PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 8 Con Job Promo Video

Super_Megatron
02-22-2011, 03:30 AM
Transformers Prime Episode 8 Con Job Promo Video (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-episode-8-con-job-promo-video-171536/)

Category: Transformers Prime

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

herooftheday316
02-22-2011, 07:14 AM
They BETTER not kill him off.
MUCH fan rage if they do

-Mike
________
WASHINGTON MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

Prowl_2009
02-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Agreed!

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Aside from the killoff,I just pray that the writing of this Episode isn't too abysmal as of last week's.

Malwave
02-22-2011, 02:13 PM
O_O...as if I wasn't already a big fan of Wheeljack...now he's in Prime?

...looks like I'll be watching Prime now. :clapping:

ARCTrooperAlpha
02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
They BETTER not kill him off.
MUCH fan rage if they do

-Mike

Agreed!

Aside from the killoff,I just pray that the writing of this Episode isn't too abysmal as of last week's.

Wheeljack's seems to be channeling Drift.......which probably means he could go either way.

and how was Scraphead abysmal? I'm just curious

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
and how was Scraphead abysmal? I'm just curious

Where to begin:

1)Fillers,as defined in most Transformers Series,are supposed to be Episodes that are to contribute to character development or a clue into the main story arc.So far,the only character that seemed to have some development was Ratchet,but in such a small degree.Bulkhead seemed to be the key figure to have character development due to Arcee and Prime gossiping about him before what was going to be their untimely death.There have been a couple of incidents where Bulkhead was labelled as clumsy,but this version of Bulkhead seems pretty well grounded compared to his Animated counterpart,where his lack of grace was used as plot devices in several Episodes.

This could also be said about the humans as well.It has been their time to become the main characters and it would have been appropriate for the writer to develop their characters to make them not only more distinguishable,but give us a reason to why they are here aside from 'They have to be here' and 'They are the only things that can stop Scraplets...aside from the fact that Scraplets may never appear again in this Series for all we know'

(Note:If they can stop the Scraplets...why did they have to walk so slow when lives were on the line?If this was a way to say that 'They're children,children are scared of monsters'...this kind of goes against Miko's earlier actions of being braver than Bulkhead)

2)As stated above,fillers were also meant to provide a clue for the main story arc...a 'breadcrumb' if you will.I tend to believe that Scraplets were going to be the clue for a strategy the Decepticons would use in future Episodes.However,due to the below freezing temperatures of the Arctic,the Scraplets have died,rendering them useless.I don't believe that the Decepticons will pick them up and thaw them only to be eaten alive later.

3)One of my biggest concerns with the story of this Episode is that the Arctic conditions seem to threaten the lives of Arcee and Prime...where,if we go back to 'Darkness Rising' have the Autobots not ventured into space to battle Megatron at the Space Bridge...unless the Bridge itself provide the Autobots an amiable temperature?

4)The writer herself:Marsha Griffin,who I recall wrote the best Episodes of Animated,from 'Megatron Rising','TransWarped' and 'Endgame',which established Animated as a personal favourite of mine.So far she has written the Third Part of 'Darkness Rising',where I believed to be one of the weakest of the Darkness Rising mini-arc.Considering that she was at her best at Animated,you tend to think that she would do her best in Prime as well.However,the character development she established was missing,which was very evident in her written Animated counterparts.The action sequences were there,but they weren't that well thought out (But this could be due to the animators' part).So far,this was unimpressive,because the Episode felt bland...and...considering that Arcee spoke about Bulkhead's flaws (Which were used effectively in Animated),it seemed like an easy trick to use that flaw again...where,the Prime version of Bulkhead doesn't need to be placed as an ungraceful character...the point of this version of Bulkhead is to be different from his previous counterpart.In my view,he is only Animated Bulkhead in appearance and name only...in character,it does not seem to be.