PDA

View Full Version : Alternators Rodimus & Anime Store Question

Dark Rage
06-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone plans to get the SDCC exclusive Alternators Rodimus. I'm not sure how exclusive it will be, whether it's more exclusive (and hence more expensive) than the Nemesis Prime Alternator, but I'm sort of tempted to pre-order on ebay (for like $60 and shipping). I don't know if this would eventually become available on online retailers like BBTS or Kooltoyz (Since the Nemesis Prime was available). I'd appreciate any input.

Also, for any Torontonians, does anyone know if the chinese anime stores in the GTA (more or less Chinatown or Pacific mall) are open to haggling or no taxes on their products anymore?

I used to buy gundam from Fata Anime in high school, and now they're Omake Hobby, but they're the only store that's open to haggling if you pay them cash upfront. I asked Kikiwai before, but they always charge tax now :confused: I guess most stores have gone legit.

jourdo
07-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Sheraz (kooltoyz) did mention he was hoping to get some SDCC Rodimus Alts. When I asked, he did not know about pricing yet.

I think they will be in the same range as Nem. Prime. I'm not going on anything in particular here... just a gut feeling.

I'm still on the fence about getting him. On the one hand he is the ONLY figure I would need to have a "complete" Alternators line. On the other hand, I picked up KP Rodimus (who is awesome BTW) b/c I figured Hasbro would never release him over here. What to do... What to do.

Protoman
07-01-2007, 03:05 AM
I already have 3 pre-ordered from a seller............ I am crazy... (Hot Rod/Rodimus fanboy) as for Toronto stores, while I am a montrealer, when I visit Toronto, i always make sure to hit Pacific Mall, nice stuff there.

Tech Spec
07-01-2007, 05:00 AM
Who's selling them on Ebay? I would like to know. I'm very interested in getting both.

rid
07-01-2007, 09:13 AM
I already have 3 pre-ordered from a seller............ I am crazy... (Hot Rod/Rodimus fanboy) as for Toronto stores, while I am a montrealer, when I visit Toronto, i always make sure to hit Pacific Mall, nice stuff there.
I never got any luck at PacMall. Every time I'm there, I can find only one store that carries transformers. And it only carries Masterpiece and usually just 1 copy. I prefer first markham place.

kooltoyz
07-02-2007, 11:56 AM
I do have Alt. Nemesis Prime in stock right now. As for the Alt. Rodimus I am working on it, hopefully I will know something within a week or so.

Vader
07-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Alternators Rodimus is now available on BBT pre-order:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13807&mode=retail

Got my order in...

PrimeConvoy
07-19-2007, 07:22 PM
I will be getting this guy for sure looks amazing, if I can get him for the same amount I got Nemy for i'll be happy.

jourdo
07-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Alternators Rodimus is now available on BBT pre-order:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13807&mode=retail

Got my order in...

Damn I have no will-power. Preordered. Hopefully Sheraz will get his price online and I can cancel.

Nyghtwynd
07-19-2007, 11:45 PM
urgh, so pricy, yet... do want...

Dark Rage
07-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Damn, I ended up ordering 1 more Alt Rodimus, so that's 3 in total now. Hope he's hot and good enough for trading other TFs though.

Damn, Binaltechs and Alternators' prices have skyrocketed (like everything else). Can anyone send me a link or address in the GTA that sells Binaltechs? I'm not sure to buy now or save up and go to the Canadian Action Figure Expo in September; aren't there usually better prices in an expo with dealers, especially since it's usually through cash?

Nyghtwynd
07-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Well, unless you find an Alternator in Walmart, on clearance for $10 lol

Dark Rage
07-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Well, unless you find an Alternator in Walmart, on clearance for $10 lol

*Points to my signature*

Looking more for the older ones, which are tricky to find a good price.

I really hate it when I search on ebay and see a loose one for like $120 by Playidia, that just boils my blood...

Nyghtwynd
07-20-2007, 12:11 AM
*Points to my signature*

Looking more for the older ones, which are tricky to find a good price.

I really hate it when I search on ebay and see a loose one for like $120 by Playidia, that just boils my blood...

Ah

Which one was the Scion? I think my store (Zellers Square One) has some, i'll check tomorrow

Dark Rage
07-20-2007, 12:14 AM
lol, no the Scion Binaltech.

Should we expect TF prices to lower after a few months though? Or would it stay more or less the same? I'm referring to the newer lines of TFs, since I"m quite certain stuff like BWs toys are dropping in value like crazy, good time to buy if you want the cast of Beast Wars though.

nuropa
07-20-2007, 10:37 AM
it's best to buy them from board members here and other forums, buying them in lots will save you even more, wish I had to foresight to do that before starting collect my alternators, would have saved few hundred more dollars at least.

devilsknight
07-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Picked up an Alt Rodimus today for $50 CDN shipped...about what i paid for Nemesis Prime last year...

should be good...went to SQ1 and picked up Optimus and Rollbar ! YAY