PDA

View Full Version : New Images And Information Of Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime

Super_Megatron
04-21-2011, 02:00 PM
New Images And Information Of Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/new-images-and-information-of-transformers-dark-of-the-moon-ultimate-optimus-prime-171961/)

Category: Transformers Movie Toys & Products

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

CBII
04-21-2011, 02:28 PM
interesting

Ultra Maverick
04-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Well the core Bot-mode is less than appealing..... but who am I kidding, I'm going to pick this up as soon as I see this figure... I love me some add-on armour!

Vakamadisk
04-21-2011, 03:06 PM
This is starting to warm up to me. However, there's something off about the vehicle mode. To me, it's a toy that looks too much like . . . well, a toy! Semi is fine, despite the visible hinges on the grill, but the trailer--when compared with the picture on the box--could use some work in the reality department. Its wheels look really weird on those flat panels. Ehh . . . but I guess reality had to be sacrificed for its mechsuit gimmick.

Hobbyist Prime
04-21-2011, 03:38 PM
I can't wait to see Peaugh do a review! what little was shown in the toyfair video's looks HUGE.

UltraMarknus
04-21-2011, 03:45 PM
It is so yucky. But I'll probably friggin buy it...uuugghhh...then sell it a year and a half later. *Looks at ROTF Leader Jetfire tracking number*...yup.

Alexander Quinn
04-23-2011, 03:10 PM
I like it. The core figure is...different, especially with those arms, but not totally in a bad way. While I love that ROTF Prime was so amazing, I'm less than thrilled that it takes me 12 minutes to transform it either way. This guy looks less mind-blowingly complex, but that'll only be okay if he's a decent size. Really want to see some size comparisons now to help me lock down how I feel overall. That and a price tag, cause that'll be the Ultimate deciding factor. ;)

joshimus
04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I'll buy it, mod it, paint it because it's a Prime (I have a lot of primes) but i'm not overly enthusiastic about it. I'll wait till it goes on sale first as in NOT retail price :)

Sideswipe
04-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Pass. ROFL Prime makes me happy.

I mean, ROTF... lol

ROFL, ROTF pretty close to the same thing....

bedtime
04-23-2011, 05:39 PM
gotta be just about the dumbest thing i've ever seen

Onslaught
04-23-2011, 07:40 PM
The figure doesn't look that great, and his head in general looks oddly small relative to the rest of his massive body, but it still doesn't look that bad. The robot minus the armour looks quite sleek, though the arms are a little unfortunate. With the armour he looks pretty cool, nothing amazing though. For the price though, I'm not going to make an effort to get him early. I'm pretty sure he'll go on sale at some point (or even clearance), and at that time it when I'll likely get it because it does look like a fun figure.

gagagalvatron
04-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I like the armor idea -- that interests me most. What concerns me is that the butterfly wings don't seem to have much in the way of joints or folds. This figure is going to eat up a ton of display space.

From a practicality standpoint, it's absurd:

"Optimus, we need you!"
"I, uh, can't fit through the door"
"Break it down!"
"I'm not even sure I can fit in the building"