PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Prime Episode 4 Discussion

Joalro
12-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bFeZLKIEo

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1Ov7B7LXU
(http://www.youtube.com/user/FTransformers#p/u/0/ZA1Ov7B7LXU)

razin
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Well, just watched the first 9 mins (ep4pt1), Intensity is building. Got a chuckle out of Miko staying inside Bulkhead in bot mode and getting tossed around.

Dustinticon
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Can they really be that violent in a kids show? lol. I'm loving this show so far! i thought i would hate having three kids but they make the show more exciting! I hope we see tons of new decepticons that stay in the coming episodes.

vujonny
12-02-2010, 10:24 PM
actions awesome. sometimes i forget it's a kids show

shockwing
12-02-2010, 10:29 PM
getting better

Onslaught
12-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Not going to watch part 1 until part 2 is up. Part 2 by the way will be up in apparently 18 minutes according to the FTransformers.
Should be a good episode.

jackwacko
12-02-2010, 10:56 PM
This is from ep.3.. but I like how soundwave still has that.. voice synthesizer effect every time he plays back something.. And.. Is that suppose to be a laserbeak reference?

razin
12-02-2010, 10:57 PM
I guess 3mins to go then! I am grabbing the 1st 3 episodes in HD/5.1 right now (2.8GB/ea) and will watch em all again!

Joalro
12-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Part 2 is up! Check first post!

Onslaught
12-02-2010, 11:09 PM
This is from ep.3.. but I like how soundwave still has that.. voice synthesizer effect every time he plays back something.. And.. Is that suppose to be a laserbeak reference?

Could be Laserbeak, but based on the wings it looks quite a bit like Ratbat to me, though the head was birdlike than bat.

I also really like the effects that play alongside his recordings. It's just a cool thing to have to go alongside the character.

razin
12-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Damn, this is getting really good. Even the humans are growing on me. So what new 'Cons will come over the bridge from Cybertron?

King Benny
12-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Wow... Episode 4 was awesome! The action was fierce. It still shocks me at how violent this cartoon is. I love it! The characters are all fun to watch (especially like Starscream).
Episode 4 really SOLD me on this show! Can't wait for Episode 5!

silent4life
12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Battle blades Prime! Wicked...very dark feel to the show and a lot of action. So far better than what I expected.

Protoman
12-02-2010, 11:41 PM
RECON! ROCK ON!

Onslaught
12-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Episode 4 was amazing! The pace slowed a little in 3 but 4 just brought it all the way to the top. Bulkhead acting like a beast, killing everything that got in his way was awesome. Even better he's starting to incorporate some pro wrestling moves into his fighting style, and that's always cool to see from a big bot.

Starscream showed both his really cool side and cowardly side in this episode, which is nice to see from him.

Optimus and Ratchet was a pretty cool team. I was a little disappointed to see swords out of Optimus though, especially right after Ratchet pulled out a pair of his own, and that Megatron has one as well. Also a nice touch from Megatron was when he didn't kill Optimus when he had the chance. It shows that defeating Optimus is more than simply killing him, it's about how he does it.

It's cool that most/all of the characters have blasters as well as a melee weapon. Bulkhead with his giant guns and his hammerfists, Optimus with his dual rifle-like guns and his swords. I don't believe we've seen what Ratchet has on the side of blasters, or what Arcee and Bumblebee have on the side of melee weapons. It is cool that Bumblebee has wrist guns similar to his stingers from Animated though, and Arcee with her sniper like gun.

Dragon Knight
12-02-2010, 11:43 PM
getting better

Definitely getting better and better. I'm loving the dark, serious ton of the series! Miko is officially my least favrioute human character after this episode...

Protoman
12-02-2010, 11:47 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/9s74g3.jpg

Miko is becoming the only human character of interest. I am all about the GAR and this little girl has it. Jack is too busy being boring and emo, Ralph is all I CANS HAXXOR ANYTHING WITH MY WINDOWS XP MARY SUE.

But Miko, she rocks. She throws up the devil horns, rocks out and enjoys some good ol' robot gore. "You rescued Fowler? ROCK ON!!!!"

