PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 12 - Predatory Discussion

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
04-16-2011, 11:04 PM
The writers of this series really seem to like horror; it's rare that we get any horror-themed episodes in a Transformers series, and now we've had two in the first dozen episodes alone.

I'm not complaining, though, since they've both (this one and Scrapheap) been great.

Not sure why they didn't just call Airachnid "Blackarachnia," though. Maybe its because previous BAs have either been redeemed during the series (Beast Wars) or at least had the potential for redemption (Animated) so they changed the name to make it more obvious that this version was purely evil.

transforminator
04-16-2011, 11:19 PM
this was by far, the scariest transformers episode i have seen lol

apparently airachnid does have legs...who knew

the memory sequences were also pretty stunning but scary on their own right

overall great episode :)

Dragon Knight
04-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Not sure why they didn't just call Airachnid "Blackarachnia," though. Maybe its because previous BAs have either been redeemed during the series (Beast Wars) or at least had the potential for redemption (Animated) so they changed the name to make it more obvious that this version was purely evil.

I know, that's my only complaint too! It's a missed opportunity. You know, it really makes me wonder how the kids are responding, when they see episodes like these...I wonder if it gives them nightmares?

Lacimehc
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
I can see why they didn't name her Blackarachnia now. This character has a very different personality and is far more sinister. Arachnid appears to be pure evil unlike Blackarachnia.

jackwacko
04-17-2011, 12:27 AM
My name is actually Jack, and that part where she comes out upside down was damn scary .... Her character and robot mode looks very cool, but would have been cool to give her a full beast mode as well.

UltraPrimal
04-17-2011, 01:33 AM
I thought this episode was fantastic. My only complaint was that Airachnid never transformed. Well, she sort of did. She did switch from half-spider mode to robot mode, but that's basically just her extending her humanoid legs and retracting her spider legs. She also did sort of transform into a "drill mode" at the end. Which struck me as really weird, and gave me movie Scorponok flashbacks. But you know, she is called AIRachnid, and if you look at her back where all the legs come out, it looks like in the center that there's a thing similar to the thing on a helicopter that holds all the blades together. So I was waiting to whole episode to turn into a helicopter. Oh well, maybe the episode she's in.

I really, REALLY hope they make an Airachnid toy. As difficult as it would be to pull off, I think it would be a really awesome figure.

Vakamadisk
04-17-2011, 01:54 AM
I thought this episode was fantastic. My only complaint was that Airachnid never transformed. Well, she sort of did. She did switch from half-spider mode to robot mode, but that's basically just her extending her humanoid legs and retracting her spider legs. She also did sort of transform into a "drill mode" at the end. Which struck me as really weird, and gave me movie Scorponok flashbacks. But you know, she is called AIRachnid, and if you look at her back where all the legs come out, it looks like in the center that there's a thing similar to the thing on a helicopter that holds all the blades together. So I was waiting to whole episode to turn into a helicopter. Oh well, maybe the episode she's in.

I really, REALLY hope they make an Airachnid toy. As difficult as it would be to pull off, I think it would be a really awesome figure.

As I said in another topic: "To the Spidercopter!"
Airachnid would make for an awesome toy, provided it's made correctly.

I really enjoyed this episode. Spooky settings have always drawn in my attention, and this episode hit me in the right places. Bravo!

Perceptor
04-17-2011, 03:19 AM
Maybe it's just me... I thought Airachnid looked weird when she's walking on long spider legs, with her body hanging mid-air, arms out front, and some sort of elongated body that reminds me of like a fish ... evil robotic mermaid with huge long spider legs coming out from the back?? I guess that's a half transformed mode? Anyway, really enjoyed the epidsode though. This series is engaging... I like how the show is a bit "dark".

Darth Grimlock
04-17-2011, 05:14 AM
It seems that wherever she scanned her alt mode, they had half the body of a spider and half of a humanoid. I liked it myself, something different from the other spiderbots that we have had in the past. What I want to know is what is all the shinny plating on her arms????

Autovolt 127
04-17-2011, 08:02 AM
I will defend Airachnid now for two reasons.

1. she's her own charecter, Blackarachinda has good in her (IN BW she was initially a Maximal Protoform corrupted by Tarantulas but when she met Silverbolt, fell in love...blah, blah, she almost died trying to remove that aspect to be purely Maximal) and (In Animated was Elita-1, Autobot, left behind mutated by spiders, ashamed of who she was, joined the Cons, left, tried numerous expirements to remove it, she almost died to save Optimus and Sentinel when Waspinator blew up)

Airachnid is a cross between a Dexter bad guy serial killer and the Predator. Collects trophies. I mean the episode was called Predatory.

