PDA

View Full Version : What are you're thoughts for a sequel? (Spoilers)

ohnaji
07-03-2007, 03:47 AM
Many of us have seen the film already. While it's still fresh on everyones mind I figure I'd start the ball rolling on a sequel discussion.
What would you like to see for a follow up? I read somewhere that the producers changed Megatron's head design due to fan reaction. Maybe collectively as fans we could influence the creative decisions for Transformers 2.
Personally, I want Megs back (I'm sure he'll be back). The reasons for his character betraying Optimus is steeped in mystery. I'm thinking a certain planet eating Transformer had something to do with it. (Where was Starscream flying off to?....hmmmm)
I hope the core Autobots are developed more. Maybe one of them will rise to greatness like Hot Rod did in the original film. Although I hope to never see that character in live action form. Bumblebee seems to fit that role more anyway.
While we're at it I'd like to have Cronstructicons as a sidedish with Dinobots for dessert.
Speculate away.

skrilla 88
07-03-2007, 04:34 AM
beasties live action movie...

devilsknight
07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe this could play into the sequel...but why did Optimus Prime call Megatron his brother ?!

Did anyone else notice that ?! Is it cause their Cybertronians or in fact brother !?

Soundwave, Shockwave, Dinobots and Devastator would be key to an all out battle royale !

Scrapper6
07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
My desires for a sequel are nothing, absolutely nothing; if you build up what the ideal sequel would be like in your mind then you'll only be dissapointed when it fails to reach that expectation.

My only real hope is that all the Decepticons in this film will return, revealing to the audience that killing them off isn't as easy as this film would make it appear.

Robimus
07-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Megs is just shorted out and dragged from the sea by a rouge nation trying to steal his technology, thus waking him up.
The nation could be North Korea, Iran or Karbombia led by Abdul Faquotti!!!
New characters would hopefully be more of the Seekers, Grimlock with a cameo from the other Dinobots, and Shockwave. I'd love Soundwave too but I can't see how they would fit him in. Maybe his protoform could crash near an antique store or something......And if they were so worried about huge robots not being able to transform into small items why have the Allspark shift from the size of a house to the size of a football?????

darthrage
07-03-2007, 01:27 PM
This is what I want to see:

- Galvatron
- Soundwave
- A Transforming Ferrari (its a Michael Bay movie after all)
- A Transforming Toyota Supra (the definition of Japanese muscle car)
- A Combiner (preferrably Constructicons)
- A single Dinobot (preferrably Grimlock)
- more screen time and back story with Decepticons
- less Decepticon fodder (more lead evil characters)
- a major car chase scene at top speed on a free way involving 2 or 3 fast cars which start as cars, and then transform into robots, while at top speed and then finish off as a car.
- An autobot Jet (like Jetfire)
- More screentime for Ironhide (I wanna see how badassed he really is)

QuadESL63
07-03-2007, 02:06 PM
(1) All the deads stay dead as I don't want to see any "miracles"; I want Megatron stay dead, too, but his spark "escaped" before the Allspark destroyed his body and has been "transfered" to a new body.

(2) Explained where Starscream headed off to and why Megatron said he has failed him *again* in the movie

(3) Death of Starscream... killed off by the new Decepticon leader w/ Megatron spark (Galvatron? :D )

(4) Dinobots

(5) Wheeljack (hey! Lancia has a new Stratos concept out so Wheeljack can be a Stratos again instead of some ugly GM cars)

(6) More seekers... may be even combiners

(7) More combat sequences for Ironhide! I couldn't see enough! He is so awesome!

