PDA

View Full Version : Hello from BotCon!

JLvatron
07-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Hello from BotCon!

Hi all! DAy 4 at BotCon, this convention has been a blast! We saw the new movie Thursday night and it was fun. 2 of the actors were there.:cool:

Met tons of people, bought a few things, and went to some panels. The autograph lineup for Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) was huge, but enjoyable as 6 of us played card games, en attendant.
Even spoke french with Optimus Prime!!!:)

Last night wanted to attend a party, but that hotel needed a key for the elevator so some guy name Bob came down to get us. I wasn't sure so he confirmed upstairs then came back down to get me, the nice guy.

He turned out to be Bob Orci, co-writer of the 150 Million $ Transformers movie!!!!:eek: :cool:

Happy Canada day, everyone! I wish we brought Laura Secord candies here, assuming I could smuggle it across the border...:p

Leozak
07-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Glad to hear you're having a great time! :)

Protoman
07-01-2007, 11:44 AM
So what did you get for me Meesum ^_^ ...... no seriously........

JLvatron
07-02-2007, 08:37 AM
So what did you get for me Meesum ^_^ ...... no seriously........

Heh-heh, "no seriously" is right.
Beacause I got you nothing:cool: . Seriously.:D

Sorry Daniel, you shoulda told me if there was anything specific you were looking for, or the exclusives.

I didn't get the awesome pre-order toys, but I bought the Alpha-Trion & Weirdwolf set (Vector Prime retool + Snarl recolor) for 89$.
Ebay prices jacked up for 300, but then they announced a new crate coming in to order and free shipping, so the re-sell price came down.

Still, I sold mine to BigBadToyStore.com for 180 $ store credit.:)

Autovolt 127
07-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Have Fun,i'l be here in My Basement reading about all your hauls.

Protoman
07-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh well... guess I will just throw money at ebay then for em

QuadESL63
07-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I didn't get the awesome pre-order toys, but I bought the Alpha-Trion & Weirdwolf set (Vector Prime retool + Snarl recolor) for 89$.
Ebay prices jacked up for 300, but then they announced a new crate coming in to order and free shipping, so the re-sell price came down.

Still, I sold mine to BigBadToyStore.com for 180 $ store credit.:)

I guess you are not a fan of the Classic line :D

JLvatron
07-02-2007, 06:14 PM
I guess you are not a fan of the Classic line :D

??:confused:

I don't get why you said that, I love the Classics line!!:)

QuadESL63
07-02-2007, 07:21 PM
??:confused:

I don't get why you said that, I love the Classics line!!:)

Then why didn't u pre-order the seekers set? :rolleyes: :)

Oasis
07-02-2007, 10:10 PM
What fun was that! You were so much fun to hang out with!

GMfan
07-02-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm going to guess Meesum didn't order it because like me he thinks $300 for 4 deluxes and a voyager is just plain insane...

JLvatron
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Actually, I just got lazy and didn't sign up in time:o . I woulda wanted to get the set, keep the seekers (especially Thrust!!!) and sell Dreadwind & Bugbite.

It's common practice to re-sell the exclusives for double their worth on eBay and even at the convention if they're really nice and limited.
In this case, they were amazing so they were sold for 500 - 700$.:eek:

JLvatron
07-03-2007, 09:04 AM
What fun was that! You were so much fun to hang out with!

Oasis, it was great hanging out with you and you were so kind to invite me into your group. Since I didn't attend the Saturday night concert, I was hoping to find some friends to eat with, so your invitation was awesome.:)

Honestly, some of my best BotCon experiences have been meeting fellow fans. This time I met alot of new folks, got to know some friends a little better (like yourself), and had a blast rooming with my fantastic buddy Zuffyprime (from this board).:cool:

And I still love that food court, I plan to visit it again soon!:D

Oasis
07-11-2007, 11:57 PM
You were a blast. Anybody who can walk into a group and strike up a conversation with whomever is standing there (especially when they're blonde and cute ;) ) is one cool dude.

My co-worker, a vegetarian like you, LOVES Taco Bell. I told him I met his Canadian counterpart at BotCon. He's afraid I'll catch on to your Vegetarian Society secrets. Now I want to know the handshake, but he won't teach me.

