.

Prowl_2009
04-26-2011, 09:43 AM
A Human Alliance G1 Prime? I'm out. See you guys next year for the 2012 Masterpiece (hopefully).

Here, Here! This one just sounds more and more disappointing with each passing day IMO. :(

Dark Rage
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
At least with this mold, they probably factored in an Ultra Magnus armour ability, something to make me and GMFan happy or more optimistic!

Pascal
04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
G1 Convoy 2.0 or G1 God Ginrai, I want it!!

Pascal
04-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Bahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha..... aaaaahahahahahahahahaha.

Not 1 bit of interest in this thing for purchase now.... OH SHIT NOW WITH A FIGURE TO SIT IN THE CAB!!!! HO BOY!!!!

Meaning the new truck will be realistic and not the POS we got with MP Convoy.

Hobbyist Prime
04-26-2011, 10:18 AM
EPIIIIIIIIIIIIC FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

FreedomGundam
04-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm not sure if I'm interested just quite yet. I'll have to see pics.

I was hoping for a Powermaster/Ginrai, or Galaxy Convoy (pretty much my favorite Convoy).

Just out of curiosity, why does MP Prime's truck mode bother people so much? His robot mode is like 99% perfect, and it's not like they could make truck panels magically disappear to accomodate for that... and besides, most of us keep him in robot mode anyways 99% of the time...

Pascal
04-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Truck mode should have a detailed interior, doors that can open, etc. Like any BT or Alternity figure.

chovner
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Truck mode should have a detailed interior, doors that can open, etc. Like any BT or Alternity figure.

But wouldn't you want a NEW character? How many MP Primes are there already?
20th Anniversary
20th Anniversary DVD Edition
MP-01
MP Sleep
MP Magnus
MP Black Nemesis
MP with Trailer
MP Last Shot
MP Maxi Pad now with Wings and Pearl string technology
Don't think that's enough MP prime yet? I can understand if they want to fix the cab mode a little, but not after just releasing a "Last" MP Prime with MP Last Shot... Let Prime breathe for a year or so, bring out some other characters everyone very obviously and vocally want.

UltraPrimal
04-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh man! That would be sick! MP Prime with Alternity engineering. Though a MP God Ginrai would be even better. Hopefully this new Prime mold will be the basis for a future Ultra Magnus and God Ginrai remolds.

I like the idea of him coming with a little human figure, hopefully Spike. I liked that about MP Starscream, and it harkens back to the Diaclone days as well.

Pascal
04-26-2011, 11:50 AM
But wouldn't you want a NEW character?

Other than Galvatron, no, because I mostly collect Primes and Megatrons.

Pascal
04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Oh man! That would be sick! MP Prime with Alternity engineering.

If it's G1 Convoy 2.0, I'm totally expecting THS-01 Convoy done bigger and right. That little Convoy was awesome and can still be improved.

jjwankenobi
04-26-2011, 11:53 AM
MP Maxi Pad now with Wings and Pearl string technology

:rofl:Spat up my coffee after reading that...well played!!!

I personally can't wait to see what this will look like. No interest in buying it though.

nervousviper
04-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Need to see some prototype before I pass my judgement if I want it or not.

zerocustom
04-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Meaning the new truck will be realistic and not the POS we got with MP Convoy.

I don't get all the hate the first MP prime gets sure he`s not perfect but he was made in 2003 right give him some slack:D also i really want to see some actual pictures of this new mold, if it is a new prime i`ll probably buy it like you Pascal I collect mostly primes and megatrons.

MeisterJ4zz
04-26-2011, 12:53 PM
This is probably their response to iGear's downsized masterpiece of Optimus Prime. Come on, I want Galvatron!

Malwave
04-26-2011, 12:54 PM
In all honesty, if Takara pulls out a "God Ginrai" version of this mold or something, then perhaps I won't be so harsh on this...but as I see it, I can just see this becoming a more anime "accurate" Ultra Magnus and Nemesis Prime (ironic huh)

chovner
04-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Other than Galvatron, no, because I mostly collect Primes and Megatrons.
OH Ok then, that makes perfect sense for you to be excited... If you're a person that only buys Primes, then a new $250 Prime is a good thing. For everyone else that collects more than just a couple specific characters though, this sucks... I love the MP line, so I'd like as many different mold of old G1 MP Transformers as possible.. The only double of a mold I have is MP Starscream and Skywarp, and only because my Starscream has cracked wing hinges, and I was able to find a very cheap MP Skywarp locally.