(8) Less product placements... don't want to see any Mountain Dew-bot or XBox 360-bot anymore :)

(9) More screen time for Megan Fox :p :D

GMfan
07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
When Don Murphy came to TFcon the year before he said that they would really like to put Soundwave in the sequal and that Hasbro had even had transforming CDs (for laserbeak, ravage, etc.) incase they make him a CD player. Another thought they had was that his minions would come out of parts of him (ie a section of an arm/leg would become ravage). Sounds interesting but I don't think it would work for him. I also read else where that DeSanto wanted to see the dinobots and constructicons in the next film. Hopefully in the DVD release of the first film they fix that devestator typo so we can still call the combined form of the constructicons by his true name. (Though they could always just combine and not even say their name and just leave it for the toy...I mean I don't think they even mentioned Frenzy's name in the film...)

Protoman
07-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Here is how I see it.

- Due to the Allspark's immense power connecting with Megatron, before reaching the ocean depths is reactivated and transformed into Galvatron (similar to how Frenzy got a revived body from the Allspark but more)

- Prime took a shard of the Allspark and will fashion something like the matrix of leadership with it

- Sector 7 already made the Dinobots (It was one of their experiements, just like the celphone example, them missing with stuff). They were given life from Sector 7 messing with DNA and fossils. They are found, deactivated when Sector 7 is officially being shut down.

- Starscream is going back to Cybertron to get reinforments, aka the Constructicons.

- Jazz stays dead. Barricade is dead (The novel said so), but Scorponok is still on the loose.

That's my 2 cents.

Synch
07-04-2007, 01:48 AM
My thoughts

Less focus on the humans aside from sam family & co perhaps the army team from tne last movie...

& more focus on the robots and fighting, now that the intro cra* is out of the way they can do a lot more in the next flick!

& I'd love to see combiners... the thought of movie combiners scares the $&** out of me haha

C_Shewins
07-04-2007, 01:56 AM
My thoughts

Less focus on the humans aside from sam family & co perhaps the army team from tne last movie...

& more focus on the robots and fighting, now that the intro cra* is out of the way they can do a lot more in the next flick!
:eek: :eek: Are you my coworker?? j/k That is what he exactly told me today, LOL

Tech Spec
07-04-2007, 07:16 AM
the sequel will end with Unicron flying in space to prep us for TFTM 3

Synch
07-04-2007, 01:00 PM
That would be quite lame considering cybertron is still toast and we have not seen anything of the planet yet...

They still have to...

#1 Show more of cybertron
#2 make the planet liveable again

Both things they can not do in one movie alone... It would be quite lame if we do have unicron shoved at as so early

the sequel will end with Unicron flying in space to prep us for TFTM 3

Paradigm-Shift Prime
07-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Some actual character development for the bots and better animated action scenes.

ohnaji
07-09-2007, 06:19 AM
Now that I had a week to digest everything and after seeing it twice, I'm wondering what type of theme could be explored for the sequel. The idea of something or someone being 'more than meets than eye' is the prevailing motif that is constantly brought up throughout the movie...heck, it's the last line in the film.
For the sequel, I think the theme of evolution could make the story compelling. The Autobots are going to make earth their new home, so how will they evolve to fit in other than the obvious. Humans too must change, at least the ones that are informed anyway. They have to deal with new guests. The Decepticons are without a leader, so that faction must adapt or fall into anarchy.
There are so many possibilities for the follow up. I'm curious to know of some other ideas for the sequel. It's obvious the story has to move beyond 'more than meets the eye'.

Tech Spec
07-09-2007, 08:55 AM
That would be quite lame considering cybertron is still toast and we have not seen anything of the planet yet...

They still have to...

#1 Show more of cybertron
#2 make the planet liveable again

Both things they can not do in one movie alone... It would be quite lame if we do have unicron shoved at as so early

Unicron shown at the end of TFTM II how can that be too early? This will prepare everyone for PT III.

StarwarsTF
07-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Ok did anyone notice the amount of the usage of the word "NO" in this film I believe every character used it and the writers were getting lazy. Secondly "more then meets the eye" was used a million times also, lazy writing once again.

Secondly poor Jazz. Though it showed me the strength of Megatron. I think Starscream flew back to the Nemesis. (i haven't finished "ghost of yesterday" yet!) Dinobots should come into the sequel but will snarl be involved seeing he was dropped from the movie in the 80's?? (possible Dinobot from beast wars? Instead of G1.)