Dragon Knight
12-02-2010, 11:52 PM
I guess my problem was just how stupid and reckless she was acting in this episode...then again, Sari was the same way wasn't she?

LOL she'll probably grow on me as the series progresses.

Onslaught
12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
I didn't like Miko in episode 3, but I actually liked her a lot better in this episode. Right now she's probably my favourite of the humans, part of the reason is her being fairly interesting and odd, and the other part is her being partnered with Bulkhead, since whenever anything is involved with Bulkhead it reaches higher levels of coolness.

jackwacko
12-03-2010, 12:15 AM
... To be perfectly honest.. I think my favourite design (so far) is Starscream... Holy crap, his plane acrobatics of Movie SS fame and evil robot mode is just so sleek. I love jets that like to aim their thrusters at fembots...

Also, is twin blades the new black on Cybertron.. Cuz even Ratchet has a pair now O_o....I think there's a bit much of integration going on here with the weapons... Can't they have normal handheld things?

Dragon Knight
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM
What I'm really loving about Starscream is his voice. I think his voice is my favrioute out of Prime so far

UltraPrimal
12-03-2010, 12:21 AM
I think the girls are stealing the show. Arcee is the best overall Autobot and Miko is becoming the favourite out of the humans. Jack is such a pussy. I actually didn't like Fowler at first, but he won me over with, "Is it cookie time, Grandma?". :rofl: Loved seeing Optimus and Ratchet go all Resident Evil Dead.:clapping:

But I'm wondering if Dark Energon is the "Blood of Unicron", do they mean that literally? And if so, what happened to Unicron to make him bleed. And where is he now?!

And yes, I think that drone Soundwave ejected in the last episode was "Ratbat". But I don't think it was actually sentient. It was just an aerial drone that happened to look bat-like.

Joalro
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM
... Also, is twin blades the new black on Cybertron.. Cuz even Ratchet has a pair now O_o....I think there's a bit much of integration going on here with the weapons... Can't they have normal handheld things?

Honestly I find the integrated weapons things much more believable. For an advanced, transforming robot to have a weapon integrated into him in vehicle mode, only to detach in robot mode... so he can hold it? That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. It really is more logical for the weapon to just stay... attached.

But man, i cannot, CANNOT express how much I love this series. So many times I am like "oh... my... god...". The fact they killed off Cliffjumper has really taken away all senses of security. ANY other character can go. Honestly, for a moment, I actually thought Optimus and Ratchet were done for, and that the rest of the show was the remainder of the characters dealing without a Prime to guide them.

jackwacko
12-03-2010, 12:26 AM
They should totally make this show completely non-child friendly by making Jack and Miko go through some awkward sexual bonding...

Oh and..does anyone feel that Optimus has a tendency to spew 1-liners?

Joalro
12-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Honestly this show is already pretty non-child friendly. Fowler tortured to the point of insanity? Did anyone else find that a bit... disturbing?

jackwacko
12-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Honestly this show is already pretty non-child friendly. Fowler tortured to the point of insanity? Did anyone else find that a bit... disturbing?

That's what makes this Starscream SO AWESOME!

TMIIWonkoNemises
12-03-2010, 12:51 AM
I didn't like Miko in episode 3, but I actually liked her a lot better in this episode. Right now she's probably my favourite of the humans, part of the reason is her being fairly interesting and odd, and the other part is her being partnered with Bulkhead, since whenever anything is involved with Bulkhead it reaches higher levels of coolness.

I completely agree.I found her annoying in the first two parts,but in this Episode the writer handled her very well.

And on the subject of the writer himself,Steven Melching (Of Beast Machines!Rock on!) has really outdone on this Episode of Prime,Hell,even defeating Animated writer Marsha Griffin in the last part.The action,the character development,the usefulness of Miko,all fit together in this exponentially exceptional part and,by far,my favourite one.

However,I`m kind of curious to see how the fifth part is going to be played out,especially with something like this in their plate.

