The first episode has been uploaded to youtube:

Darkness Rising Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNhwzr3wQnI

Darkness Rising Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj-jA-apo4I

Sweet! Thanks!! ::clapping:

Tekkamanraiden
11-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Not bad, not fond of the Jimmy Neutron style but I don't hate it.

jackwacko
11-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Optimus's mouth is still really weird to me, also David Kaye coming out of this Optimus would have made me feel a lot less "O_o"..
Interesting way to open a show though. Will stay tone.

Benzo
11-27-2010, 01:50 AM
so far TFP is meh.. not really liking the movie look to it. Bumblebee not talking, only "beeping" and Soundwave has a female voice? what's up with that?? I do however like Jeffrey Combs as Ratchet and the reused Star Trek theme is pretty cool!
Zombie Cliffjumper was awesome too!

UltraPrimal
11-27-2010, 01:50 AM
This show is so awesome! I hope they can keep this up during the whole series.

jackwacko
11-27-2010, 01:54 AM
"The first rule about robot fight club is not to talk about robot fight club". This is turning out alright! Also this Bulkhead seems more appealing that TFA's.. donno why.

King Benny
11-27-2010, 01:56 AM
so far TFP is meh.. not really liking the movie look to it. Bumblebee not talking, only "beeping" and Soundwave has a female voice? what's up with that?? I do however like Jeffrey Combs as Ratchet and the reused Star Trek theme is pretty cool!
Zombie Cliffjumper was awesome too!

I don't think that was Soundwave's voice but a recording of Arcee. Soundwave hasn't spoken yet.

King Benny
11-27-2010, 01:59 AM
2nd Episode is up...

Darkness Risking Ep2 Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z77nMzLpEgY

Darkness Risking Ep2 Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvg5L0NGVSk

Benzo
11-27-2010, 02:00 AM
I don't think that was Soundwave's voice but a recording of Arcee. Soundwave hasn't spoken yet.

hmm.. I think you might be right..:primelaugh:

Robimus
11-27-2010, 02:01 AM
Well I'm pleased, its watchable.

So are we waiting for the YTV showings for full blown discussion(with spoilers) threads?

UltraPrimal
11-27-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm thinking Soudwave is mute. Not mute like Bumblebee who is like R2 D2 or one of the minicons. I'm thinking completely mute and can only play back recording of other characters' dialogue. He'll probably be like Silent Bob; he'll never talk during the entire series until the very end when he says something very important/profound/epic. ;)

Cliffjumper69
11-27-2010, 02:17 AM
I just finished both episodes and Im pretty pissed. THEY FUCKING KILLED CLIFFJUMPER!!?!?!?!??!?1?!1?/1/?!/!?? :argh: Cliffjumper fucking dies in the first 5 minutes....... GAHHH!!!!! :banghead: Zombie Cliffy was pretty cool :p

Aside form that, the show looks really good. Its nothing like Animated but it'll do for now :clapping:

Robimus
11-27-2010, 02:33 AM
I love how they had the bull horns on Cliffjumper's hood as a homage to the Rock's wrestling days and emblem.:primelaugh:

Yeah, I didn't realize that wasn't Soundwave's voice either. I'm glad its not.

I liked what I saw enough. I'll tune in when it airs.

jackwacko
11-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Everytime bumblebee says something, I think some of my ear cells had died... But overall, its not bad. Kinda surprised they start the show by killing an autobot... O_o

Mumps
11-27-2010, 02:50 AM
EDIT: Bah, whatever...

Robimus
11-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Just finished episode 2. I really like the dark tone of the series thus far. The Cliffjumper deal was handled very well, very creepy stuff.

racerguy76
11-27-2010, 03:59 AM
It's watchable.

racerguy76
11-27-2010, 04:15 AM
GMfan called it. Nothing original here. It seems like the just mashed the best sellers together added zombies. I think it's done well though. The visuals and sound were great. Voice acting seems pretty spot on too although I also think not having BB talk is piss poor writing. I don't know why, it just bugs me.

pulsedragon20
11-27-2010, 04:54 AM
So far, I don't like the style

pulsedragon20
11-27-2010, 04:55 AM
2nd Episode is up...

Darkness Risking Ep2 Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z77nMzLpEgY

Darkness Risking Ep2 Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvg5L0NGVSk

thank you for posting the links!