Finally how can the constructicons be introduced if Brawl's name was changed to Devastator?? Did anyone notice and yell WTF!!!!!

Finally seeing that this movie was based off of GM and U.S military expect to see Autobots Hound and the Arielbots to come. For the Decepticons look for insecticons (made by sector seven) and Bruticus/Menasor.

protoform_ironhide
07-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi! Greetings again! I have learned more stuff about transformers lately! I am a noob, just start on transformers stuff lately. I got the feeling that piece which left has a chance to be the matrix for Optimus Prime?! Maybe they can put that in for the main thing for a sequel?? Use it to defeat Megatron or Galvatron??? Because Megatron seems way stronger than Optimus in the movie!!

Robimus
07-13-2007, 12:34 AM
I was just glancing at TFW2005 and there is an interveiw with the actor that voiced Bumblebee in the movie.
He said he just had finished work on a prequel for the DVD release. Sounds very interesting indeed, an animated prequel would be a neat idea.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
07-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Now that I had a week to digest everything and after seeing it twice, I'm wondering what type of theme could be explored for the sequel. The idea of something or someone being 'more than meets than eye' is the prevailing motif that is constantly brought up throughout the movie...heck, it's the last line in the film.
For the sequel, I think the theme of evolution could make the story compelling. The Autobots are going to make earth their new home, so how will they evolve to fit in other than the obvious. Humans too must change, at least the ones that are informed anyway. They have to deal with new guests. .

That's a pretty darn good account of what will likely actually happen in TFTM2. If so I just hope they do more than an hour of goof around scenes of the autobots hiding and people not knowing and then one major battle (starscream regathers the forces, grabs megatron, then battle scene?) and then movie over.

ohnaji
07-13-2007, 09:12 PM
I read somewhere that Shia and Megan had signed on for sequels. The only problem with bringing these characters back is that their stories are resolved. What would be a logical situation for these characters to be relevant for a follow-up?
Here's a scenario I've been contemplating. If Megatron is considered to be the scourge of the universe, than his demise would bring about dire repercussions. If Starscream spreads the word that Sam was responsible for Megs' death, that would probably illicit bloody retribution among Decepticon ranks. The Autobots would have to protect Sam. This could bring about a potential theme of 'fighting for a future' for both human and Autobots. Of course, that's just one thing the sequel could explore. There are probably better angles out there.
Here's hoping the prequel on the DVD doesn't suck.

Exsequor
07-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Ravage MUST Be IN IT!!

I would love to see this character in the movie.

Scrapper6
07-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I have a serious question; why is it that everyone complains about Devastator's name being used by accident and how it's impossible to have the Constructicons involved now when I think it would be more probable and difficult to have the Constructicons involved because... HELLO! BONECRUSHER ANYONE? He was originally a memer of the Constructicons; ok, so they could bring him back in a new body as one of them maybe, but still you'd think everyone would stop bitchin' about the screw up by the editing team who missed the glaringly obvious Devastator changed to Brawl memo and would maybe be a tad more indecisive about the Constructicons' presence because, HEY! Bonecrusher dead here. LOL

Although if they were to replace Bonecrusher with Buckethead no one would be able to take the threat of Devastator serious.

"Constructicons, MERGE INTO DEVASTATOR!"

"We can't, Buckethead's still sulking in his trailer."

"Oh fer Primus's sake!"

*Optimus and the Autobots laughing the whole time*

darthrage
07-14-2007, 01:50 PM
of course the questions come to mind regarding the devastator/brawl name error such as:

1) how are they going to have the Constructicons if Bonecrusher is wasted
2) and even if they do have Bonecrusher back, what are they gonna do about the name?
3) and even if they have the Combaticons, Vortex, who they decided to call Blackout is also KIA
4) and even if they decide to get another Helicopter, their other piece, the Tank known as Brawl is also KIA

LOL!!

