PDA

View Full Version : Generations War for Cybertron Megatron Reviews

Cheers Ian
09-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Just got my War for Cybertron Megatron Deluxe figure and here's a few thoughts I have on him

-Cool Robot mode, works well if you don't have another Megatron in your Classics/Universe/Henkei/Generations display. His arm cannon is interchangeble to either arm which is cool.

-Megs kinda gets the shaft in the vehicle mode again, I'm guessing he's supposed to be somekind of Cybertronian battle jet or a large cannon of some type. It seems like it was heavily influenced by the animated model.

-I'm digging the fact he has a much more G1 inspired head vs. the movie inspired design of late.

-I'm thinking this would be a good base if they were to add a new head and make him Galvatron.

All and all, I like him a lot more than I thought I would.

What does everyone else think?

shockwing
09-27-2010, 09:01 PM
still cant find this

Perceptor
09-27-2010, 10:03 PM
The alt mode is keeping me from getting this at the moment...

razin
09-27-2010, 10:07 PM
I like him, he's my first Megs since 1984. Alt mode suffers a bit but I still like it. Robot mode - Awesome. Love it.

down_shift
09-27-2010, 10:18 PM
I love this figure. I really like how bulky he looks. He's a warlord, so he really shouldn't look like a London Sissy-Nanny. Tank mode is cool, although my only gripe is that with the tank treads out you can clearly see his hands. That being said, even though the treads can be rolled on they really are meant to be tucked under a la in game play.

My opinion - 8/10 and waaay better then Soundwave.

Matrix_Holder
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Here is the alt mode that I use for WFC Megatron.
I have only transformed him into the tank mode once and then came up with this mode and have never turned back. Very G1 "Galvatron"esk mode eh! I don't know aboot you but I like him, but with this mode he screams G1 to me. That's just :primelaugh: !

Benzo
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
great figure! I like how you can switch from hover mode to tank mode!

Benzo
09-27-2010, 10:45 PM
@Matrix_Holder

Galvatron! I love it!

zuffyprime
09-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Like your idea Matrix Holder :)
Thanks for the review Ian!

Can we get some more pics of this guy in regular tank mode, with the treads down. ie) not hovertank mode?

I'm really curious to see if there is anything to do to make the tank treads better. ie) paint them silver so they stand out or something?

BigBot79
09-28-2010, 01:12 AM
If you are still looking for this figure Automaton just posted stock of WFC Megatron, Soundwave and Red Alert, grab'em while they're hot!

Team Jetfire
09-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Not a big fan of his tank mode. I feel that Megs just constantly gets the shaft for decent alt modes...

JLvatron
09-29-2010, 09:05 AM
-I'm thinking this would be a good base if they were to add a new head and make him Galvatron.

Dude, I never thought of that! Until now I've dismissed Megs cause his Alt mode was once again an un-Megatronish tank-thing.

Here is the alt mode that I use for WFC Megatron.
I have only transformed him into the tank mode once and then came up with this mode and have never turned back. Very G1 "Galvatron"esk mode eh!

Cool!! :eek:
Seriously, do we know of any plans for a Hasbro Galvatron? What about Blurr & Cliffjumper, do they both have new heads?

ChrisW
09-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Seriously, do we know of any plans for a Hasbro Galvatron?

As far as we know, Cliffjumper will be the last WFC-style figure released. On the other hand, I can't imagine Hasbro not repainting each WFC figure at least once. Maybe an exclusive multi-pack of repaints?

What about Blurr & Cliffjumper, do they both have new heads?

Blurr is a retool of Drift, with a new paint job, guns instead of swords, and a new head. WFC Cliffjumper is a retool of WFC Bumblebee, with a new paint job and a new head.

JLvatron
09-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks ChrisW! :)

GMfan
10-10-2010, 11:38 AM
One thing I really like about this figure which I discovered the other day playing with him (and have yet to see anyone mention it online) when you clip in his missile an inner portion of his cannon switches to clear purple and when it's fired that portion switches to black. Kinda like Animated Swindle's arm cannon did though it's not as obvious....

Now that's cool...really impressed with this guy myself. Didn't think I'd like him over Straxus from this wave.

jackwacko
10-10-2010, 12:07 PM
One thing I really like about this figure which I discovered the other day playing with him (and have yet to see anyone mention it online) when you clip in his missile an inner portion of his cannon switches to clear purple and when it's fired that portion switches to black.

Yes! that gimmick was a total O_O when I played with him the other day.