Matrix_Holder
11-27-2010, 05:20 AM
I am not a fan of the designs at all. What is up with Frank Welkers voice???? Starscream looks like shit and all that hype about the rock being in it for nothing. Ugh! I hope it gets better...I am actually glad that they are not producing toys for this show. I can't believe that I am saying this.....I actually miss TF animated...to be fair, it was actually getting better season 2 and 3.

Joalro
11-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Wow, so far those first two episodes are exceptional.

Joalro
11-27-2010, 10:07 AM
I am not a fan of the designs at all. What is up with Frank Welkers voice???? Starscream looks like shit and all that hype about the rock being in it for nothing. Ugh! I hope it gets better...I am actually glad that they are not producing toys for this show. I can't believe that I am saying this.....I actually miss TF animated...to be fair, it was actually getting better season 2 and 3.

They are producing toys... they come out fall 2011.

Also, in my opinion, Starscream looks... alright. I don't like his mouth, but I don't like any of the character's mouths. The model for Starscream looks really schemey... and twisted. I think it works well. And I thought Megatron sound evil, just like he should have. I would have hated if he had his G1 voice. He actually sounds exactly as he did in WFC.

So far I'm a big fan of this show. They way they did these humans actually works for me, and I typically hate the humans in Transformer shows.

I LOVE the Ratchet in this show. He practically has the same personality from animated... but without the more childish tone of TFA, his character comes across really well.

Jove
11-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Animation style leaves a little to be desired. It looks like things haven't improved since Beast Machines.

Although I don't hate it, which is saying a lot...

AND WHY can't Bumblebee talk? Was that REALLY necessary? How does that help? It was mildly cutesy for the movie, but will wear thin over multiple episodes.

zerocustom
11-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Wow mixed opinions what a surprise :P But I'm taking a little shine to the show mostly due to the fact that they are so far anyway concentrating on characters other than prime and bee.

I like this Arcee character and this Cliff Jumper who hopefully will be revived.

The rock does a good job voicing his what three lines? All in all not bad. I really hope the inevitable Arcee and cliffy toys stay true to the shows designs really liking those models (just those so far; bulkhead, prime, and bee are more of the same really).

razin
11-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I really liked it. Didn't mind the animation at all, better then I expected. Killing CJ was a shock, still better get a toy if they do a line.

brr-icy
11-27-2010, 12:02 PM
dunno what i think of the show yet, the designs i don't like, the writing seems to be more of the movies...

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
11-27-2010, 12:20 PM
And here I was so excited about Cliffjumper finally getting a design that wasn't just a repaint of Bumblebee and he gets fridged in the first episode.

Still, the show has potential. I'm not a fan of the new Optimus design (if they were insistent on giving him a mouth they should've used a split-plate design like Primal's; that goo-face just doesn't work for him, especially without any kind of nose) but the rest are okay and the characterizations are great.

Here's hoping they actually let Arcee do something without slagging it up at some point in the series. Having her constantly fail at everything she tries to do got old fast in these episodes.

Ozrein
11-27-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm not completely sold on it just yet but I can see the shows potential. I cant say I'm too fond of how Cliffy got slagged in the first episode but at the same time it's nice to see that that can happen. The animation is limited, imo, by being cgi. You can really see this at times such some of fight scenes. But overall it looks ok. And I look forward to at least the rest of this 5 part mini-series.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
11-27-2010, 01:44 PM
It also seems odd to have Megs seemingly Galvanizing himself so early in the story. I don't think we've even seen his vehicle form yet (outside of concept art.)

Supernova
11-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Going into it, I honestly expected to not like it right off the bat. I'll gladly admit that I was wrong.

As long as the writing keeps up, I'm hopeful that we'll have a solid series on our hands! :)

Some quick (and random) thoughts:

Even tough I haven't seen it in HD yet, the animation itself appears to be quite good. My only real knock being how devoid of life the world is.
Really liked that characterizations of Arcee, Ratchet, and Starscream. The rest, I feel like I need more time to pass judgement on.
The kids weren't as annoying as I feared
Bumblebee's "language" has to be the second most annoying sound in the world.
If there's so much Energon out there, but the Autobots have it in short supply, what have they been doing for the past three years?
I'm going to miss Cliffjumper, but I think his death was handled well within the story.
Eradicon toys, please!

Dragon Knight
11-27-2010, 02:29 PM
"The first rule about robot fight club is not to talk about robot fight club". This is turning out alright! Also this Bulkhead seems more appealing that TFA's.. donno why.

