PDA

View Full Version : finally complete!!

mildtowild
09-02-2010, 12:07 PM
I have finally after 2.5 years completed my 2007 MISB movie collection. the last one was "towed to safety" a two pack from the UK with classic camaro BB being towed by long arm. i now to the best of my knowledge have every exclusive, packaging variant for deluxe figures and up. i do have most legends as well. that is 3 ultimate, 9 leaders, 2 ultra, 25 voyager, 48 deluxe, 2 trans scanning, and 17 multipacks ( 40 plus figures)

anotheran
09-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow congrats! Did you start collecting the ROTF ones yet?

mildtowild
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Wow congrats! Did you start collecting the ROTF ones yet?

i have no rotf. did not care much for the movie so i chose not to support the line.

anotheran
09-02-2010, 12:26 PM
i have no rotf. did not care much for the movie so i chose not to support the line.

Same here. That's pretty impressive. There were a lot of repaints in that line. Any pics?

Pascal
09-02-2010, 02:42 PM
ROTF toys were much better imo, but I can see why he wanted to collect only the movie 1 ones. Congrats, that was a lot of toys to collect!

shockwing
09-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Congrats dude! I am not like you who would buy a full line. But I love Animated enough to do what you did, also trying to get some of the unreleased ones or rare (arcee,rodimus,ironhide,blackout,wingbladeprime,et c)

Sureshot22
09-02-2010, 03:27 PM
ya im sure it doesnt matter that most of the rotf ones are better then the 07 movie ones because he doesnt actually *enjoy* his collection. misb IMO is completely worthless. more then likely the movie toys wont ever really go up in value so if he is doing it for a resale someday down the road prob a waste of time. i honestly dont know why anyone does the MISB route personally. i like to actually check out my figs. seems very boring and a HUGE space hog keeping everything in the boxes.

but thats just my 2 cents.

grats on completing the set though that is impressive.

Pascal
09-02-2010, 03:34 PM
misb IMO is completely worthless. more then likely the movie toys wont ever really go up in value so if he is doing it for a resale someday down the road prob a waste of time.

Probably for a reason similar to why I was collecting all the Kelly Hrudey and Tim Wakefield cards I could find when I was younger. :p Sometimes it's very personal.

Sureshot22
09-02-2010, 03:36 PM
could be but for a movie that only came out 3 years ago now? cant see it being that personal. but who knows maybe your right.

but then if its personal and never plan on selling. wouldnt you want to open them and enjoy them? reg figs that dont do anything is 1 thing to keep in box if want cause they dont really do anything. but transformers.?

Batman
09-02-2010, 05:46 PM

Same here.

-Buster Optimus Prime
-Battle Blade Bumblebee
-HA Bumblebee
-HA Barricade
-HA Jazz
-Leader Starscream (Japanese masterpiece without tats for that first movie look)
-HFTD Ironhide

Go do yourself a favor and go buy these figures.

Buhawi
09-02-2010, 06:06 PM
congrats! :)

Nocturn
09-02-2010, 06:20 PM

1. It's not like the two movies are drastically different, though most would agree tftm1 has the better story

2. "support" the line? If I buy half of the first movie line and half of the ROTF line, and you buy the entire TFTM line but no ROTF, we've supported him equally. Buying the shit puts money in the same pockets either way

3. You bought a shitload of duplicates and Multi-packs from all across the world just to complete it, when

characters from the previous movie now have better versions of themselves within the line...

So you could have easily had better figures without "supporting" anything different, unless you're an MISB collector, in which case I have nothing good to say to you anyway

4. This is not your blog. This could have easily gone in the Haul Thread, though I'm guessing you just wanted the attention.

5. I don't have a fifth point. Re-read the other four.

osotech
09-02-2010, 06:27 PM
ya im sure it doesnt matter that most of the rotf ones are better then the 07 movie ones because he doesnt actually *enjoy* his collection. misb IMO is completely worthless. more then likely the movie toys wont ever really go up in value so if he is doing it for a resale someday down the road prob a waste of time. i honestly dont know why anyone does the MISB route personally. i like to actually check out my figs. seems very boring and a HUGE space hog keeping everything in the boxes.

wonder how many person where thiking that in 1984.

mildtowild
09-02-2010, 08:47 PM
wow, it must be computer day at the half way house. for those with positive comments, thank you, for those with useless ramblings, go shove a gobot up your @$$.

yes they are all sealed and yes do i enjoy them. If i want to play with toys, ill go wrench on my new Hemi crewcab or my big block roadster.

To each their own.

Buhawi
09-02-2010, 08:48 PM
bad move dude. sheep normally comes in herds.

Cheers Ian
09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
go shove a gobot up your @$$.

Why does everybody have to rip on Gobots?