2. I love the daddy long legs gimmick, makes her scarier.

Also Poor Tailgate.

razin
04-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Exceptional episode, gave me chills. Nice to see we have 3 new characters that have not been exterminated in their debut episode. 'Cons are starting to build a real army, although AIRachnid is somewhat solo. Really hoping we see toys for all these new characters, especially Knockout and Breakdown.

King Benny
04-17-2011, 12:12 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. I was pleasantly surprised how creepy it was. Transformers Prime is definitely more mature in flavour and so far, I'm loving every minute of it!

bedtime
04-17-2011, 07:22 PM
i'll echo everything thats been said! i'm loving prime so much. i had SUCH doubts, but its really really putting those all the way to rest. i want every toy, now.

also, nice to see cliffjumper again! haha. i knew he wouldnt have any lines, but still, i'll be happy to see him pop up like that once in awhile.

Nullray
04-17-2011, 07:29 PM
I really enjoyed this episode as well. It is good to see the development of rivalries. We got to see some flashback back plot which I thought was very cool. So far I have enjoyed this TF-Prime run. It has an edge to it that is a pleasant change.

Prowl_2009
04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Great horror themed episode! Parts of it really reminded me of films like Predator and The Island of Dr. Moreau and really worked well for the episode.

Was really upset when Tailgate was taken out, was really hoping we would've gotten to see more of him in action. :(

Akroyer
04-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Good episode, nice to see more 'mature' episodes for lack of a better description. Not all for specifically kids so to speak.

Although, I am getting a little worn out with the spider theme. As much as I liked Black Arachnia and Tarantulas would be nice to see something different.

The series is coming along a lot better than when I first watched it. I had my doubts in the beginning. And the art style is coming along nicely. When in the beginning it all looked almost unfinished or lacking. And I'm liking the voice talent. It's coming along great for me, enjoying it.

Goji_tron
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM
The episode was good. Airachnid is a good character in show. Good character develolpment in this episode. Good to see Cliffjumper again in the flashback even though he has no lines.

However, there is some things I want to say:

1) Arcee, Bumblebee, and Cliffjumper are not looking like their WFC counterparts or cybertronian forms in the flashbacks for obvious budget reasons. Since this show is supposed to be connected to WFC, it might bring confusion to some Transformers fans with the bots depicted in the flashbacks not looking like their WFC appearances or at least cybertronian forms.

2) Is there any way to suggest ideas to the writers of Transformers Prime? I would like to suggest Star Saber along with my own fictional Transformers character to appear in the show.

3) I wonder if this show tops TFA or not.

I know that G1 cartoon, Beast Wars cartoon, and TFA are the best shows that at least a majority of fans like. I am sure that Transformers Prime is putting itself up along with the list of awesome Transformers shows mentioned above shown by some of the fans' reception to Transformers Prime on this website or Youtube comments.

GMfan
04-18-2011, 07:55 PM
1) Arcee, Bumblebee, and Cliffjumper are not looking like their WFC counterparts or cybertronian forms in the flashbacks for obvious budget reasons. Since this show is supposed to be connected to WFC, it might bring confusion to some Transformers fans with the bots depicted in the flashbacks not looking like their WFC appearances or at least cybertronian forms.

Most don't know or care about the connection to WFC and treat Prime as a stand alone universe.

2) Is there any way to suggest ideas to the writers of Transformers Prime? I would like to suggest Star Saber along with my own fictional Transformers character to appear in the show.

write_our_show_for_us@TransformersPrimeWriters.com

3) I wonder if this show tops TFA or not.

We'll see if this show gets a season 4 or not...cuz TFA never did...

Goji_tron
04-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Most don't know or care about the connection to WFC and treat Prime as a stand alone universe.

write_our_show_for_us@TransformersPrimeWriters.com

We'll see if this show gets a season 4 or not...cuz TFA never did...

Is that mentioned form of contact an e-mail address or a website? Anyway thanks. Now for an off-topic question: Is there any way to suggest ideas to the writer of Detective Conan?

It was a shame that TFA ended so prematurely. It had lots of potential. I wonder if they will ever release season 4 again in any form of media?

Goji_tron
04-19-2011, 07:21 PM
I wonder if this show will top the transformer body-count than any Transformers series, excluding the drones from that body-count?

Perceptor
04-23-2011, 08:30 PM
When is the next episode out, given that Good Friday was a holiday? Thanks.

bedtime
04-23-2011, 09:23 PM
well they air on saturdays now, so hopefully theres one online tonight!

GMfan
04-23-2011, 09:39 PM
New episode next week crew, nothing this week

bedtime
04-23-2011, 09:43 PM
New episode next week crew, nothing this week

:crying:

chaingunsofdoom
05-09-2011, 12:46 PM
This aired on Teletoon yesterday. Was a very good episode. Seemed very much like a female Tarantulas.