I think so too. I think it helps that this Bulkhead doesn't sound like he's stupid...or it's hard to tell. Either way, I'm quite enjoying this so far...though something about the way prime talks without his faceplate bugs me...

I'm really hoping we'll be getting toys out of this series.

Robimus
11-27-2010, 02:39 PM
The key to this so far for me was the writing. I'm not in love with the designs but if it continues to deliver as a story the way it did in the first two episodes it should be decent.

Starscream is kinda a Wormtoungue like character from Lord of the Rings, which is very different from his past incarnations.

If he does turn out to be a mad scientist or something similar it will actually fit with his G1 background better than G1 did.

TMIIWonkoNemises
11-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm thinking Soudwave is mute. Not mute like Bumblebee who is like R2 D2 or one of the minicons. I'm thinking completely mute and can only play back recording of other characters' dialogue. He'll probably be like Silent Bob; he'll never talk during the entire series until the very end when he says something very important/profound/epic. ;)

This is exactly what I was thinking about.We haven't gotten any Voice Actor declared for Soundwave before the premiere.I'm very impressed that out of the characters,Soundwave tends to be the most liberalized classic character of the Franchise: Alt-mode a jet,mute,who knows what else they have in store,but I adore this new Soundwave.

Everytime bumblebee says something, I think some of my ear cells had died... But overall, its not bad. Kinda surprised they start the show by killing an autobot... O_o

Here's what I don't seem to understand...how are the humans,particularly Raf knows what BumbleBee is saying (Especially when he said to Jack 'Only I can come with him')...unless,BumbleBee addresses to the humans in Morse Code (Do people even know that still?)

I also think not having BB talk is piss poor writing. I don't know why, it just bugs me.

Since Orci and Kurtzman are involved in this series,I believe that it's their idea.Personally,I still wished that Keaton played him rather than being Jack.

The model for Starscream looks really schemey... and twisted. I think it works well.

I'm going to be honest here,I really enjoy this new direction to Starscream:This hunchbacked,dark schemer is reminiscent of a classic villain that could be found in Shakespeare's time,which was Starscream was loosely termed sometime in the Franchise.

And I thought Megatron sound evil, just like he should have. I would have hated if he had his G1 voice. He actually sounds exactly as he did in WFC.

I've never enjoyed Welker's voice in G1,but in Prime,he surprised me.Like Cullen,his voice is far greater in age. ;)

So far I'm a big fan of this show. They way they did these humans actually works for me, and I typically hate the humans in Transformer shows.

I'm not going to judge the humans too quickly.I'm still sceptical with them to see how they will work into the series.I would be very happy if there were like the kids in Headmasters,but that's just a dream of mine.

I LOVE the Ratchet in this show. He practically has the same personality from animated... but without the more childish tone of TFA, his character comes across really well.

There must be something wrong with me,but why does Ratchet remind me of Azimuth in Ratchet & Clank?They're not even the same Voice Actor,and this constant comparison is really throwing me off to concentrate on his character,but,that's just me.

If he does turn out to be a mad scientist or something similar it will actually fit with his G1 background better than G1 did.

One miracle at a time my boy,one miracle at a time.

Anyways,so far it's keeping my attention most of the time.I'm not going to judge the writing since this is a Five-Part Episode and I require to see the rest of them to have an 'honest' opinion on them.So,I'm going to keep quiet on how the writing is.

Nullray
11-27-2010, 04:36 PM
So far I don't seem to mind it. The idea of the Chaos bringer is the source of the Dark Energon kinda works for me. It is strange that they are blending the Movie and WFC imagery. I don't like the Prime look. Whats with the mirrors and he has a floating glass chest plate. Don't like that IMO. I agree with Bumblebee not being able to speak. Its crap. To me he has become Retardobot. I was happy when Ratchet fixed him - short lived. All in all it isn't turning out to be all that bad. It is very open ended for a Unicron battle.

Joalro
11-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Okay, people keep asking about that one kid knowing what Bumblebee is saying... that's obviously set up as a mystery. We aren't supposed to get it. The fact that other characters (the taller guy) doesn't understand bumblebee means there is something special about the kid. It's a plot point.

ARCTrooperAlpha
11-27-2010, 06:48 PM
cliffjumper = Star Trek redshirt. SWEET !!!!!!!!

prime13
11-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Am I the only one that noticed the Nemesis looks like a giant animated Starscream with extra wings?

