PDA

View Full Version : Which transformers figuers from the movie are must have?

protoform_ironhide
07-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi, everyone, i am a noob to transformers stuff. I am going to start collecting now after watching the movie, so am I too late? I got my first transformer yesterday, which is Optimus Prime and Megatron from the movie. I see some other movie figuers which aren't in the movie. Like a cell phone like and Binoculars like ones. There is some like swindle and wreckage...what are they? Are those neccessary to collect if I start collect now? I am thinking of buying more later like Starscream, Ironhide, and the hummer guy.

Super_Megatron
07-04-2007, 01:26 PM
You only have to collect what you like. They have made toys of other characters that are in the video game, if you want to buy them that's up to you.

QuadESL63
07-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Yes, get the one that you like the best ;)

protoform_ironhide
07-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok. Because my friend said some I must get, so I am just wondering. I was watching the movie, and there the Helicopter guy looks very huge. I forgot his name, why does it look so tiny compare to the movie? I don't think I want that one. I thought he should be the same size like Optimus Prime. Is there a big one for that Helicopter guy?

dak
07-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Blackout is only that size cause hasbro had to make decepticons fit all size classes. If they were to be 100% in scale a lot of them would be in the leader size, and only 2 in the deluxe size. All the autobots are in scale with eachother. And I take back my statement in another thread about Leader Prime being too big. Prime is actually that big compared to the others. Hasbro is talking and working on getting some larger decapticons, just like they have done with Brawl. but overall, the autobots are in scale with each other, and not in scale with SOME of the decepticons.

IMO, if you are a fan of the movie, and you are just getting toys because of the movie, I suggest getting all the ones that appeared in the film. The "extra" characters are optional. They are really cool, but only ones to purchace if you think they are really cool. Wreckage I like cause he has a cool bot mode, and he was actually in the running to be in the film.

But in the end, it's all up to you. Get the ones you like, or go for the entire line!

Protoman
07-04-2007, 04:03 PM
In terms of quality (and I bought it all despite a lot of that), I suggest Leader Prime, Deluxe Barricade, Voyager Blackout, Ratchet, Ironhide and Starscream. Megatron is a hard buy in any level. Also some figures I love due to their charm but others might disagree...... so while I love Boncrusher, others might not.

protoform_ironhide
07-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes, that Bonecrasher guy should be same size as Optimus Prime right? Or maybe just a little bit smaller? The toy is again, too small. There is this Devastator guy, the figure has wrong name, and I think he is also way bigger than Bumblebee. I actually like the Helicopter guy a lot, but he is just too small. Remember the beginning when he just came out? He is very cool, he shoots a cannon, everything around him just blow up! And he also got missiles, that part in the movie amazed me!! And now that is what I call a Devastator, haha. I am going to learn more transformers stuff, and hopefully I will keep collecting the other ones that comes out after the movie.

dak
07-04-2007, 04:42 PM
the characters name is actually called Brawl, it was an error in the movie. that toy is getting an upgrade to a tank with a robot mode the size of optimus. Hasbro is in metings this week to see if they want to make Bonecrusher in a voyager class, and maybe some other characters larger.

protoform_ironhide
07-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Thank you, dak!! Now i am so excited about Devastator/Brawl!!!! I must buy it! So as Bonecrasher if it is going to be a medium size! Hope they will make Helicopter into big big one like Optimus Prime! Then Hasbro shall deserve my money.

Aernaroth
07-04-2007, 07:19 PM
You might also want to check out the really small "legends" scale ones. The detail isn't really there, but they're tiny, and especially in the case of barricade, pretty well done for their size.

protoform_ironhide
07-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Aernaroth, greetings. I know which ones you talk about, they look neat. But I prefer something as detail as those "voyeger" and Leaders! They are just too cool! >_<

So where is this Swindle guy comes from? That red car? He looks ugly, haha.

dak
07-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Swindle and a few other that will show up are drones found in the new TF game. Next year there will be more vehicals from the movie that are just general military cars and planes you see in the movie.

