PDA

View Full Version : Masterpiece Starscream a Wal-Mart exclusive: think we'll see him here?

Paradigm-Shift Prime
06-29-2007, 09:38 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=139273

^ News from Botcon today.

I doubt we'll see him in Canadian Wal-Marts, they suck big time at bringing in walmart exclusives, let alone ones that would be selling for $80-90. They probably wouldn't want to deal with $80 items ending up stolen or sitting in milk fridge or whatever.

GMfan
06-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Was the 20th Anniversary Prime a Wal-Mart exclusive? I only ask because thats the only place now that I think of it that I saw it in retail when he was originally launched. If he was then I'll say yes we will see him here (though prime may have only made it here due to poor sales in the states, so if SS doesn't sell well we most likely will get him in Canada). Though if prime wasen't a wal-mart exclusive I'm going to say we won't see him since we haven't gotten wal-mart exclusive since RID Landfill....and I don't even think he made it here....

Code of Honor
06-29-2007, 10:02 PM
20th Anniversary Prime was not an exclusive, all the stores, including my comic store, got him. The Bumblebee, Barricade, 2 pack is a Wal-Mart exclusive, and we got that the same time as the U.S., so I think we'll see him here. I just hope he's not $80 or $90 bucks.

SPLIT LIP
06-29-2007, 10:14 PM
20th Anniversary Prime was not an exclusive, all the stores, including my comic store, got him. The Bumblebee, Barricade, 2 pack is a Wal-Mart exclusive, and we got that the same time as the U.S., so I think we'll see him here. I just hope he's not $80 or $90 bucks.
He's $60 in the US, SO $70-$80 here. Hopefully, the Barricade/Bumblebee pack is a sign that Wal-Marts are starting to catch on.

Razorwing
06-29-2007, 10:24 PM
I read a review on it.. MP-03 right? It's not that great. Overall it's plastic with a little metal. Very easily broken. I"m not bashing at all but it's just what I read. Also, it's not even the right SS colours from G1. so.yeah.

Code of Honor
06-29-2007, 10:27 PM
I read a review on it.. MP-03 right? It's not that great. Overall it's plastic with a little metal. Very easily broken. I"m not bashing at all but it's just what I read. Also, it's not even the right SS colours from G1. so.yeah.Actually this version is G1 colored, I think it'll be popular.

From http://www.tfw2005.com

GMfan
06-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Actually I prefer the more realistic jet mode but if the G1 colours will save me $50 then I'll live with it. Though you have a point about the BB/Barricade 2 pack making it here but I believe the reason behind that is because the movie figures were massively produced (even more then usual deluxes) only reason why they can fill an entire wall in every TRU, Wal-mart, AND Zellers. I've never seen a TF line produce so many figures and with good reason, the movie is going to be huge and all the kids that don't want the figures now probably will after seeing them kick ass on the big screen...I still have my doubts but I do hope to see it come here. However if they try to sell it here for $80 - 90 when in the states its $20 less I'll wait till a US conference and I'll pick him up there with travel at my company's expense :P

Vader
06-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Got a MP-03 already but I really dig the G1 color scheme so I will definitely buy at least one of these. Hope Walmart Canada will carry these.

Robimus
06-29-2007, 11:56 PM
No.

nuropa
06-30-2007, 12:13 AM
battle damage makes it look pretty ugly, black scorch marks everywhere.

C_Shewins
06-30-2007, 12:15 AM
This is totally bs...don't think we Canadians will be able to get one......Why does it have to be a Wal-Mart exclusive??? I REALLY hate Hasbro seriously.:mad:

Paradigm-Shift Prime
06-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Though you have a point about the BB/Barricade 2 pack making it here but I believe the reason behind that is because the movie figures were massively produced (even more then usual deluxes) only reason why they can fill an entire wall in every TRU, Wal-mart, AND Zellers. I've never seen a TF line produce so many figures and with good reason, the movie is going to be huge and all the kids that don't want the figures now probably will after seeing them kick ass on the big screen...

I agree that the BB/Bar 2 pack making it here isn't really that much of a sign that the Masterpiece SS will for the same reasons you do, super mass produced movie stuff, and also the figures in the exclusive were available elsewhere so its sort of different.

Synch
06-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I think prime was a WM exclusive for the first lil bit... then other places got him I think... WM just got first dibs I believe with hasbro :)