PDA

View Full Version : looking to hire painter.

chisau
07-24-2007, 01:53 PM
I've made a kitbash Alternator model, but my painting skill are not up to par. I need the model painted well on the first try. willing to pay reasonable fee, or share prize and credit with artist.

thanks

dak
07-24-2007, 02:44 PM
where are you planning on entering this for prize/credit?

chisau
07-24-2007, 03:42 PM
where are you planning on entering this for prize/credit?

TFcon08, botcon08 and other conventions

Aernaroth
07-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I really hope you credit the work of whoever you pay to do it.

chisau
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I really hope you credit the work of whoever you pay to do it.

looks like i have to do it myself anyways.

dak
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I can't do it. One is because I host the TFCon Art Contest, so it's not fair to judge my own work against others. And for Botcon, I have my own customs to be entering, so I'm like the competition. But I do suggest you do it yourself, cause you will get more credit for the piece if you show you can do the whole thing on your own.

chisau
07-25-2007, 05:24 PM
it does look like i have to do it myself. However, the model is not going to look as good since i have very little experience with re-painting toys. All of my experience are still model painting (like warhammer 40K). I have a hard time think how not to get paint on the wheels and windshield.

I was really hoping for a partnership where i do the models and he/she does the painting. But that is not likely to happen. I had a really good idea too.

dak
07-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Model painting and painting toys are pretty much identical. Don't be giving up on your idea's cause it's only you doing the project. And if you're having a problem with painting and not getting paint ont he wheels or windshield, then JUST ASK! there is a thread in the TF General Discussion about kitbashing. "Dak's Kitbashing thread", ask questions in there.

chisau
07-25-2007, 11:45 PM
giving up? no no no.... my idea is too good to give up. i'm just saying that the final product will not be good as it can be if i did it myself. I will never give up on this. i can assure you that you will see something special at the TFCon08 model contest. maybe even sooner.

speaking of which.....how to do prevent spray paint from getting on the windshield and headlights? tape don't work so well.

Also, when i'm painting models, i always give them a coat of white primer paint before i start applying colours. Do i do the same with toy repainting?

dak
07-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Re Post your questions in this thread: HERE (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=1807). And try to keep thread topics on topic.