PDA

View Full Version : Custom GRIMLOCK Alternators-inspired Roadbot

the Stealth M.C.
06-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Hey guys, I made a CUSTOM Alternators-inspired Grimlock Roadbot you might be interested in. I saw another on eBay a few months ago and wanted to see if I could do one as well; I've actually added more color and detail than that seller did, and I'm really proud of the result!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170125917077

Thanks for looking =)

Sean

Echotransformer
06-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Really nice work...very impressive. The bids are already rolling in!

BTW...I also have a couple or Roadbots and I think they are awesome. Are there other mods you've seen to change Roadbots into TFs? What about the giant 1:12 figs?

--Echo

Nyghtwynd
06-27-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm watching this awesome job. Hopefully i can get it for a great price lol

the Stealth M.C.
06-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the props, guys! I really appreciate it =)

As for other thoughts, I'm considering repainting the yellow Hummer into a black Trailbreaker, but that'll take a LOT of work, and the paint job may be uneven as I don't use an airbrush.

Another eBayer said he was considering turning the green Lamborghini into Sunstreaker, which is also not a bad idea, but again, if you don't use an airbrush the paint job may be uneven, and that'll be really noticeable with yellow. Also, the toy itself has a BEAUTIFUL car mode, but the robot is kinda chubby.

Robimus
06-28-2007, 12:49 AM
Great job!!!!!! Normally I'm not big on the Alts but that one puts the actual Grimlock Alt to shame. Well done.

the Stealth M.C.
06-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks, Robimus! The original shape of the Roadbot turned out to be perfect!