C_Shewins
07-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I would say Leader Prime and Leader Megatron are MUST have. They are highly detailed + they are the main guys. It is good you already got both. The rest is for you to decide either getting them or not. Good luck on your hunt :)

Pascal
07-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Must have :

-Leader Prime
-Leader Megatron
-Leader Brawl
-Voyager Ratchet
-Voyager Ironhide
-Voyager Starscream
-Voyager Blackout
-Deluxe '08 Bumblebee
-Deluxe Jazz
-Deluxe Bonecrusher
-Deluxe Barricade
-Deluxe Dropkick

yuppa
07-04-2007, 09:17 PM
must have :
leader prime
voyager megatron
deluxe bonecrusher

nice to have:
leader megatron
voyager ironhide
voyager starscream
deluxe '08 bumblebee

RedOktobre
07-04-2007, 10:58 PM
RedOktobre's "must haves" (in no particular order)
- Robo-Vision Optimus Prime (or Voyager version)
- "First Encounter" (Bumblebee & Barricade)
- Deluxe '08 Bumblebee
- "Desert Attack" (Blackout & Scorponok)

RedOktobre's "nice to haves"
- Leader Optimus Prime
- Leader Brawl
- Ultimate Bumblebee
- Unleashed Bumblebee
- Voyager Megatron
- Voyager Starscream
- Voyager Ironhide
- 3" Titanium Optimus Prime
- 3" Titanium Bumblee
- 3" Titanium Blackout
- Deluxe Bonecrusher
- Deluxe Wreckage
- Deluxe Brawl

RedOktobre's "only if you're rich" list
- Leader Megatron
- Voyager Ratchet
- Deluxe Dreadwing
- Legends class
- "Authentic" Robot Replicas

RedOktobre's "good to avoid"
- Real Gear
- Deluxe Protoforms
- "Fast Action" Battlers
- "Role Play" Transformers (Helmet, water guns, etc)
- "Cyber Slammers"
- Plush Transformers
- Deluxe Swindle

"Disclaimer" :D
The writer assumes absolutely no responsibility for the above list. The above mentioned list is based on RedOktobre's preferences, biases, collecting tendencies, etc. A typical TF collector may not achieve RedOktobre's level of happiness and enjoyment from adhering to the above mentioned list.

dak
07-04-2007, 11:42 PM
I disagree on the Realgears. I think SOME of them are good. the one that looks like Lazerbeak, the binoculars and the camcorder. The game controler is going to be cool too.

In Flames
07-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I disagree on the Realgears. I think SOME of them are good. the one that looks like Lazerbeak, the binoculars and the camcorder. The game controler is going to be cool too.

Speaking of Real Gears, are the Game Controller and Watch out yet? Those are the only ones i was planning on getting.

Back on topic. Out of all the ones I've got, I'd say get Ratchet, Starscream, and Jazz. Avoid the current Bumblebee, as he is very breakable, and Barricade (he has chicken legs, only in a bad way.) Keep in mind you may have different tastes, so just go with your gut feeling when you see them in the store.

jacobot
07-05-2007, 07:24 PM
the LEADER:cool: ........... O P T I M U S P R I M E

the BAD GUY:mad: ..........M E G A T R O N

Razorwing
07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
This is easy. From Unreleased to released.

Leader/Voyager Optimus Prime ( Get either one or both)

Leader/Voyager Megatron ( Either or both )

Leader/Voyager Blackout (either or both)

DLX Bumblebee '08

Leader/DLX BoneCrusher (either or both)

Leader/DLX Brawl (either or both)

DLX Jazz

DLX Barricade

Voyager Ironhide

DLX Scorponok

Voyager Ratchet (gold ver.)

RedOktobre
07-05-2007, 09:41 PM
This is easy. From Unreleased to released.

Leader/Voyager Optimus Prime ( Get either one or both)

Leader/Voyager Megatron ( Either or both )

DLX Bumblebee '08

Leader/DLX Brawl (either or both)

DLX Jazz

DLX Barricade

Voyager Ironhide

DLX Scorponok

Voyager Ratchet (gold ver.)

Hey Razorwing,

I pretty much agree with your suggestions; however, I would like to make the following modifications:

Delete:
DLX Jazz

Add:
Voyager Starscream
3" Titanium Optimus Prime
3" Titanium Bumblebee
3" Titanium Blackout

SPLIT LIP
07-05-2007, 09:48 PM

They haven`t even confirmed those yet.

