PDA

View Full Version : My PP01 Faith Leader V2 Review

Autobot_Lancer
10-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Here are my final thought as i don't think i covered it in the review.

The figure over all is amazing it's in perfect scale with the other MP's, at first it almost seemed odd having him on display with my other MP figures but that's because were so used to this massivley over sized MP prime.

The quality of the plastic does how ever worry me, I'm in fear of if he falls off my shelf he may break, this could be also due to the fact that I'm so used to the di-cast on the other MP prime. There are some area's that could use some impovement as in the head it pop's off way to easy and the other 2 heads that came with it don't actually fit on the ball joint on prime (maybe it's just mine) and I didn't want to force it.

Overall It's a great figure and I highly recommend this to any one who is looking for an In scale MP prime and who is useing it for DISPLAY PURPOSE ONLY, this is not a figure to be playing with .

Here is My review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPy3kP4vGvg

For anything I didn't cover please let me know and I'll help you out best I can

Autobot Hound
10-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Cool mini review read Autobot Lancer. I'll have to add you on my PSN.
Ya im more curious than excited to be getting my Faith Leader soon. I've also heard the same about the plastic feeling weak but that could be because we're so used to the heavy die cast.
Looking forward to the vid review. Man i hope i get mine soon.

Autobot_Lancer
10-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Glad you liked my writen review be sure to check out the video review as it has now been posted up on my channel, Link to the video is up in the first post.

Autobot Hound
10-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Just watched the video review. Good stuff. I think ur cam picked up the flimsy plastic a bit more better than other vids i've seen which is really good. Only reason i mention the plastic a lot is because im a maximum TF playtime type of person. I transform, especially figs i love, waaay too much. Im not the type to do the "display only". Im horrible to my TF's sometimes lolzzz!!! But it's all out of love hehehe!
Was good to see all the accessories he comes with. Accessories rock!!! I didn't know this came with another rifle to classics prime? Nice!! more guns for him!!

I know he's more of a Masterpiece scale but i think im going to put him with my Classics/Henkei line up.

Is the plastic like MP Starscream plastic or more like model Gundam plastic?

Autobot_Lancer
10-28-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't have a model gundam kit but It's no were near the MP starscream plastic and not quite to par with the fansproject plastic. I'm glad to hear you liked the review.

chans formers
10-28-2010, 11:52 PM
nice review!!!!
it literally is a scaled down copy of mpprime.
i like how the rifle actually fits classics prime.
the only thing that struck me as odd was that you called classics prime a "deluxe"in the beginning.:p

still though,as cool as this review is,i don't know if i want this guy.
have you actually managed to switch the heads yet?in the vid,when you tried to stick orion's head on and i heard the noise,i thought the neck balljoint just snapped:eek:

Autobot_Lancer
10-29-2010, 12:14 AM
opps i didn't realize I called him a deluxe, thanks for pointing that out.

As for the head I tried again but it wont go on and I'm not going to force it. I thought I broke the ball joint my self and after I tried again it just did the same thing so I called Game over and let it be.

Glad you liked the review.

Autobot Hound
11-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Cracked mine open on the weekend. I decided to keep him and totally glad i made that desicion. He is not as tall as i thought he would be in person, which is PERFECT! He really goes well with my Classics line up. WOOOW!!
But just like his MP counterpart i have THE hardest time keeping his rifle tight in his hands. i was hoping they would have tabs like the Bruticus add ons. Oh well. clear elastics it is.
This mini MP Prime is highly highly recommended!!!:primelaugh:

Autobot_Lancer
11-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Ya it's taken me a bit to adjust to his size differnce in the 2 MP primes, but i noticed if you put him beside the other MP line he looks in size but if he's on his own he seems so small

Pascal
11-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Can you post a picture with the Orion Pax head installed?

Autobot Hound
11-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Ya it's taken me a bit to adjust to his size differnce in the 2 MP primes, but i noticed if you put him beside the other MP line he looks in size but if he's on his own he seems so small

So true! Seems small on his own but fits tall and well with the other MP's.

Autobot_Lancer
11-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Can you post a picture with the Orion Pax head installed?

I haven't been able to get it to fit without fear of breaking