ARCTrooperAlpha
12-03-2010, 01:05 AM
I guess my problem was just how stupid and reckless she was acting in this episode...then again, Sari was the same way wasn't she?

LOL she'll probably grow on me as the series progresses.

Dude, Sari wasn't that careless. She kinda knew not to get in the way when Starscream was pummelling them in the pilot ep. To name a few.

http://i55.tinypic.com/9s74g3.jpg

Miko is becoming the only human character of interest. I am all about the GAR and this little girl has it. Jack is too busy being boring and emo, Ralph is all I CANS HAXXOR ANYTHING WITH MY WINDOWS XP MARY SUE.

But Miko, she rocks. She throws up the devil horns, rocks out and enjoys some good ol' robot gore. "You rescued Fowler? ROCK ON!!!!"

Miko - no. I'm sorry, but no. She's just nuts. Btw, I think she's a symbol of how WE think Jap ppl are crazy sometimes.

Jack - what can you do? Stories need a boring person like that to be the "third person/us"

Ralph - seriously I agree with you. He must be the Wesley Crusher equivalent from the early Star Trek Next Generation. Who can even tell something's important by glancing at Cybertronian math ?

What I'm really loving about Starscream is his voice. I think his voice is my favrioute out of Prime so far

True, true. I love the low menace which runs contrary to his tradition shriek.

They should totally make this show completely non-child friendly by making Jack and Miko go through some awkward sexual bonding...

Oh and..does anyone feel that Optimus has a tendency to spew 1-liners?

Oh I like how you're going with this. :D

That's what makes this Starscream SO AWESOME!

Plus, it's not like it hasn't been done yet. Star Wars: The Clone Wars already had Cad Bane torturing AND killing a Jedi Master in one ep.

(Don't worry about it mate, I had the same thoughts too about Star Wars)

But seriously, there was never torture in Transformers cartoons ? There was Transformers Energon where Megatron was sticking a sword in Inferno JUST to get him for interrogation, AND THAT WAS BEFORE BRANDING HIM.

ARCTrooperAlpha
12-03-2010, 01:08 AM
I completely agree.I found her annoying in the first two parts,but in this Episode the writer handled her very well.

And on the subject of the writer himself,Steven Melching (Of Beast Machines!Rock on!) has really outdone on this Episode of Prime,Hell,even defeating Animated writer Marsha Griffin in the last part.The action,the character development,the usefulness of Miko,all fit together in this exponentially exceptional part and,by far,my favourite one.

However,I`m kind of curious to see how the fifth part is going to be played out,especially with something like this in their plate.

ok, you two must please explain to me how Miko was useful in the episode.

Spacemonkey
12-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Actually, I really like the show. I didn't totally pay attention in the first three episodes, but the background music sounds good and is well integrated.

ConvoyGTR
12-03-2010, 02:41 AM
Miko is the worst character ever in all of the Transformers fiction. Oh my god, she is the type of character who will get Bulkhead and everyone else killed because of how selfish and ignorant she is of everything happening around her. She only cares about having her little adventure and not about all the grief she is causing to everyone.

*end rant*

Sorry, I had to let it all out. I don't think I've ever hated any character this much before.

On the plus side, damn Bulkhead is fast for someone so big. And that fight with Prime and Ratchet gave me chills, they messed those zombies up! I love the part when Prime impales the guy in the gut with his sword, then switches to his gun (with the same arm) and blows the zombie to smithereens. :D

And it doesn't seem like those drone are really "drones." They seem to be sentient, so maybe they are more like "red shirts." :)

Robimus
12-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Can they really be that violent in a kids show? lol. I'm loving this show so far! i thought i would hate having three kids but they make the show more exciting! I hope we see tons of new decepticons that stay in the coming episodes.

The answer is yes. If they are using The Clone Wars as kinda a rating point for violence and content. That show has had all kinds of questionable material, from zombies to humans getting impaled with lightsabers.

That said the writing on The Clone Wars has been very weak at times. Prime seems more focused and much more well put together to me.

I'm lovng Starscream and the Prime/Ratchet vs the zombies was pretty awesome.

Great stuff thus far.

