PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Takara Tomy G1 colored Unicron

SleeplessKnight
10-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Anyone else receive this guy yet? Mine arrived from BBTS on Friday but I really only got to start playing with him tonight because of a busy work weekend.

He's awesome. I love the colors and the new head sculpt. Even though this is my third Unicron, he's feels like a fresh, new and unique figure.

I do have one gripe with him though. Some of the orange parts are gray plastic painted orange and the paint is already starting to chip from play wear.

One place in particular is the chomping mouth action in planet mode. When you close the mouth, there is a ripple-like texture that is revealed on the outer ring of the mouth. The paint on the ripple part seems to be scraping against the edge of the mouth and rubbing the paint off.

Another area of concern is the horns on either side of the mouth that activate the chomping feature. These would form the horns on top of the shoulders in robot mode. I'm finding that the horns rub against the mechanism that activates the mouth and there's a little bit of paint wear on the horns where it meets the trigger.

Argh! Why couldn't they just have orange paint over orange plastic? Oh well, I guess I gotta take it easy with the chomping feature. Is anyone else getting this problem or having any other paint wear issues with your new Unicron?

Next question, Robot mode? Or Planet mode? And is there anywhere that still sells the Unicron stand?

Deemar
10-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Makes me think 25 years from now you'll see these on Ebay with things like, "Rare - no paint wear - chomping action never used!"

Mighty_Galvatron
10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Yikes!

Sureshot22
10-12-2010, 04:32 PM
got mine in the mail today. not opened yet and prob wont anytime soon.

got dirge and blur also.. blurs colours around his back window are messed up on mine. 1 side is light blue other is white?> lol dont care though he will be in bot mode and those are on the back of his legs.

Ultra Maverick
10-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Got my Unicron in the mails today,
what an awesome figure.

This is my first Unicron and I am glad I waited for this version, looks like I will have to take it easy on the guy to prevent the paint wear.
Either way I am still very happy with this guy.

Breakdown
10-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Anyone have pictures? As I'm still tempted to order this!

Nullray
11-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I have been reluctant to get this new edition character. I have an original release Unicron and it didn't have any paint issues. I had him on display and he is back in the box now. I have an original Primus. I wonder if this line of reissues will have an ongoing paint issue.
Sounds like I will pass on this one.

How is he different than the original? Die cast parts?