Razorwing
07-05-2007, 11:32 PM
They haven`t even confirmed those yet.

yeah, but a man can hope can't he? lol.

oh yeah, and DLX Jazz is all we've got now for Jazz. Maybe Final Battle Jazz, which is just a repaint. Oh and I just don't like the Design for Starscream, so I'm gonna go ahead and just not get him. Although the titainiums are just miniature statues right? they don't really transform or anything?

jourdo
07-05-2007, 11:55 PM
My only must have so far has been Leader Optimus Prime.

I've picked up all of the released real gear so far, but wouldn't call them must have. Same with Deluxe Barricade (good, but not absolutely necessary).

After seeing the movie, my desire to pick up more movie toys has increased, but I'm trying to be good here.

GMfan
07-06-2007, 12:29 AM
I like them all but each one has an obvious flaw. Then again figures outside of the movie has flaws too so you take your chances with each figure you get.

dak
07-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Speaking of Real Gears, are the Game Controller and Watch out yet? Those are the only ones i was planning on getting.

no :(

protoform_ironhide
07-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Ok! I just got myself an ironhide, a Green Hummer Guy and a starscream, wahahahaha They are nothing compare to the Leader Class Optimus Prime and Megatron, but still good for their price! Now I just hope there is a Leader Blackout >_<

Now I don't know if I should get the deluxe bumblebee. Everyone says he is no good???

SPLIT LIP
07-06-2007, 05:07 PM
yeah, but a man can hope can't he? lol.

oh yeah, and DLX Jazz is all we've got now for Jazz. Maybe Final Battle Jazz, which is just a repaint.
FB Jazz is not a repaint. He's remolded with battle damage and has an all new weapon.

SPLIT LIP
07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Now I don't know if I should get the deluxe bumblebee. Everyone says he is no good???
Bumblebee is great! He has an awesome vehicle mode and a very poseable and detailed bot mode. I highly recommend him.

skrilla 88
07-06-2007, 07:30 PM
There are a couple of movie figures im thinking of getting but i dont know if they'll be good.Is werckage any good cuz some guy from tfwire said that there was an isusue with the automorph and he gave him a 5 out of 10 and this same guy gave classics grimlock a low grade because of the arm issues and how they dont stay in place and i have this figure and i have no problems with it and he also gave austobot jazz a 4 out 10 because...hes just a hater >.>

so basically i just wanna know if jazz and wreckage is worth buying.And is final battle jazz out in canada?

A_U_T_O_B_O_T
07-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Bumblebee is great! He has an awesome vehicle mode and a very poseable and detailed bot mode. I highly recommend him.

Before I saw the movie I thought Bumblebee looked awful, but now he's number 1 on my list to buy. Good thing today is payday:p.

C_Shewins
07-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Ok! I just got myself an ironhide, a Green Hummer Guy and a starscream, wahahahaha They are nothing compare to the Leader Class Optimus Prime and Megatron, but still good for their price! Now I just hope there is a Leader Blackout >_<

Congrad on your hunt.
I think Bumblebee is good, but some people on this forum are saying that they have problems with it. I don't have a problem with it.

Synch
07-07-2007, 02:12 AM
I think all the movie toys suck compared to the movie it self so if you pick one up it should be based on who you like best! In other words the main cast like BB op megs ect!

Or be prepared to keep them in there ALT modes just so that they look decent enough for display anyways :)

General Tekno
07-07-2007, 05:01 PM
The movie toys are all sweet.

I've almost got the entire main cast now - I just need Ratchet (I've held off on him as he's a shelfwarmer and I wanted to prioritise other figures) and Megatron (waiting for him to get cheaper- with the paintscheme and altmode I can't justify full price).

Starscream, Leader Prime, Bonecrusher and Blackout are my faves so far.

Razorwing
07-07-2007, 11:52 PM
The movie toys are all sweet.

I've almost got the entire main cast now - I just need Ratchet (I've held off on him as he's a shelfwarmer and I wanted to prioritise other figures) and Megatron (waiting for him to get cheaper- with the paintscheme and altmode I can't justify full price).

Starscream, Leader Prime, Bonecrusher and Blackout are my faves so far.
isn't there a re-paint coming out for Ratchet? not the G1, but a gold one.

GMfan
07-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Yes there is one but its not a repaint per say but a variant thrown in the mix. I found one I was considering getting but the doors were's the same gold to match and looked really wrong.

Autovolt 127
07-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Spyshot is Defentiley,Well i only have him, Voyager Ratchet and FAB Star Scream.