They just really need to find a way to work in Jazz:primelaugh:

jackwacko
12-03-2010, 03:05 AM
Its funny how the Cartoon is less kid friendly than the live action movie...

Speaking of friendly, here's a question to think about:
What would be ONE character from each side that should be in Prime?

Autobots: Jazz
Cons: Shockwave

Robimus
12-03-2010, 03:27 AM
I want to think outside the box a little on your question Jackwacko :cool:

It would be easy to rattle off a list of traditional G1 characters, many of whom will likely get included at some point. Since I suspect Jazz is a given I'm going to offer up two different names.

Autobot: Drift(A silent Snake Eyes type warrior)
Decepticon: Flatline(A Decepticon Medic/Scientist)

Or a brand new character - I'm big on those in general.

renegade_decepticon
12-03-2010, 03:32 AM
can't wait for part 5 this is getting epic

jackwacko
12-03-2010, 03:34 AM
I want to think outside the box a little on your question Jackwacko :cool:

It would be easy to rattle off a list of traditional G1 characters, many of whom will likely get included at some point. Since I suspect Jazz is a given I'm going to offer up two different names.

Autobot: Drift(A silent Snake Eyes type warrior)
Decepticon: Flatline(A Decepticon Medic/Scientist)

Or a brand new character - I'm big on those in general.

Ohh I like you sir!... Snake Eyes Drift sounds pretty awesome... and Flatline expand upon existing property.. Genius!

An Autobot flier would kinda make the fight a little more fair... BUT NOT JETFIRE! I think we've moved beyond the generation that remembers Jetfire as OP's Combining partner, where ROTF used that idea for the last time (hopefully).

I would squeal like a Fanboy if they were daring enough to add TERRADIVE to Prime... even for 1 episode.

ARCTrooperAlpha
12-03-2010, 03:36 AM
The answer is yes. If they are using The Clone Wars as kinda a rating point for violence and content. That show has had all kinds of questionable material, from zombies to humans getting impaled with lightsabers.

That said the writing on The Clone Wars has been very weak at times. Prime seems more focused and much more well put together to me.

I'm lovng Starscream and the Prime/Ratchet vs the zombies was pretty awesome.

Great stuff thus far.

They just really need to find a way to work in Jazz:primelaugh:

I so agree with you.

brr-icy
12-03-2010, 12:49 PM
getting a little better, miko is still annoying, too bad there was no squish nwhen bulkhead transformed

King Benny
12-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Miko is annoying because she is so selfish, but many characters start out this way. Over time through their experiences they change for the better. Hopefully this happens with Miko.

Jack was pretty annoying in episode 4 but honestly, I think it's temporary as he is simply behaving somewhat realistically given the situation. Right now, they need one of the humans to be more "grounded" to make it more believable. Jack fits the bill as the older kid. His attitude will change over time once he comes to terms with things.

TMIIWonkoNemises
12-03-2010, 03:22 PM
ok, you two must please explain to me how Miko was useful in the episode.

She took a picture of the diagrams showing in the Decepticon computer and she tried to convince Jack to return...it shows that she has some usefulness instead of being a liability.

CyberMnky
12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
That assumes that one of the 'bots can't just look at the screen
and then download his optics track to Ratchet's computer later...

ARCTrooperAlpha
12-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Miko is annoying because she is so selfish, but many characters start out this way. Over time through their experiences they change for the better. Hopefully this happens with Miko.

Jack was pretty annoying in episode 4 but honestly, I think it's temporary as he is simply behaving somewhat realistically given the situation. Right now, they need one of the humans to be more "grounded" to make it more believable. Jack fits the bill as the older kid. His attitude will change over time once he comes to terms with things.

I think Jack became annoying cause the script demanded it.

Jack - "If this is what the Autobots go through everyday, I'll have no part of it!"

As if the Autobots actually asked them to, PSHHHH.

She took a picture of the diagrams showing in the Decepticon computer and she tried to convince Jack to return...it shows that she has some usefulness instead of being a liability.

If you say so, she kinda reminds me of a cult recruiter :P But hey, I guess we have to hate before love?

