PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Slag Episode 39 - Entertain our Boredest Hour

GMfan
09-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Join in what would appear to be yet another Transformers podcasting clash between the minds of Chris I aka Vangeloose and the Gogdogin Jeremy against your regularly scheduled hosts on an discussion about the all powerful Autobot artifact, the Matrix. This episode also features a double dip in getting to know on the destroyer of all multiversi Unicron and the versatile Rampage. Finally, our guest leads us in our classic segment how awesome would that be if we were given a line of perfectly accurate voyager sized Autobot and Decepticon leaders from G1 to Transformers: Zone!?

Episode 39 - Entertain our Boredest Hour (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2039%20-%20Entertain%20our%20Boredest%20Hour.mp3)
Host: Chris 2.0 w/ Daniel, Jeremy, and Chris I
- the Matrix discussion
- Getting to know Unicron (for Mighty Galvatron)
- Getting to know Rampage (foe Meister)
- How awesome would that be!? A perfect line of G1 Autobot and Decepticon leaders (NA & Japan)

DOWNLOAD NOW! (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2039%20-%20Entertain%20our%20Boredest%20Hour.mp3)
(Click the link to play in browser or right click and save if you wish to download outside of iTunes)

WE'RE ON ITUNES! CLICK HERE! RATE AND REVIEW! (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cybertron-ca-canadian-transformers/id337471858)

Protoman
09-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Lightning quick post!

http://www.retroclobber.co.uk/cartoon-t-shirts/images/tshirts/the-flash-logo-t-shirt-logo.jpg

GMfan
09-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Lightning quick post!

http://www.retroclobber.co.uk/cartoon-t-shirts/images/tshirts/the-flash-logo-t-shirt-logo.jpg

BTW you screwed up in the Unicron talk you said he was originally going to be called Injector when he was originally going to be called Ingestor :P

Also here's the Galvatron (http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/160342055.html) we were talking about near the end of the episode.

Stapler
09-06-2010, 06:56 PM
A new Canadian Slag already? This just made my day! It sounds great but I'll save it for tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what "Vangeloose" has to say. :)

Protoman
09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
BTW you screwed up in the Unicron talk you said he was originally going to be called Injector when he was originally going to be called Ingestor :P

Yeah 2 of the 3 times I called him Injector...... Too much info spewing out of my brain.

Jawz. D
09-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Vangelus has the gift of gab and connoisseur of fine haberdashery. This ep was pure MADNESS!:cool:

Robimus
09-07-2010, 01:46 AM
It's not like you guys focus on Canadian news or anything.......

Yes, you clearly have a handle on what goes on on this site.:confused:

And I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said last time around, but note that nothing was said about Americans - that is inaccurate.

With due respect, more actual Cybertron board members and less to no TFW guests might be a good idea.

No offense to GogDog, but he really has nothing to do with the community here. I personally would have liked to hear more about GMFan's adventures at Botcon.

So while I admit my no TFW guests was probably overly harsh, and I apologize, I at no point said anything about Americans.

hupla
09-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Someone link to that galvatron transformation!

GogDog
09-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Yes, you clearly have a handle on what goes on on this site.:confused:
I was talking about the podcast. Did you really not understand that?

I WAS GUEST HOSTING THE PODCAST, NOT GUEST HOSTING THE ENTIRE SITE. Thankfully everyone on the episode understood it as well.

But thank you for continuing to provide the lulz. It's becoming a tradition for me here.

GMfan
09-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Alright apologies made...Gogdog is always welcome on this show for providing great insight.

Let's keep talking about the episode, no need for bad blood here, we can all get along!

GogDog
09-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Ever since we recorded this, all I can think about is a modern Violen Jiger toy. :D

GMfan
09-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Couldn't someone make a custom from Beast Wars Tripredicus for him?

Think about it...3 arthropods.... ;)

Where's Chris I to start that drooling?

Mumps
09-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Great episode guys.

I would definately open my wallet up to a "Leaders" toyline. All that talk about the MP Exkaizer figures made me sad that I missed those... and it's all Vangelus's fault too! Making that damn review that made the toys look absolutely amazing! *shakes fist*

However, damn... that Galvatron transformation is nice! C'mon Takara, lets see this one ;)

Stapler
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
That was fun episode, guys! It's nice to get some guests in once in a while. You need to try and have Vangelus and Gogdog on again sometime soon. :)

A "leaders" line would be cool but I can't really see it paying off. How many repaints could you get out of these figures to make up for making the molds? But I'm all for a Generations Overload, Dai Atlas, Star Saber, and Dezaraus, though! :D

TMIIWonkoNemises
09-07-2010, 04:41 PM
I woke up at 3 in the afternoon thanks to you guys,listening to Slag at the wee hours of the early morning,keeping me up laughing with your constant ramblings.

Regardless,that was quite the informative episode,and it was the first time that I ever heard Jeremy's voice (Never listened to WTF @ TFW) and his insights to what Hasbro could do next.Like the others,I am willing to open my wallet for an affordable,accurate,scale-accurate leader toyline.The 30th anniversary isn't too far off and it would be something to look forward to.As well,a Masterpiece Star Saber?I can see that happening...but won't open my wallet for it,since Masterpiece will be one of the last lines to collect.

I also like to thank Daniel for the little lesson on the timeline of G1 to Beast Machines.It makes me wonder if the whole set-up of Beast Machines was intentionally tying up to the Japanese G1 timeline despite hearing that both Marty Isenberg and Bob Skir were advised not to research on anything before Beast Wars.Still,the Matrices lesson did inspire me to research a bit more on the MacGuffins of the Franchise and see if I can utilize them for my own pieces of fiction.

