PDA

View Full Version : HFTD - Banzaitron the pits

Nullray
04-23-2011, 06:49 PM
I was in TRU today and found that Voyager Bonzaitron was on sale. I picked it up along with a couple PCCs. I got him home took him out of the package and got to changing him to tank mode. To my dismay he has two same arm/shulder pivot sockets. While in bot mode it is ok but one in tank mode the tabs don't line up on one side. Has anyone else had this issue. I have never had to return an opened toy. I guess I have to take him back.

Onslaught
04-23-2011, 07:17 PM
I got Banzaitron and he is an awesome figure. I did have to get him twice however, as the first time he was plagued with loose pins. As for the problem you're having, it is a little tricky to line him up just right so that everything stays in place in tank mode, but it does work. It's possible that yours has a problem, but if you fidget with it a bit you may be able to get him to stay together well. If not, you could return him, but I would suggest getting another because he's a really cool figure.

Nullray
04-26-2011, 07:57 PM
I exchanged him yestarday and broke down and picked up the last Blurr they had. He is very cool now that he transforms properly. I am totally digging him

pandaprime
04-26-2011, 09:11 PM
i agree, i exchanged my misb one for a strafe

DiscernerKodo
06-19-2011, 08:36 PM
I didn't have the same problem with mine___when I got him out of his plastic packaging, the shins came right off the knees and stayed in the package!! (Samurai Cripple!!)
While I've successfully pegged in the right leg, the left is prone to fall off often and has difficulties when rotating it in the green thigh piece.

Stapler
06-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't have any problems with mine. But I do have one big problem with the toy as a whole: The fact that he's warming shelves. Seriously, this toy is great! Everyone and their mother should have one.

Plainsjumper
06-19-2011, 10:19 PM
It's a very nice figure--I have one myself. The machine gun on the turret is droopy on mine though.

The 12th Prime
06-19-2011, 10:51 PM
I can't deal with his man boobies! It weirds me out!

Metroplex79
06-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I can't deal with his man boobies! It weirds me out!
They're not boobies, they're eyes!!!

His entire chest is another face. Those "boobs" are the eyes, the little vent in the middle is the nose, the grey smile, and the front flap armor is the giant chin-stashe.
:D:rofl:

PS, the green paint above his "boobs" can be eye lashes or eye brows or eye liner. :p

Detective Barricade
06-21-2011, 11:02 PM
I don't have any problems with mine. But I do have one big problem with the toy as a whole: The fact that he's warming shelves. Seriously, this toy is great! Everyone and their mother should have one.
I'll stick with Bludgeon, thank you.:p

Nomad
07-04-2011, 02:35 PM
... more like Boobzaitron?

/bad joke

skrilla 88
07-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Just opened my Banzaitron and noticed that he has to left feet. because of that he heel spur points straight down (like in alt mode) and I can't get it past the slab of plastic. :( Other than that, he is a great figure.

Nullray
07-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I bought him because I want to make a combiner from him. A samurai motif.
I have a Drift possible Blur as appendages. Got a few PCC for feet. Want a seeker for torso. undecided as off yet but narrowing it down. Tomahawk heli for an arm...

Big Filipino
07-21-2011, 05:32 PM
I bought him because I want to make a combiner from him. A samurai motif.
I have a Drift possible Blur as appendages. Got a few PCC for feet. Want a seeker for torso. undecided as off yet but narrowing it down. Tomahawk heli for an arm...
I want to see this custom. It sounds siiiiiiiiiick! Could a RTS G2 prime fit into the motif given the sword and pose ability?

Nullray
07-21-2011, 07:22 PM
It is still in its concept phase. I have picked cyclonus for the front torso. Prowl is gonna be in there as well. Gonna have to see if the G2 Prime fits in.
Thanks foe the idea BF. I started a thread in the custom builds section. I will post some pics there

RNSrobot
07-21-2011, 08:12 PM
I've had no issues with the Bludgeon version of the mold. Which is an awesome, awesome mold and one of my recent favorites.

Big Filipino
07-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Oh and here's another thought: what about the Animated Samurai Prowl? Perhaps a head swap would make him more compatible with the other figs you have planned.

Nullray
07-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Oh and here's another thought: what about the Animated Samurai Prowl? Perhaps a head swap would make him more compatible with the other figs you have planned.

The premise of Samurai Prowl appeals to me and fits with the motif most definitely. Paint apps and mold must be likewise for overall class but the idea of a hybrid is most intrigueing. Manga power arm.