GMfan
07-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Oasis, it was great hanging out with you and you were so kind to invite me into your group. Since I didn't attend the Saturday night concert, I was hoping to find some friends to eat with, so your invitation was awesome.:)

Honestly, some of my best BotCon experiences have been meeting fellow fans. This time I met alot of new folks, got to know some friends a little better (like yourself), and had a blast rooming with my fantastic buddy Zuffyprime (from this board).:cool:

And I still love that food court, I plan to visit it again soon!:D

I know this is off topic Meesum but I was in Quebec last week and they got the best fast food poutine place called Chez Ashton....I swear, best poutine ever great gravy and cheese. If anyone is ever in Quebec try that awesome meal out. The regular size is a heart attack in a bowl but well worth it. My only complaint of that restaurant is that THEY HAVEN'T EXPANDED INTO ONTARIO!!!! :p

Aernaroth
07-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Man, it better be damn good to top La Belle Provence's poutine, or even better, hockey rink poutine. And I very much doubt it'll be better than homemade, using St. Hubert's gravy from a can.

Tech Spec
07-12-2007, 03:55 AM
I know this is off topic Meesum but I was in Quebec last week and they got the best fast food poutine place called Chez Ashton....I swear, best poutine ever great gravy and cheese. If anyone is ever in Quebec try that awesome meal out. The regular size is a heart attack in a bowl but well worth it. My only complaint of that restaurant is that THEY HAVEN'T EXPANDED INTO ONTARIO!!!! :p

Yummy! I love a heart attack in a bowl :P

GMfan
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
PSsssSST Meesum send them an e-mail to open shop in Ontario for your French inept bro :P

http://www.chez-ashton.com/index1.php

This website is bring up good memories and making me drool.

JLvatron
07-12-2007, 10:30 AM
PSsssSST Meesum send them an e-mail to open shop in Ontario for your French inept bro :P

http://www.chez-ashton.com/index1.php

This website is bring up good memories and making me drool.

Haha, Poutine is good and rich, and that's just the meatless kind:p !
I'm sure a full plate of the beef version will leave you happy and sitting in the chair for a month!:D

JLvatron
07-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Anybody who can walk into a group and strike up a conversation with whomever is standing there (especially when they're blonde and cute ;) ) is one cool dude.

:) Don't forget fun, friendly, and...
i mean, ..."Hey!":mad:

My co-worker, a vegetarian like you, LOVES Taco Bell. I told him I met his Canadian counterpart at BotCon. He's afraid I'll catch on to your Vegetarian Society secrets. Now I want to know the handshake, but he won't teach me.
Nice try dude, You aint gettin the secret handshake.;)
Colonel Sanders even offered to trade his secret herb mix, but we said no.:cool:

JLvatron
08-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey, I went back to the Providence BotCon centre yesterday! It was cool walking around the place with free time and walking the entire mall and outside area. The food court is amazing as usual (with that awesome Indian restaurant:) ), but the convention centre itself was closed!:rolleyes:

Hey, I saw this awesome jersey-zip jacket at Hot Topic. It's white with a huge Autobot symbol on the front, with a light film over it. The film is glow in the dark and Decepticon, so you switch sides at night! Plus the back has a HUGE picture of the original TF:the Movie poster with Magnus and the rest, and the print is amazing on the white.:cool:

It's 45$, but the main reason I hesitate is the polyester is the type that just doesn't look comfortable. Like harder plasticcy more than soft cloth.:(

CobraCommander
08-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey, I went back to the Providence BotCon centre yesterday! It was cool walking around the place with free time and walking the entire mall and outside area. The food court is amazing as usual (with that awesome Indian restaurant:) ), but the convention centre itself was closed!:rolleyes:

Hey, I saw this awesome jersey-zip jacket at Hot Topic. It's white with a huge Autobot symbol on the front, with a light film over it. The film is glow in the dark and Decepticon, so you switch sides at night! Plus the back has a HUGE picture of the original TF:the Movie poster with Magnus and the rest, and the print is amazing on the white.:cool:

It's 45$, but the main reason I hesitate is the polyester is the type that just doesn't look comfortable. Like harder plasticcy more than soft cloth.:(

Pics? :p

JLvatron
08-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey, I forgot to write this. During my Providence day, I ate at the food court Indian restaurant which is amazing except the nearby washroom's soap doesn't remove the curry smell from your fingers.
So I went to the Westin's nice washrooms and remembered a funny story.

During BotCon Saturday night, some guy ran into the Westin hotel after midnight and headed to the washroom.
...It was locked.:eek: :p

The poor guy ran to the front desk and instead of immediate service they said they "called someone"!! :rolleyes:
About 10 minutes later (!!!:eek: ), some hoteller comes with the keys and opens it. Matrix, if that guy had had an accident, the hotel woulda totally deserved the cleanup duties and dry cleaning bill.:p

JLvatron
09-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Pics? :p

It's on the website:

Click on 'More Views' to view the back pic to see the nice pic of the movie poster with Ultra-Magnus.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302029831&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442163453&bmUID=1189310966727

GMfan
09-09-2007, 12:44 AM
That is cool.....now if I was only involved in anything track related!

CobraCommander
09-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Nice!