PDA

View Full Version : Sidearm Sideswipe Pictorial Comparison

Perceptor
10-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Comparing ROTF Sideswipe vs. HFTD Sidearm Sideswipe, IMO:
Alt Mode:
ROTF Sideswipe looks much cleaner and the wheels are nicely painted. Sidearm version has too many lines running thru the body separating the panels.
Robot Mode:
Sidearm Sideswipe is an improvement in terms of transformation and sleekness vs. its the original version. Sidearm is more fun to transform and is more stable on its legs. Backpack is smaller, "feet" are more movie accurate. The "swords" of the original figure seems bulky next to Sidearm's weapons.
I am glad I got Sidearm. Between the two I like him more. He's definitely worth picking up at Walmart's rolled back price even if you have the original.

zuffyprime
10-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Great review ;)
love the comparison pics, thanks!

Bruticus82
10-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Yes, nice comparison indeed! I picked up a sidearm sideswipe, but I haven't opened him yet.

I should get around to that.

GMfan
11-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Actually the instructions are missing a step, rotate at the ankles 180 degrees so the wheels are now inwards. Also you can now put the front of his "foot" in and it give him more of a wheel feet look just balancing on his heels.

Great toy just wish he had knees, a better way for the head to tuck in, and painted in tail lights...maybe some optional sword attachments...otherwise he's the most accurate transformation for Sideswipe yet.

Pascal
11-01-2010, 12:38 AM
I'm waiting for the Takara version, it's going to rock. I love the transformation of that mold.

Team Jetfire
11-01-2010, 12:43 PM
The new Sideswipe, mould wise, looks very cool. Shame about the stupid paint and lack of swords. I still will pick this guy up as I am a sucker for vehical mode.

Autobot Hound
11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
are the guns swappable with the first sideswipe??

Prowl_2009
11-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Nice review! Informative yet simple. ;)

Really wouldn't mind grabbing this guy at the Rollback price! :D

Perceptor
11-02-2010, 11:33 PM
are the guns swappable with the first sideswipe??

No, I tried but the first sideswipe can't hold the guns without risking breaking his thumb off.

Actually the instructions are missing a step, rotate at the ankles 180 degrees so the wheels are now inwards. Also you can now put the front of his "foot" in and it give him more of a wheel feet look just balancing on his heels.

Thanks for pointing that out... see attached new pics of him with this improvment. ;)

Stapler
11-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Very nice work with the comparison. :) I think I'll pass on this guy but I'll be sure to buy a Swerve repaint if they make one.