PDA

View Full Version : G1 Legends Prime, Starscream And Megatron

joshimus
02-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Got these 3 a few days ago and i gotta say i LOVE them. Okay, sure they are small, decently accurate but for their size they are pretty freakin' fun. I mean the transformations, while not complex, are fun to do. I'm far more impressed with these figures than expected. My ONLY complaint about Prime is his legs. Not sure why they didn't give him knee joints.
That said, I do recommend them.

side note: Starscreams head is painted properly, not all gray like proto pics

beretta
02-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Prime's legs bother me. Be careful while transforming him. His knock knees cause his feet to peg in together at a bit of an angle. Mine was a pretty tight fit and when I tried to put him back in bot mode, the little peg broke off in the hole. Doesn't really hinder anything, still transforms fine and the legs are held together by the rest of the truck mode. Just..a little annoying that it happened.

Badgertron
02-15-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm excited as all heck to get these guys, mostly just to display with my G1 city-bots :D I'm now kicking myself that I missed legends Hot Rod now!

CobraCommander
02-15-2011, 01:26 PM
I just picked up the set today @ Wally's and they are great, probably the 1st TF's in a long time that I've played with without fear of using the manual :p

Now I just need to paint Megs barrel properly, any suggestions on paint or marker to use that would match the body of the gun?

Batman
02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
I just wish I could find them :(

Malwave
02-15-2011, 02:10 PM
if they are still at the TRU in Newmarket, Imma grab least Starscream!:p

GMfan
02-15-2011, 10:08 PM
I just picked up the set today @ Wally's and they are great, probably the 1st TF's in a long time that I've played with without fear of using the manual :p

Now I just need to paint Megs barrel properly, any suggestions on paint or marker to use that would match the body of the gun?

Should be good with a Testors Steel or Aluminum...

joshimus
02-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I prefer Tamiya paints being acrylic but either would work well. I plan on doing some touchups on them as soon as I have actual free time.

chans formers
02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
i found that the cannon from energon battle ravage fits legends megs's scale perfectly:D(and it looks bang on as his scope/fusion cannon)
the only issue is hopw to mount it to his arm with the stock barrel in the way:(

of the four new legends,prime and megs are my faves:D

Evan
02-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Me too! I also wish the price point was lower on these guys. In the past they've only warranted a purchase if I find them on clearance, but I think these ones are a must-have..."no matter the cost!":primelaugh:

CyberMnky
02-26-2011, 03:37 AM
Just picked em up today and am quite impressed with them. Starscream seems particularly cool and imaginative. Prime is my least liked of the three... his one set of non rolling wheels and the wheels hanging off his wrist are a bit of a bummer, but I still like him.He does make a nice heroic silhouette.

Megatron is just awesome, it's nice having him as a gun again. his Transformation is nice imaginative and works well.

Overall, quite impressed with them!!

chovner
02-26-2011, 04:21 AM
I knew I was buying these 3 when I saw pics of them online... Each one is sitting in front of his respective Masterpiece figure in my display case.... Awesome.

Sideswipe
02-26-2011, 05:12 AM

They made it to Ottawa, my buddy grabbed some from tru st laurent, check the sightings. =)

I love Megs, Prime I don't know how i feel and we didnt check out SS, so ?

Valfar
02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I passed on Prime and Starscream and Bee, picked up Megatron and then a week later went back and bought Gold Bee since i've never owned this mold and now thinking about getting Starscream again.

GrimlockGT
02-26-2011, 10:56 AM
I picked them recently and they are awesome for their size. I'm also impressed that Prime wasn't neutered and has his smoke stacks. :)

Pascal
03-01-2011, 01:32 AM
My review for the set: 3 thumbs up. An extra thumb for Megatron's compatibility with MP Starscream. Starscream has the best transformation, very imaginative for the size.

aaronxvx
03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
My review for the set: 3 thumbs up. An extra thumb for Megatron's compatibility with MP Starscream. Starscream has the best transformation, very imaginative for the size.
I was really stoked on starscream, but one of the pegs broke off on the flaps that fold in to make the middle of his jet mode. I love how they added the smirk.

Megatron is definitely my favorite, my coworker had him in MP Skywarp's hand the other day.

Alexander Quinn
03-02-2011, 05:13 PM
An awesome set. I love fiddling with all three! I do wish the price was a little lower though. Still, at this rate, I'm game to pick up wave 2 and I hope that they keep going with them. They're really fun. :D

justprime
03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Not fond of Megs,... thought that the back end in gun mode could have been better instead of leaving that open gap under the hammer assembly and trigger other wise there pretty damn good

bedtime
03-09-2011, 09:39 PM
just got all four today. this bumblebee toy is horrible, but the other three are really awesome

tusko
03-09-2011, 10:05 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e267/Tusko/Transformers/CHUG/002-7.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e267/Tusko/Transformers/CHUG/183.jpg