PDA

View Full Version : New G1 DVD set?

Dark Rage
07-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Hey, so I was surfing around on seibertron.com's galleries, when I noticed the ad on the side promoting a new boxset of the G1 series.

Here's the link (http://www.madman.com.au/transformers/?utm_source=Sibertron.org&utm_medium=Banner&utm_content=120x355&utm_campaign=SibertronTransformersBanner).

There's also a new collector's edition of the movie, which probably explains why the current dvd for sale is so cheap everywhere.

Maybe I haven't been reading up on all the news postings by Tony_Bacala all the time, but does anyone know if this is an Austrailian-exclusive only? Since the website's based down under, I was wondering if it'd be sold here locally.

Again, if this is old news, mods, you know what to do. Sorry about that!

Dave-astator
07-06-2007, 11:56 PM
This looks cool!

Is this an authorized release?

Code of Honor
07-07-2007, 12:58 AM
This is an Australian release, it's DVD Region 4 and PAL, so it won't work on most DVD players and TV's in Canada, or the US.

Synch
07-07-2007, 01:07 AM
ouch! :D

Dark Rage
07-07-2007, 01:22 AM
What about Computer DVD players?

I watch most of my DVDs on my computer anyways.

This seems pretty cheap for the price though, all of the G1 seasons, and some bonus features. Especially since the G1 DVD sets for North America are going for insanely high prices.

Is the Collector's Edition of the TF movie also Austrialian DVD format?

EDIT: Nvm, yes, it is Region 4 also :(

Synch
07-07-2007, 02:02 AM
just goes to show they need to put everything out again in a couple boxed sets! Season 1 & 2 in one & 3 & 4 in another. That way we could get both logos on them :D

Robimus
07-07-2007, 02:58 AM
Check out some of the cheaper DVD players on the market. I have some dvds region coded for Hongkong I couldn't play on my $150 sony dvd player that would play on my daughters $25 player bought at Walmart. Sure enuogh I checked the box from her DVD player and it says it plays all regions.