The galvatron-esque fan-mode is how I display mine too, as the only thing cannon/hovertank mode really serves is pocket sized convenience. Also this guy's got lines all over the body, and if you got the time to get a grey/black gundam marker and detail the grooves, he looks AWESOME.

Also, I like how the cannon's molded to look like a shotgun weapon on the other side, so that you can give Megs a underhand shotgun for some variety.

osotech
10-10-2010, 07:45 PM
The galvatron-esque fan-mode is how I display mine too, as the only thing cannon/hovertank mode really serves is pocket sized convenience. Also this guy's got lines all over the body, and if you got the time to get a grey/black gundam marker and detail the grooves, he looks AWESOME.

Have any pics ?

jackwacko
10-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Have any pics ?

Yes I do, though I'm not quite done the back panel with the Decepticon symbol

osotech
10-17-2010, 09:39 PM
like you said... awesome!

Jubei
10-21-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm loving the Megs myself. My only complaint is that his joints are so stiff which is great for holding some awesome poses, I mean seriously, this guy can do some great shit with his articulation, but I'm worried about breaking him in mid transformation.

I've also had a bit of a hard time getting his back plate into position. For some reason I can't make it flush with his back.

Prowl_2009
10-21-2010, 05:02 PM
As Deluxe Megatron's go, this one is a winner! Great robot mode and a nice Cybertronian tank alt mode, plus nice paint and a great deal of detail make this the deluxe Megs to get!

Seriously, don't pass this one up, plain and simple. :)

Stapler
10-21-2010, 05:36 PM
You are a genius, Matrix Holder! Hasbro must make this toy into Galvatron! :)

jackwacko
10-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh, for those who's picking him up, here are a couple things you should check for when buying him
-The Paintapps on his feet, which becomes the top of his alt-mode, tends to be quite sloppy. He's packaged in robot mode, but you can still see the feet in package.
-The lavender paintapps on the front

Perceptor
10-22-2010, 12:58 AM
I've also had a bit of a hard time getting his back plate into position. For some reason I can't make it flush with his back.

At the bottom of the back plate there are two hinges connecting it to his body. You need to push up on that small piece between the 2 hinges to get the back plate a bit higher up to hug his back. I had the same problem when I first got him. You need to use a bit of force on the first try since it's tight. Good luck.

Batman
10-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I love this figure. I think his alt mode is cool, I love how it is a solid diamond shaped chunk with a canon stuck to it. Robot mode is pure evil, I love the expression on his face, he is oozing with character. A+ figure.

Shepp
11-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I've yet to open this figure up.

I was originally just going to get him because of the fact he's Megatron, but really the beefiness of the back and the brutish nature sold me on it. Plus, he's similar to Animated Megatron's Cybertronian mode (considering the fact that I tuck in the side fins on those figures), but looks more awesome in both modes.

Autobot Hound
11-08-2010, 10:15 PM
He's a pretty neat mold. Transformation is nice and easy compared to the other WFC's.
Definitely has the menacing look!! Me likey.
I also like the little clear purple parts on him. It's a nice touch.

jackwacko
11-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Now that there's a 3rd party axe for Prime.. It seems like Megatron should also get his mace thing.. But problem is, megatron's hands aren't designed to hold stuff.. but point or facepalm.

Anybody agree that somebody should make a mace?

Autobot Hound
11-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Now that there's a 3rd party axe for Prime.. It seems like Megatron should also get his mace thing.. But problem is, megatron's hands aren't designed to hold stuff.. but point or facepalm.

Anybody agree that somebody should make a mace?

dude i was just thinking that!!!! his hands arent accessory friendly.
I agree there needs to be a 3rd party mace made for him!!! It's only fair. .....and maybe some dark energon add ons. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/pvgarcia/My%20TF%20stuff/WFCmegswallpaper-1.jpg

Matrix_Holder
11-08-2010, 10:50 PM
some of the newer figures are not accessory friendly, like grapple mindset and perceptor....hopefully it is not a trend starting.

RageD
11-11-2010, 12:44 AM
I like this mold the best out of the WFC figs. Sturdy, Nice arm cannon, Stands well with minimal wobbles (I'm looking at you WFC Soundwave!) The alt mode does look like someone designed it and said, "eh, it will do"

crank729
11-17-2010, 11:25 PM
I love this figure. My favorite of the war for cybertron toys. His stance, face and overall look are so imposing. He is also one of the cleanest toys I have gotten in a while as far as kibble goes. Amazing figure!