CobraCommander
04-26-2011, 01:05 PM
At least with this mold, they probably factored in an Ultra Magnus armour ability, something to make me and GMFan happy or more optimistic!

Watch them just repaint it white without the Magnus armor :p

GMfan
04-26-2011, 01:18 PM

....yes...ha-ppy...

(I'm gonna miss my money...)

Watch them just repaint it white without the Magnus armor :p

...I'd still have to get it then...

cannabisprime
04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Here's to hoping this will be MP Ginrai... or even <gulp> God Ginrai :D

Yeah, I don't get the hate about MP Prime's truck mode either; I think the tradeoff of a lack of interior detail to having him being able to open his chest (to reveal the matrix in bot mode) was well worth it.

Quantum
04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I understand people being choked that it's another Prime, but I'm pretty excited to learn more. The only MP I have is Grimlock to go with my Classics. If MP 10 is a Classics scaled, uber anime accurate Prime with modern engineering, trailer, Roller and Spike or Sparkplug, I'm all in! I'll then retire my Henkei Convoy and G3 trailer.

I'm especially excited about the Magnus w/ armour potential.

Autobotz24
04-26-2011, 03:26 PM
http://www.gamingsurvival.com/dev/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Transformers-1.jpg

Ultra Maverick
04-26-2011, 04:43 PM
I personally can't wait to see what this will look like. No interest in buying it though.

My thoughts exactly, I don't need another MP Prime, the first one I thought was pretty spectacular.
If down the road we see and Ultra Magnus come from this, or even a powermaster Prime then I'll hope on board, otherwise I'm going to hold off

joshimus
04-26-2011, 05:03 PM
While disappointed we aren't getting a different figure, I am still curious to see how this one looks.

wervenom
04-26-2011, 05:55 PM

Maybe but then if they did this and then did MP-11 as Ultra Magnus with Armour then 2 questions.
1) Would you buy an Ultra Magnus with his armor at that price?
2) What the h e doulble hockey sticks do we do with our MP-02's?
And based on that, if this new mold is smaller then do they make a smaller Megatron and call him MP-12 or turn him into a tank this time. I can't have a 9" Prime with a 12" Megatron, even though he is teh future ruler of the universe:bow:;)

Darth Cylon
04-26-2011, 06:09 PM
This got me thinking. If Takara is making MP Convoy/Prime ver 2.0, maybe – Just maybe – there will be MP Megatron 2.0? What if the gun mode is actually going to be an exact 1:1 scale to a real Walther P38, comes with silencer and shock, and working laser target in the fusion cannon/scope.
What if in robot mode Megatron 2.0 has better articulation, bigger legs,..

wervenom
04-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Stlii couldn't do it. Then I would have to buy them and sell MP-04,02 & 05. I don't wanna go thru that again

Dark Rage
04-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Maybe but then if they did this and then did MP-11 as Ultra Magnus with Armour then 2 questions.
1) Would you buy an Ultra Magnus with his armor at that price?
2) What the h e doulble hockey sticks do we do with our MP-02's?
And based on that, if this new mold is smaller then do they make a smaller Megatron and call him MP-12 or turn him into a tank this time. I can't have a 9" Prime with a 12" Megatron, even though he is teh future ruler of the universe:bow:;)

1. I know I will be able to find the MP-11 at a cheaper price than BBTS's, since they usually overprice TFs.
2. You can enjoy a large MP02, I know I will still like that figure and the mold. Feel free to sell yours then.

wervenom
04-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Nope can't sell them. I like them just the way they are. I can't justify buying another, smaller and for more money. MP-10 is going to have to be a pass for me. I think he is accurate enough for me (Prime)

Lysist
04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Cut Takara some slack. I really doubt that this is going to be a re-hash of G1 Prime. Prime 2.0 is Powermaster/Ginrai. Well it was the next prime after Rodimus, it is fairly logical that they would stick to the order of leaders now. After the quad(ish)changer Rodimus we know that the tech is there so this could be something really amazing.

wervenom
04-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Powermaster Prime would be an interesting concept I will admit. I guess we are still just going to have to play the waiting game, although I would rather have a 3 pack of coneheads since I missed the iGear pre-order train. One can hope!

kranix
04-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Wow a $250 Prime that's smaller than the MP01... and here I had got my hopes up for a properly shaped, G1 alt mode Galvatron :(