Speaking of fiction,I completely agree with Chris 'Vangelus' on the demand for more layers in the fiction,particularly the politics and culture of Cybertronian life.I know I have said this in past Slag episodes,but I will recite once more,that there are so many areas unexplored in this franchise in terms of what these alien beings are.So far we only know how they are and what they become in times of war,but what of before and after?What are their advancements in terms of science and technology?What are the political systems?How does the science and mysticism of their race correlate each other compared to our own?This is what I wish that could be uncovered a bit more,and I'm sure there are FanFic writers out there who have also thought and written these concepts with their own perspectives.Still,I would like to see these concepts in a canon fiction one day.

Other than the constant off-topic discussions,this episode was really fun to listen to...and worth it to stay up for.Nice one guys.

Stapler
09-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm up for more politics in TFs but only if it dosen't start to mirror or comment on real world politics. I like to use TFs to escape, not get lectured on the latest crises or issue in the world.

TMIIWonkoNemises
09-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm up for more politics in TFs but only if it dosen't start to mirror or comment on real world politics. I like to use TFs to escape, not get lectured on the latest crises or issue in the world.

I agree on this.I'd like to see if the politics of Cybertron or any colonies belonging to them have similar aspects of our own.I don't think it mirror our current events but more towards what's going on in the storyline of whatever fiction they are writing.

Personally,I can imagine Cybertronian politics to be open and accessible as early Greek/Roman politics (ie.an assembly or forum of some kind) combined with the bureaucratic elements that were shown in War Within,War for Cybertron,etc.

Protoman
09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I agree on this.I'd like to see if the politics of Cybertron or any colonies belonging to them have similar aspects of our own.I don't think it mirror our current events but more towards what's going on in the storyline of whatever fiction they are writing.

Personally,I can imagine Cybertronian politics to be open and accessible as early Greek/Roman politics (ie.an assembly or forum of some kind) combined with the bureaucratic elements that were shown in War Within,War for Cybertron,etc.

Almost all signs of Cybertronian politics and law are depicted in a high end Roman-est way. You have a Ceasar (Prime) but there is still a council (Council of elders) and not to mention Megatron Origins really dug into the cast system of things.

chans formers
09-07-2010, 10:35 PM
very informative episode guys!!
@proto....i guess somebody knows a wee bit about the matrix:D

after alot of the good info spewed in this episode,at the end,all i can retain is a mental image of coins flying across the room:eek::Dlolz!!

GMfan
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM
*cha-chunk

QUARTER!

Seth Buzzard
09-07-2010, 11:23 PM
I don't care if he's a brick, Star Convoy would punch you all in the back of your dopey faces.

Yes they should make an awesome updated Star Convoy but not because there is anything wrong with him but because he is to amazing not to have had one yet. Do it right, don't change his over all look but do him modern. And he has to come with a tiny Hot Rod.

GMfan
09-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I don't care if he's a brick, Star Convoy would punch you all in the back of your dopey faces.

Yes they should make an awesome updated Star Convoy but not because there is anything wrong with him but because he is to amazing not to have had one yet. Do it right, don't change his over all look but do him modern. And he has to come with a tiny Hot Rod.

You're never happy with your Animated Activator Optimus with a special gold star on his chest...

GogDog
09-07-2010, 11:26 PM
You're never happy with your Animated Activator Optimus with a special gold star on his chest...
I don't think he even bought it...

GMfan
09-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Well Otis here (chansformers) made an awesome Star Convoy custom (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21977) a while back using that Activator...actually worked out really well.

Seth Buzzard
09-07-2010, 11:36 PM
I would rather cut my dong off then justify that atrocity by spending money on it.

GMfan
09-07-2010, 11:41 PM
What if it was a free gift someone else spent money on for you to haunt and taunt from a far?

Seth Buzzard
09-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Then I would start making YouTube videos about stuff people send me.

GMfan
09-07-2010, 11:49 PM
I want your youtube channel to just be Seth's stories...all Seth stories, all the time! I know I'd watch that...especially if it ever degraded to the ranting and ravings of a mad man over time.

Seth Buzzard
09-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Stories about people named Seth?

GMfan
09-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Sure...tell us about the original blue Lion pilot.

But tales from Seth Buzzard's life would be more entertaining.

Protoman
09-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I talked to much this time. I am sorry. I think it was too much info for one episode.

Vangelus
09-08-2010, 07:44 AM
I would rather cut my dong off then justify that atrocity by spending money on it.

Only casuals and flowcharters would say they'd rather cut their dong off and then not cut their dong off. :mad:

chans formers
09-08-2010, 09:27 AM
^lmao!!!^
thanks,it just wouldn't be a normal work week without spewing coffee on the screen:p

Mighty_Galvatron
09-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Sweet I will listen to this as soon as I have time - can't wait!

Thanks in advance for doing my requests!!

TMIIWonkoNemises
09-08-2010, 05:30 PM
I talked to much this time. I am sorry. I think it was too much info for one episode.

Not to worry.Personally you put a good amount of information compared to the two-parter Masterforce episode.

Digitalmoonspeak
09-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Great episode, and I am so glad I chose now to join the boards. Otherwise I wouldn't have such a great username.

GMfan
09-21-2010, 12:09 AM
*looks at user name...

No friggan way....it worked?!

GogDog
09-21-2010, 12:12 AM
*looks at user name...

No friggan way....it worked?!

What can I say? Works every time.

GMfan
09-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Like Rosanna Fingers

UltraPrimal
09-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Haha, Cybertron Unicron is Piccolo Jr.

Mighty_Galvatron
09-23-2010, 05:41 PM
A very enjoyable episode!! Thanks again for doing my requests!!

The Premiere TF Podcast.