PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Slag Episode 42 - Slaggers! TERRORIZE!!!

GMfan
11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
In this Halloween themed episode of Canadian Slag we decided to revive the dead...in a manner of speaking, see last year this once recorded episode was lost in the abyss of cyberspace, and now it has been re-recorded and returned for your listening pleasure...due to the nature of what was discussed, you can see why it took a year before we could do it again. Learn about some official and unofficial Transformers costumes, as well as some unconventional alternate mode Transformers in our Monster Transformers discussion. Get to know fan favourite Beastie Cheetor and find some appreciation for the Pretenders in Damn! I wish I designed that!

PS: Enjoy the uncensored fun ;)

Episode 42 - Slaggers! TERRORIZE!!! (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2042%20-%20Slaggers%21%20TERRORIZE%21%21%21.mp3)
Host: Chris w/ Daniel, and Gord
- Halloween Special: Transformer Costumes
- Monster Transformers
- Getting to know Chettor
- Damn I wished I designed that! Pretenders

DOWNLOAD NOW! (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2042%20-%20Slaggers%21%20TERRORIZE%21%21%21.mp3)
(Click the link to play in browser or right click and save if you wish to download outside of iTunes)

RATE AND REVIEW US ON iTUNES! (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cybertron-ca-canadian-transformers/id337471858)

Stapler
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
I've been wondering if you guys would do something for Halloween. It sounds like a fun episode and I'll be sure to listen to it later. :)

bedtime
11-03-2010, 04:53 PM
its not showing up in itunes yet! i'm upset!

Mighty_Galvatron
11-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Not another remake...

STI 2NV
11-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Ha Ha I was going to say the same thing. I do not see it on Itunes either.

GMfan
11-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Odd...didn't save my original settings...should be up now/soon

Nocturn
11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Who's "Chettor"?

GMfan
11-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Yo mama

CyberMnky
11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Who's "Chettor"?

Yo mama

Perfect set of quotes to make my day better... going home to listen to the episode now

Nocturn
11-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I just don't know why he refuses to correct his typos... laziest moderator, more like it

wait it doesn't even say superist anymore... I'm so lost

TMIIWonkoNemises
11-03-2010, 10:39 PM
wait it doesn't even say superist anymore... I'm so lost

I believe bad grammar is now replaced by bad spelling,at least that's my theory anyways.

Moving on.

You know what is the irony here,I've never heard Thriller used on Halloween this year until this very very Podcast.Weird,isn't it?

Oh man,those Horrorcons sound so awesome.Another broken promise from the heartbreakers that are Hasbro.:P

Hmm,Animated costumes,hmm,must have missed that one.

Thanks for the info on the Pretenders.I would love to see a remake of those toys one day,but it's unfortunate about their fates nowadays.

Cheetor actually did flew in Nemesis,Part I,however,it was Bob Forward who wrote Part I.Furman only wrote Part II.Anyways,I knew Cheetor had a significance in the Transformers world,but I never knew that he had a grand significance in terms of toys...hmm,who knew :)

My one regret was skipping the original Night Slash Cheetor back in TFCon 08,but I got the Universe version in 09....not one of my best toy or buying decisions ever.Either way,there are a couple of Cheetors that I still have to grab (The Titanium for one),thanks for the extra toy information guys.

Oh TransTech,I've been faithful since I've heard it,still faithful that it can happen.Guess anything can be possible.

Once again,nice Episode boys,even if it is a lost Episode remake.

Final Note/Rant:NO!Not that f-ing stupid Birthday PayPal plan again.It wasn't cool then,never will be now.Okay I'm done.

Stapler
11-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Good episode, guys! I enjoyed the getting to know about Cheetor more than I thought I would and I loved the stuff on the pretenders. I still keep an eye open for Snarler and Carnivak because I just fell in love with them when I read the Marvel comic that they first appeared in as a kid. :)

Robimus
11-04-2010, 01:05 AM
We had our first Transformers Cosplayer at C4 this year. He had a Prime Suit, and Trailer, and Transformed.

It was pretty cool. I'll have to dig up a picture.

I really want to make a Drift costume(not for me though) for next years Con.

Edit: Here he is:;

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/C4%202010/Prime.jpg

Stapler
11-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Forgot to mention that I loved the love you gave to Universe 1.0 Repugnus. I love that toy and keep it on my Classics shelf. :)

I also liked the look back at the T's with monster modes. I'm actually kinda surprised that you didn't include the Seacons. I always thought of them more as sea monsters than strait-up aquatic animal modes. ;)

GMfan
11-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Forgot to mention that I loved the love you gave to Universe 1.0 Repugnus. I love that toy and keep it on my Classics shelf. :)

I also liked the look back at the T's with monster modes. I'm actually kinda surprised that you didn't include the Seacons. I always thought of them more as sea monsters than strait-up aquatic animal modes. ;)

I know in the original recording I did but the more I thought of it the majority of them do have animal mode based on actual animals...so I kinda mulled them but ya, in a way they too are monsters ;)

Protoman
11-04-2010, 08:47 PM

It's one of those cases that it's a little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. So we pretty much when with stuff that is STRAIGHT UP monsters... cause I mean like... look at the Headmaster Jrs the Decepticons had in Masterforce.