Actually none of these things will bother me, this is Bay's Transformers after all and his writing team is going to make the necessary changes to bring a combiner without ruining the contuinity of the first movie

Also he originally thought of doing a transforming Aircraft carrier but it would be too expensive.

I think it would've been either Omega Supreme, Metroplex or Fortress Maximus. Either one of those those 3 would've been most appropriate for that.

Robimus
07-15-2007, 01:04 AM
I do want a Buckethead figure, that would be cool. Maybe a real gear...............Oh damn!!!!!!I just realized Scrapper6 made that up:mad:

Scrapper6
07-15-2007, 10:01 AM
I do want a Buckethead figure, that would be cool. Maybe a real gear...............Oh damn!!!!!!I just realized Scrapper6 made that up:mad:

I didn't make it up, remember Universe Devastator the Micromasters had Buckethead in place of one of the established G1 names?

Robimus
07-15-2007, 01:10 PM
So there really is a Buckethead. Um............. They named a Character Buckethead.............
Well then I have to find me a Buckethead figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robimus
07-15-2007, 01:13 PM
It's on ebay!!!! How did this not make that Cracked magazine list???

ohnaji
07-19-2007, 07:02 PM
After seeing it a third time, I've come up with some other ideas the follow up could explore. I posted this on the official boards and it's a bit of a long read.
The prequel alludes to Megatron being a benevolent leader before betraying Optimus. Perhaps Megs turned evil because he was exposed to something like a virus. A virus delivered by Starscream. I think Starscream had an altogether different agenda then that of Megs. Let's entertain the idea that Starscream was working for something or someone else. An entity that sought the destruction of the allspark rather than its recovery. Sounds like Unicron. Maybe that's where SS was heading off to at the end of the film. His mission was accomplished, but what if it wasn't.
We all saw Sam combine the Allspark with Megs, which lead to its destruction. What possible way could it be brought back? I think a possible avenue worth exploring is examining what happened to Bumblebee. BB not only had contact with the allspark, he actually communed with it. Maybe the allspark did something to him. Maybe it actually copied itself to BB's spark. Let's assume that was true, is there any evidence to indicate that something like that happened in the film? A few of events come to mind. The first is BB's ability to speak at the end of the film. Earlier, when Frenzy approached the allspark, he was magically repaired and given a new body. It wouldn't be too hard to imagine something similar happening to BB. This in itself doesn't add too much credence to this theory but if we examine another event, the time BB and Ironhide shielded the convoy from SS missile barrage something interesting pops up. BB receives the full brunt of SS attack. He should be dead, but the damage he took was only to his legs. If we buy into the idea that the allspark copied itself to BB, then we could assume that was the reason he didn't die. The allspark kept him alive. The last event worth noting is Brawl's demise. When BB came charging in to rescue the troops, missile launchers emerged from his shoulders. We all saw what happens when the cube energy is exposed to machinery; it creates nasty beings packing tremendous heat. Let's assume BB never had that weaponry before. If we do so, then it wouldn't be implausible to suggest that BB's new armaments were the result of the allspark. So how can a new allspark be manifested? Simple, with allspark energy.
Ratchet stated that the allspark is pure energy. For 80 years it was situated at hoover dam. It wouldn't be out of the question to think that sectorseven stored surplus energy from the cube. Let's have BB absorb all that energy. With the excess of energy surging through BB's body, it forms a new allspark. But it wouldn't just be a copy of the original. This new allspark would have been tempered with an Autobot signature. It in fact has become the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Through this new Matrix, we could introduce the Dinobots, Arielbots, Skyfire/Jetfire, whoever. Let's also assume this Matrix can cure individuals who are corrupted by the Decepticon virus. Why not expose Barricade to it and he becomes Prowl.
At one point in the sequel, BB hands off the Matrix to Prime and this powers Prime up. Maybe he could combine with a trailer and become super Prime or something along those lines. Now Prime can stave off a resurrected and similarly powered Megs. That would be a battle I'd pay multiple times to see.