Supernova
11-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Okay, people keep asking about that one kid knowing what Bumblebee is saying... that's obviously set up as a mystery. We aren't supposed to get it. The fact that other characters (the taller guy) doesn't understand bumblebee means there is something special about the kid. It's a plot point.

I just assumed it was one of those Stewie/Brian situations, where one understands the other, though nobody else can for no particular reason, but everyone just rolls with it anyways.

Dragon Knight
11-27-2010, 07:43 PM
I just assumed it was one of those Stewie/Brian situations, where one understands the other, though nobody else can for no particular reason, but everyone just rolls with it anyways.
I looked at more like Anakin and R2D2

Pascal
11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
I LOVED the show. Noseless robots look a bit funny but the animation is awesome, not at all what I was expecting. 5 thumbs up.

Hobbyist Prime
11-28-2010, 12:05 AM
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!

That is saying a lot because up until this point I have absolutely hated any and all transformers cartoons. They have always been very crappy and boring for me but this is nice and dark with just the right amount of humor. I love the designs and will be picking up all the toys they decide to make! I also love how epically badass they made Megatron.

My only gripe is that they need some kind of nose so they don't all look like metallic Voldemort's

Team Jetfire
11-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Team Jetfire Jr. liked it. He was pissed about Cliffy though...

Im'a watch it in a bout 10

Joalro
11-28-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm really looking forward to the Bulkhead figure. I liked animated, but i realllly hated the art design, and the figures in my mind suffered for it. But this Bulkhead looks great! Aside from the faces (which is a minor point when it comes to figures), the character designs are superb!

bedtime
11-28-2010, 01:03 AM
i really didnt think i'd like this that much, but so far i'm kind of digging it... its not as "movie" as i thought it'd be for sure anyways.

Supernova
11-28-2010, 01:27 AM
I looked at more like Anakin and R2D2

You're probably right, too. I think I just had those movies mentally blocked out. ;)

Dragon Knight
11-28-2010, 01:30 AM
You're probably right, too. I think I just had those movies mentally blocked out. ;)

I would've said Luke and R2, but it's been awhile since I last saw New Hope, don't recall if he could understand his bleeps and blips or not.

Team Jetfire
11-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Ok, watched it, loved it.

Highlights:
Great battle sequences, decent story (so far), loved that the bots actually used their vehicle modes, and the one liners
"I still feel a bit dizzy,"
"Your physician says your fine..."
Or
"And leave a note for you Mom, she worries!"

Lowlights:
Bumblebee's voice (although I give it a pass because it is clear that Ratchet is dealing with substandard tools), Still not too keen on the designs, Prime Specifically... must be the small hands...

Oh well, well done Hasbro, looking forward to more.

damian_1349
11-28-2010, 02:30 AM
absolutely epic

GMfan
11-28-2010, 02:30 AM
Honestly....

and oddly....

an overwhelming "Meh" from me...

Pretty much winded up as I expecting, nothing we haven't seen before...not that there's anything wrong with that...just...meh.

It wasn't terrible it just wasn't incredible either. Hoping we see something new in upcoming episodes but as of right now I'm still underwhelmed with the show.

CobraCommander
11-28-2010, 04:50 AM
Overall I like it... :clapping:

Good
* Megatron and Ratchet's bot modes look great, the proportions look just right and the mouth's look well suited
* Arcee's little devil wings :)
* Soundwave's head looks reminiscent of the con logo
* Human's are tolerable, I like the how the Nerdy kid gets along with BB
* I like those con car drones, they got a sexy cylon-esque appearance
* Small cast of characters, good for character development
* Action sequences are good

Bad
* Weird mouths
* Little Prime hands
* Starscream's bird-like head
* Poor Cliffy, offed way to early

Ugly
* Nerdy kid playing in the sewer?
* $5.59 for two combos? :eek: That's redonk!
* Where's all the citizens, looks barren?
* Nerdy kid looks like a young Leisure Suit Larry
* Nerdy kid needs a wheel chair :p

Rogue_Optimus
11-28-2010, 05:44 AM
stories pretty good, but what really bugs me are the faces of all the humans and prime. That oval face structure worked on other shows but with this, meh at best. Don't even get me started on BB's voice. Should have stayed away from all ties to the movies in my opinion.

