PDA

View Full Version : Question about MP trailer differences.

Tumblebug
07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
I recently backordered a MP-02 optimus prime trailer. Can anyone tell me the differences with the various versions? I heard one has a roller, one stickers, one with painted sides and one that has double doors?

Can anyone verify this? I want to get a good version.
Thanks!
Jedd

Shepp
07-09-2007, 04:59 PM
wasnt MP-02 released as ultra magnus?

well, i cant say much for the other trailer releases, but the mp-04 prime trailer's actually pretty cool.

it has a ramp and double doors, detailed interior that will hold all of the accessories for MP-04 prime, plus that repair robot crane thing. it will also fit most alternators.

on the downside it doesnt come with roller, despite being fully able to carry him. and it doesnt come separately. also, its the only officially endorsed trailer because it was released by takaratomy.

agesthreeandup
07-09-2007, 05:20 PM
There are three different trailers. One is a total KO of the original G1 trailer with all the original parts just blown up to the size of the MP-01. This one is quite good if you don't mind the lack of true detail as all it is, is a blow up of the original. Justitoys does a trailer that is not too bad. It is a little short IMO but has good detail in it. The rear door opens like the original one does but this one does not split open at all. It is a trailer only and does not transform into the repair bay. The third one is the one that came with the MP-04 and this one is the best one. This one was updated, is the right length and has tons of cool play features within it. It is the one with the double doors at the back and then the ramp slides out from the bottom of the trailer so you have both the doors and a ramp to get in. This one does not come with roller.

Prices?

KO - aprox $130
Justitoys - $80 I think. I was considering getting a few more of these in.
MP-04 - Good luck getting just the trailer for under $200. The MP-04 set is now worth about $250 or so, if you can find one. Thing is, you get the Prime with the trailer.

Spencer.

Tumblebug
07-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Apparently, the one I ordered is a second version. I was contempalting whether or not to sell my 20th optimus and pick up the set with the trailer and Prime.

Anyone have any info in the second release of this trailer? Or is it really the second version due to the cardboard one being released first?

Edit: By the way, I ordered this from bigbadtoystore.com

Tumblebug
07-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I just had a look at this, and it looks like the first one. So should I keep my order for it? Is it worth it?