PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Canada Post?

jourdo
07-13-2007, 12:44 AM
So here is the story:

I've decided to give up on the individual comic book issue thing and buy things in the paperback collections. So I purchase a bunch of Ultimate Spider-man books from Amazon.ca (on a side note, I have some individual issues available if anyone wants them). I placed the order on June 17, and goes out for shipment the next day... Awesome!

Over the weekend, I remembered about this order and decided to check on it. It says that they were successfully delivered to my address on June 20th... Cool! Wait... I didn't receive anything on the 20th. Where the hell is my package?!?!?

Of course being the weekend, there is noone at Canada Post to help me with this. I call Amazon customer service and they send out a replacement order on July 7th. No questions asked. Awesome customer service by the way.

I call Canada Post on the Monday and the lovely civil servant tells me it is up to the sender to initiate an inquiry into this. I won't go into the details of the conversation, but basically there was nothing I could do about NOT receiving my mail.

I come home on the 10th and find two Amazon.ca boxes at my house. My wife said they were both just left on the step, not hidden or anything. Just sitting there. Now I was expecting 2 orders from Amazon anyway so I rip 'em open.

By now you can guess where I'm going. I now have both my original order (which was successfully delivered to my house back on June 20th) AND my replacement order! (My second order is actually en route... just checked on that)

Seems a little fishy to me that the original order now shows up AFTER I've questioned things a bit. Amazon.ca has likely been reimbursed for this as the order was insured, but I don't really need these extra books. Do you send these back to Amazon, even though they have been "lost" and will be paid out?

More importantly... What can you do if you have an issue with Canada Post. Someone had my package from June 20th until July 10th (I didn't look closely at the packaging to see if it had been tampered with before opening), but claimed it was actually at my address the whole time.

This just pissed me off and needed to vent a little.

GMfan
07-13-2007, 01:07 AM
BURN DOWN THE POST!!!

uhoh I'm going postal....just sell them off yourself is what I would do

devilsknight
07-13-2007, 07:38 AM
I hate Canada Post for pulling stunts like that. It's getting to the point now that they complain all the time about door to door mail delivery and now they deliver bigger boxes whenever they feel like it or pretend your not home and leave a knocker.

I caught the mailman leaving one once. I said what's this, he replied oh it's a pickup notice...i'm like ok...but i'm home and it says here i'm not so where's my package...ummmm i didn't want to bring it. Thanks lazy !

This is why I love the postal union...every year less service...more money and more benefits. Crap they even have sex rooms built into their last contract i heard.

jourdo
07-13-2007, 10:40 AM
I hate Canada Post for pulling stunts like that. It's getting to the point now that they complain all the time about door to door mail delivery and now they deliver bigger boxes whenever they feel like it or pretend your not home and leave a knocker.

I caught the mailman leaving one once. I said what's this, he replied oh it's a pickup notice...i'm like ok...but i'm home and it says here i'm not so where's my package...ummmm i didn't want to bring it. Thanks lazy !

This is why I love the postal union...every year less service...more money and more benefits. Crap they even have sex rooms built into their last contract i heard.

They are a bunch of lazy.... wait... sex rooms? Where do I apply?

Pascal
07-13-2007, 03:52 PM
The mailman at my other address was a full-on lazy tard that wouldn't attempt delivery 9 times out of 10. The new one here is awesome, I get my stuff early in the day and he's chatty and all, asking what could be coming from Hong Kong, Japan or China (I guess they're not used to deal with super-foreign stuff here).

Synch
07-14-2007, 06:30 PM
I get all my packages delivered right to my door :D The odd time I will get a slip but they say thats mainly because the truck is full or there are already packages in the box waiting to be picked up...

It helps that my house is two houses away from the mail box too though I think :D I also complained once half jokingly when they left a slip saying they couldn't deliver because of construction that was being done on my road one time & pointed out that my house was just two down lol...

I think I may have got stuck on some kinda list :S
Complains if package not delivered - Check :P

chaingunsofdoom
07-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Definitely contact Amazon to ask about returning the extra package.

As for Canada Post, they have an online complaint form, which usually doesn't help much. However, they also have an Ombudsman who takes complaints too. Try either of those processes out.

Aernaroth
07-14-2007, 07:13 PM
There's also the possibility that with the end of june being graduation, canada day, and wedding season, that through sheer volume, mistakes were made. I very much doubt your investigation made them find and deliver your package.