Kinda liked the way they "redshirted" CJ but I'm still hoping they bring him back considering the push of CJ ads on the internet.

renegade_decepticon
12-02-2010, 03:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcJRxW949zg

No surprize it's cumonass on youtube, i laugh at him lol

GrimlockGT
12-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Dorkus Maximus!

I couldn't even watch it all. Guy looks mid thirties or older and I bet that is his bedroom at his parents house.

Joalro
12-02-2010, 08:20 AM
I don't know guys, he had some pretty fair points. Did you know you can't buy bread with transformers?

And apparently the point of transformers... is to sell toys... blew my mind!

razin
12-02-2010, 10:31 AM
I watched 30 secs of the dbag, turned it off.

Sureshot22
12-02-2010, 10:55 AM
lol what a dumbass,.

always been about selling toys ya toolbag...

Pascal
12-02-2010, 11:01 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was retardedly awesome! :p

Dragon Knight
12-02-2010, 11:12 AM
I didn't watch the whole thing, once I heard him talking about G1 I had a feeling I knew what the video was going to be about. Everyone is entitled to their own opnions and everything but...COME ON! He couldn't even give it a chance because it "Wasn't G1"? :rolleyes:

Pascal
12-02-2010, 11:41 AM
So basically, what he wants is G1 season 5 and reissues of the original toys. F*** the kids, Transformers for 35-year-old geeks living in their mom's basement!!!

Lysist
12-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I will agree with him that if the Economy keeps going down hill then there are better things that we could have spent our money on.:banghead: (such as not spending it at all)

I will totally disagree with him on Transformers: Prime vs G1. Modern shows beat anything that G1 put out hands down. There are far fewer continuity/scale errors and a plot that goes past one episode. G1 was great for it's time, but guess what puritans IT IS NOT '84 any more! ha ha ha.

I agree that it is silly to buy all of the Prime or Bee's that are put out in the past 4 years but being a completionest has always been silly so nothing new under the sun.

Nemesis Predaking
12-02-2010, 11:49 AM
No surprize it's cumonass on youtube

That's all I needed to know, to avoid watching the vid.

He's a fucktard, on par with the Amazing Atheist/Distressed Watcher.

skrilla 88
12-02-2010, 12:55 PM
He obviously doesn't have enough come on ass... Has anyone ever heard of this "Transformers Bible" he was talking about?

UltraPrimal
12-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Hahaha! What is wrong with his camera? It doesn't even want to look at this fugly cum-sucker. "Waaaaa! Why isn't this G1?:yelling: Waaaaaa! Why aren't my toys worth anything? :yelling:Waaaaaaaa! Why can't I get laid?:yelling: Waaa waaa waaa....!" :rofl:

renegade_decepticon
12-02-2010, 02:04 PM
He still can't accept the fact that the franchise is changing XD and also he says he hates hypocrites but yet he hated devastator's design and he ended up buying the supreme class figure which i saw in his previous videos LMAO

Aernaroth
12-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Everyone knows sideswipe has to be red and depth charge is a stingray.

Protoman
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Well well well Cumonass, we meet again.

Looks like he finally got his mom to direct the camera this time

Sun Swipe Prime
12-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I didn't watch the whole thing, once I heard him talking about G1 I had a feeling I knew what the video was going to be about. Everyone is entitled to their own opnions and everything but...COME ON! He couldn't even give it a chance because it "Wasn't G1"? :rolleyes:

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a stupid opinion is still a stupid opinion. :banghead: Correct me if I'm wrong, but 'The Bible' he keeps refering too, it's the G1 series bible. Meaning it's only meant to be used for the G1 cartoon. It's not the bible for all of transformers for all of eterinity. What a moron. Yeah... hasbro made G1 as a non-profit business venture. It was out of the kindness of hearts that G1 even existed. :primelaugh: They were giving away the toys. And of course everyone knows who Chip chase and Carly are... let me ask a random 10yr-old kid.... oops the kid says 'Who the Frak are they?' Talk about someone who hasn't grown up... AT ALL... He probably still thinks the CD fad won't last and VHS will make a come back. VHS is the only true way to watch things.

Magnimus
12-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Is no one else weirded out by how this series doesn't have a "start?" The Autobots are already on earth doing their thing for years. Megatron has been missing for years. Starscream has been hanging around for years.

I get that PRIME is its own canon, but what are we supposed to do? Fill in the blanks with movie origin material? G1 inspired material? None really fit comfortably.