Stapler
11-05-2010, 12:57 PM
It's one of those cases that it's a little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. So we pretty much when with stuff that is STRAIGHT UP monsters... cause I mean like... look at the Headmaster Jrs the Decepticons had in Masterforce.

That makes sense. So has anyone ever managed to figure out just what exactly Blot is supposed to be?

Protoman
11-07-2010, 02:59 AM
That makes sense. So has anyone ever managed to figure out just what exactly Blot is supposed to be?

He always came off as a robotic japanese kaiju monster similar to Cyborg Pandon of Ultraseven for example.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/blot_terrorcon/blotsig.jpg

RageD
11-11-2010, 01:48 AM
This was the first Episode I listened to and I really enjoyed it! Had it playing while I was working and it helped pass the time.
Keep up the good work guys!

Cheers Ian
11-11-2010, 08:57 AM
You guys forgot to bleep out an F-word.

Such a potty mouth that GMFan.

GMfan
11-11-2010, 09:16 AM
I said it was a bonus uncensored episode!!
...mainly because I didn't have much time to edit this episode and said fuck it :P

Ps: how's about that new animated Cheetor? Slag guest Derrick Wyatt designed and every thing!

Looks awesome but I'm hoping it isn't more then $90

Cheers Ian
11-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Ps: how's about that new animated Cheetor? Slag guest Derrick Wyatt designed and every thing!

Looks awesome but I'm hoping it isn't more then $90

I friggin' love it.

Now who's gonna be a Pal and order one from the club store for me when they come available?

Also, I gotta say I really dig Pretenders too. They were the "hot" item when I was younger, I missed most the early stuff I mostly remember the 86-88 items.

I can remember my mom telling me about the Animal Pretenders when they were on a trip in Montreal. They were in a window of a toy store but the toy store wasn't opened on the weekend they were there. Over 20 years later I finally got a Carnivac my mom wanted to get for me.

Plus, who doesn't love Spider Bandito?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070921204642/transformers/images/9/95/DoublePretenders.jpg

Protoman
11-12-2010, 02:06 AM
Let us compare past deluxe sized club store bought exclusives:

2007 Chromia 10 Pilot (Airazor) - $42 (2000 made)
2008 Nightbeat - $48 (1500 made)
2010 Punch/Counterpuch - $58 (1800 made, later another 300)
2010 SG Cyclonus - $44 (1500 made)

Funny thing is all had the same box concept (mid sized, foam insert, ect). They all had remolded heads (cept Cyclonus) and yet the prices jumps all over the place. Assuming character effects the price and not size class (ie price point) and number of the figure produced.

Final conclusion?

We have G2 Ramjet (Deluxe, no remold) and Transtech Cheetor (Deluxe, Remold).

Cheetor is a heavy hitter name and character..... so I think he will coast around that Punch/Counterpunch price point... which is a shame on the wallet but a reality.

Mighty_Galvatron
11-15-2010, 07:13 PM
A VERY informative episode for me.

Time too look into some Pretenders...:argh:

Protoman
11-15-2010, 08:34 PM
A VERY informative episode for me.

Time too look into some Pretenders...:argh:

It's easily one of the cheapest G1 TFs to buy (Unless we are talking a complete Bludgeon or Thunderwing)

Mighty_Galvatron
11-17-2010, 06:40 PM
It's easily one of the cheapest G1 TFs to buy

Excellent.

The 12th Prime
12-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Hey guys I wanted to write this for a while and just say thanks for all the info you all have provided and putting it into an easy accessible place like itunes and here. I listen to the podcasts on my ipod while I'm working and I have listened to all of them backwards (lol) from this episode to episode 22. I just missed episode 21 by a few days, darn. I really enjoy listening to what you guys have to say and how you present it. Anyways keep up the great work and thanks for the education.

P.S I wanted to make a request for a getting to know segment for Prowl if you haven't already done that in the first 21 podcasts and to take the heat off Metroplex79.

GMfan
01-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey guys I wanted to write this for a while and just say thanks for all the info you all have provided and putting it into an easy accessible place like itunes and here. I listen to the podcasts on my ipod while I'm working and I have listened to all of them backwards (lol) from this episode to episode 22. I just missed episode 21 by a few days, darn. I really enjoy listening to what you guys have to say and how you present it. Anyways keep up the great work and thanks for the education.

P.S I wanted to make a request for a getting to know segment for Prowl if you haven't already done that in the first 21 podcasts and to take the heat off Metroplex79.

Ya...I don't know why the older episodes get removed from iTunes after a year...BUT you can still DL them off this site and listen to them.

As for Prowl...that's an episode on it's own... :P

Other then Optimus Prime and Megatron, Prowl is like the 3rd most used Transformers name. Right up there with Starscream, and oddly...Mirage?!

powerprime
01-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Is Canadian Slag no longer or just taking a few months off until there is something to slag. If the show is canceled it will be missed by thousands of fans.

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Is Canadian Slag no longer or just taking a few months off until there is something to slag. If the show is canceled it will be missed by thousands of fans.

There's pretty much going to be a new Episode,why it's been delayed so long is due to everyone being busy with things.Not to worry,Slag will pick up soon ;)