TMIIWonkoNemises
12-03-2010, 07:03 PM
If you say so, she kinda reminds me of a cult recruiter :P But hey, I guess we have to hate before love?

Naturally.

CobraCommander
12-03-2010, 10:34 PM
What's with all the not-kid friendly, too violent baloney? Haven't you guys/gals every watched Tom and Jerry?

Great episode, must have more... more!

Sun Swipe Prime
12-03-2010, 11:35 PM
This Episode was full of characters being stupid. Not careless or making mistakes but just being plain stupid.

I'm all for cool human characters, and if they get into dangerous sitiuations that's fine, but they can't be stupid about things. That's just annoying. Come on Miko!! There's a fire fight going on and you decide to hitch a ride inside Bulkhead.... and she thinks that's a smart idea...?? I call bullshit. Nobody is that stupid, not even George Bush. To me the government guy seems to be the most interesting human now. Also Jack and Miko's constant arguing is so forced. There's not point to it. It's arguing for the sake of arguing. They're trying way too hard to make tension where there isn't any. Booo. The smartest thing they did was take a picture using the phone.

Now I'd like to ask why Arcee didn't just shoot Starscream in the head instead of tapping him on the shoulder to let him know she was there? She had the drop on him. She could have taken him out be fore he could even flinch. That was stupid. Which brings me to the question of Megatron just standing around while his Zombots fought Optimus and Ratchet. Hey dude... you have that fusion cannon thing. How about taking a couple of shots from that nice sniper's perch you're standing? It might help your cause.

And finally at the end they just let Jack run off after they make a big deal about how they must protect him and how they won't just leave him unprotected iin the first two episodes. That just undercuts everything from those episodes.

Mighty_Galvatron
12-04-2010, 12:21 PM
This show had me at "Blood of Unicron."

First two episodes were a bit tough to sit through for me, but episodes 3 and 4 really changed things up. Overall, I'm happy with it and look forward to part 5.

What happened to Cliffjumper is one of my favorite parts ever in anything-TF. And Megatron's raising of the dead is super-cool. Now he aims to raise the dead on Cybertron...holy shit I wonder what he'll bring up from that planet!

Megatron's voice is amazing. What a menacing mofo! Go Frank!! This is what he should have sounded like in the Bay Movies...actually, this show is what the Bay Movies should have been!

Loving Ernie Hudson as Fowler. He complains just as hilariously as he did as Winston in Ghostbusters 3: The Video Game.

ARCTrooperAlpha
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
This Episode was full of characters being stupid. Not careless or making mistakes but just being plain stupid.

I'm all for cool human characters, and if they get into dangerous sitiuations that's fine, but they can't be stupid about things. That's just annoying. Come on Miko!! There's a fire fight going on and you decide to hitch a ride inside Bulkhead.... and she thinks that's a smart idea...?? I call bullshit. Nobody is that stupid, not even George Bush. To me the government guy seems to be the most interesting human now. Also Jack and Miko's constant arguing is so forced. There's not point to it. It's arguing for the sake of arguing. They're trying way too hard to make tension where there isn't any. Booo. The smartest thing they did was take a picture using the phone.

Now I'd like to ask why Arcee didn't just shoot Starscream in the head instead of tapping him on the shoulder to let him know she was there? She had the drop on him. She could have taken him out be fore he could even flinch. That was stupid. Which brings me to the question of Megatron just standing around while his Zombots fought Optimus and Ratchet. Hey dude... you have that fusion cannon thing. How about taking a couple of shots from that nice sniper's perch you're standing? It might help your cause.

And finally at the end they just let Jack run off after they make a big deal about how they must protect him and how they won't just leave him unprotected iin the first two episodes. That just undercuts everything from those episodes.

oooooooooo, you're good. You must be a literary critic. Plus, remember that scene where Starscream was prancing around to avoid Autobot fire? If he could move like that, why could he just use Fowler as a human shield just to get out?

Also killing Fowler afterwards would have a double advantage: shows Starscream's ruthlessness and conniving, and sours Autobot-Human relations.