In terms of writing, these episodes are a pretty clear step back from the quality of Animated. It's not bad (for a kid's show). Then again, Animated was pretty good (for a show, period.)

Joalro
12-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Is no one else weirded out by how this series doesn't have a "start?" The Autobots are already on earth doing their thing for years. Megatron has been missing for years. Starscream has been hanging around for years.

I get that PRIME is its own canon, but what are we supposed to do? Fill in the blanks with movie origin material? G1 inspired material? None really fit comfortably.

In terms of writing, these episodes are a pretty clear step back from the quality of Animated. It's not bad (for a kid's show). Then again, Animated was pretty good (for a show, period.)

The show starts in the middle to create mystery. If you read descriptions of the show, a huge part of it is the exploration of the history of the war, i.e. what happened before episode 1.

Also I think the writing is superb. This might start a flame war, but I'd say it's better than animated. I'm not saying animated was bad, not by any means. But this show managed to take the strong writing of Animated but remove the "kiddy" from it. The writing for animated, though strong and enjoyed by adults, IS very child oriented. This is much more adult.

TinTip
01-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Didnt see a thread for this topic yet.

Just curious if anyone else caught the premier today, and what your thoughts are on it so far.

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, the story seem to have good direction, probably due to mr. Bay not being involved. The characters also seem to have strong personalities, even if it was only the first episode.

Joalro
01-10-2011, 01:34 AM
The first five episodes aired in November in the US, and you can watch them on youtube.

Whether you choose to do that, or you wait to watch them as they air, you will discover the show simply gets better with every episode. At this moment, the question I'm wondering is will this show reach the level of Beast Wars or perhaps take it's place as the greatest transformers show ever?

Perceptor
01-10-2011, 01:40 AM
I watched the first five episodes on Youtube last week... totally awesome and I agree, each episode gets better. Episode 5 ... wow captivating in both story line and fight sequence.

brr-icy
01-10-2011, 02:19 AM
i'm still on the fence about it, can't stand some of the designs or bb beeping, miko is annoying. but bulkhead, fowler (nearer the end of the 5 parter), jack, and arcee i like so far, prime is too serious so far, we'll see how that goes

Joalro
01-10-2011, 09:37 AM
From the first five episodes, I'm honestly expecting more attention to be paid to the "annoying" things than in the movies. I expect Bumblebee's... special needs.... will be address far more than in the movie's "I haven't gotten around to fixing him yet... he's fix... or wait, no he's not". Also, I truly expect Miko to go through some character change eventually. She already showed a bit of a human side at the end of episode 4, she may end up eventually toning it down.

tusko
01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
I've only caught the first episode. I'm very encouraged by the show as there are many elements I like grounding the tone of the series. A) realistic alt modes, B) so far its a resource race for energon (which I hope remains the only McGuffin), C) disguise is a necessity.

However characters just in the first episode were fairly unsympathetic and are all trying to be too cool/tough/aloof. I guess from the above that this will improve. A solid first episode even if full of big bushy eyebrows and no noses.

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
At this moment, the question I'm wondering is will this show reach the level of Beast Wars or perhaps take it's place as the greatest transformers show ever?

I'm still giving Prime more time in order to let myself determine the answer.So far,Prime has caught some of my interest,and with Starscream's new leadership on the horizon,it gave me a reason to see the next batch of Episodes.

I agreed with Joalro that I caught the flaws far more than the benefits of Prime.Aside from making the humans far more capable than the Autobots themselves (Once again,following tradition),the characters themselves continue to lack some form of development or another (Aside from Arcee and Ratchet respectively) and it took them five whole Episodes to create well rounded characters and even compare them to their previous incarnations.I'm all in for action and everything,but,as I said with the films that Orci and Kurtzman were involved in,there is such thing as a balance.

CBII
01-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Watched the first episode last night and I'm impressed. I like way better then the animated series so far and I've only watch one episode.

Might have to check out the YouTube for the rest.

I wonder if there is going to be a toy line with this?

Maxanda
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't mind the first two episodes so far. I haven't bothered to watch the other three yet but it is turning out better than I thought it would. At the very least I find it to be intriguing. I would have to say my favourite characters so far are Megatron and especially Ratchet.

Hound
02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Not bad at all! Naturally there are things I'd have done differently, but they've done quite a bit of things right. This may turn out to be my favourite series since... well... the first one!

Won't be interested in a toy line though as I much prefer the classics/universe/generations style.