PDA

View Full Version : Transformer collection for $ One Million USD$

RedOktobre
07-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Holy crap!

Is this for real????

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Ultimate-Boxed-G1-Transformers-Collection-1984-1987_W0QQitemZ230150167114QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4696Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do you guys believe in the origin of the collection?

C_Shewins
07-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Kind of hard to believe........Do you believe it? LOL

darthrage
07-10-2007, 12:33 AM
no Transformers collection, I don't care how many you have or if you have 1 of every single Transformers memorabilia including but not limited to toys EVER PRODUCED BY HASBRO AND TAKARA COMBINED, it is still not worth one million

What's ridiculous is that no average person would have $1 million to spend on toys

unless you are a celebrity who just watched the movie and decided to start collecting

Nyghtwynd
07-10-2007, 12:39 AM
no Transformers collection, I don't care how many you have or if you have 1 of every single Transformers memorabilia including but not limited to toys EVER PRODUCED BY HASBRO AND TAKARA COMBINED, it is still not worth one million

What's ridiculous is that no average person would have $1 million to spend on toys

unless you are a celebrity who just watched the movie and decided to start collecting

What's your estimate then?

Dark Rage
07-10-2007, 01:01 AM
What's with the SOB story? Come on, you gotta be kidding me, no buyer really cares that much whether their money spent on an ebay bid is going to a scalper or a person trying to get out of debt. If it was for charity, maybe, but that wouldn't really apply here.

I'd say the collection would be worth $10,000 at best, depending on the box condition.

P.S. Whatever happened to that auction in Alberta of a person selling his deceased brother's TF collection? Did it ever sell?

darthrage
07-10-2007, 01:09 AM
take away 2 zeros and they would have probably have a buyer after a few relists.

chisau
07-10-2007, 02:35 AM
What's your estimate then?

any collection no matter what size, when it comes down to logic, they are still toys. you can only get $210,000 top. because beyond that, i can get a really nice super-car for that money. like lambogini or porsh turbo. and they are much more fun then any old toys.

However, these toys do have heavy historic value. If she is smart, she would open her own business and donate these toys to a museum and get a $1M tax write off.

either that or sell them to a high end drug dealer that need to eliminate some cash. you can't really expect to win the lotto by selling old toys. even if they are collectables. then again, there are also a lot of stupid people with lots of money in the world too. (example = paris hulton)

darthrage
07-10-2007, 04:17 AM
any collection no matter what size, when it comes down to logic, they are still toys. you can only get $210,000 top. because beyond that, i can get a really nice super-car for that money. like lambogini or porsh turbo. and they are much more fun then any old toys.

However, these toys do have heavy historic value. If she is smart, she would open her own business and donate these toys to a museum and get a $1M tax write off.

either that or sell them to a high end drug dealer that need to eliminate some cash. you can't really expect to win the lotto by selling old toys. even if they are collectables. then again, there are also a lot of stupid people with lots of money in the world too. (example = paris hulton)

EXACTLY!! They are just toys. Its not about the monetary value of these things when you think about it. When you are talking about this kind of high dollar value amount, you should really ask yourself do you really need it and is it a necessity. Because when you compare it to necessity, we are talking about 1 or 2 houses or several cars. So ask yourself again, can that amount of toys be which can probably fit into 6x 3 foot by 3 foot cubic boxes be traded in for your house even though you really wanted to toys?

The seller is making a ridiculous asking price.

Dark Rage
07-10-2007, 04:26 AM
They're probably trying to have a wealthy person feel sorry for them simply to purchase it.

There are crazy auctions on Ebay all the time, I'm sure this one just tops the cake when it comes to transformers toys. Probably cheaper just to buy it separately, or even the Takara/Hasbro reissues.

ANDROID PRIME
07-10-2007, 07:43 AM
the insain asking price aside. that is a nice collection. I think if i won the lottery. i would still never pay 1 million dollars. like think how many people or arnt eating or are sick that you could help with that money.

JaySmith
07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm highly envious of that insane collection.

chisau
07-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm highly envious of that insane collection.

envious, yes.... but are you insane enough to buy it??

GMfan
07-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm insane enough to buy it just the lack of funds :P.....wonder if she'll take a $20 monthly payment till I get to a million.

chisau
07-10-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm insane enough to buy it just the lack of funds :P.....wonder if she'll take a $20 monthly payment till I get to a million.

that will take 4167 years. even if it's $20 a day, it will take 271 years. she has to really suck a math (and i'm talking about IQ of 5) to take that offer.

GMfan
07-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Hopefully she's not good at math...

Aernaroth
07-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Hmm... I am interested in the non-toy transformers stuff she has there. However, I really dont want to rob a bank or anything. Screw it.

chaingunsofdoom
07-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Even if they were all MISB that's quite the high auction price.

-KG-
07-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I happened to be flipping through the channels last night and on MTV it said somebody actually won this auction and paid the 1 million. The link is dead though. Some people just have too much money...

nuropa
07-20-2007, 11:52 AM
yes, someone hit the Buy it now option, but the buyer is not paying, so the lady gets some free publicity and nothing more at this point.

-KG-
07-20-2007, 11:55 AM
yes, someone hit the Buy it now option, but the buyer is not paying, so the lady gets some free publicity and nothing more at this point.

That's what I figured. Nothing but media lies. Still interesting to see on TV though.