I like Gobots:(

However, if one had to place a Gobot in that area, I would suggest Dive-Dive (If you are a Gobots fan you will get this joke)

Honestly dude, congratulations on completing your goal. I completed my Rock Lords collection last month and it felt great for the journey to be over. If your not planning on opening your stuff there's no point of getting the ROTF stuff, but I can see where everyone is coming from since most of the ROTF toys are a vast improvement over their Movie 1 counterparts.

Cheers!
-Ian

Bruticus82
09-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Congrats, I've never finished any collection...yet...

Does it feel good? Satisfying? Like eating a tasty hamburger?

Protoman
09-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Wow..... even box variants......... dude, you bought like over 500 TF toys not to open then? Well I guess your happy so thumbs up.

Dark Rage
09-02-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm not gonna add any fuel to the fire and give you a terribly confused and awkward congratulations.

GMfan
09-02-2010, 10:09 PM
for those with useless ramblings, go shove a gobot up your @$$.

Good point. How did I not see the usefulness in a thread patting oneself on the back for collecting action figures?

I suppose I should have just congratulated you so you'd feel a further sense of accomplishment, but I found the lack of co-relation between the compared topics in question funny. Nothing personal, it just doesn't add up.

ANDROID PRIME
09-02-2010, 10:33 PM
I think most of the furstration in this thread (for me anyways) doesn't come from the fact that you've collected every possible thing from the TF07 line. Its the fact that the TF07 line had so many repaints and package variants that it makes it so hard and disinteresting for people to be completests. I am sure you are one of the only ones out there, as opposed to say a complete MISB Beast Wars or even G1 collection.

Congrats to you for achieving your goal, And I hope it makes you very happy. there is no right way to collect, the main thing is you enjoy it.

Lets see some pictures because I'm sure we all haven't seen the full line in one shot before.

SamiWCP
09-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Good point. How did I not see the usefulness in a thread patting oneself on the back for collecting action figures?

I suppose I should have just congratulated you so you'd feel a further sense of accomplishment, but I found the lack of co-relation between the compared topics in question funny. Nothing personal, it just doesn't add up.

We're a fan based community of a shared subject. We collect. We have goals. For him this was a personal goal/achievement. He should be excited and we should be happy for him. He has his reasons for collecting what he collects. It's no ones position to judge it or tell him he's doing it wrong if it's his choice.

Congrats on meeting your goal Mildtowild. I'm one Raindance figure short of completing my collection of G1's--Minus Pretenders..I have no desire to get them as they're stupid looking..but that's just my opinion.

Pascal
09-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I mostly collect only the movie (1 & 2) and Animated stuff, so I can certainly relate. Not into getting all the variations and keeping them boxed though.

And Sami, you WILL get the Pretenders. All of them. They're cool. Really cool. Buy, buy, buy.

:D

GMfan
09-02-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm not judging what he collects, I'm curious as to the relation between an opinion on a movie and a choice to purchase toys for it. It's not like if you buy the toys it says you like the movie, or it tells Hasbro the movie was a success...it just seems like a odd reason to not purchase some good toys when a movie for it wasn't perfect.

Again....taking things waaaay too personally here.

SamiWCP
09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
I just can't get into that Burt Reynolds looking guy Pascal lol...Just can't. I may get the inner robots, but..

Protoman
09-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Minus Pretenders..I have no desire to get them as they're stupid looking..but that's just my opinion.

http://i56.tinypic.com/14j70xu.gif

BruticusMax
09-02-2010, 11:11 PM
That's a pretty harsh statement there GMFan. Mildtowild liked the first movie, decides to collect that movie's toys. Doesn't like the second movie, so didn't want to spend money on ROTF toys. Seems pretty straightforward to me, not that it should really matter as there aren't any "rules" to collecting.

Anywho, congrats mildtowild on climbing that mountain! Being a completist ain't easy, especially in this day and age!

I've seen such harsh statements quite a few times from GMFan.

Dark Rage
09-02-2010, 11:13 PM

You folks just need to develop a thick skin from these harsh comments.

...Or just sit back and enjoy the flaming. :p

GMfan
09-02-2010, 11:15 PM

Yes, I am a horrible person for questioning things that I don't understand...how else will I learn I ask you?

Oasis
09-02-2010, 11:19 PM
TF07 line had so many repaints and package variants that it makes it so hard and disinteresting for people to be completests.THIS. I got frustrated with the movie toyline and gave up on it. Waste of money, it seemed.

But glad you like it!

Pascal
09-02-2010, 11:22 PM
I may get the inner robots, but..

See, a seed has been planted. :p

Buhawi
09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Lets see some pictures because I'm sure we all haven't seen the full line in one shot before.

this.

joshimus
09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
For a more movie accurate I recomend ROTF Leader Prime or possibly the voyager Battleblade Prime (don't own) just to have in robot mode while movie 1 prime can be a truck

Nocturn
09-03-2010, 12:35 AM
yes they are all sealed and yes do i enjoy them. If i want to play with toys, ill go wrench on my new Hemi crewcab or my big block roadster.

And if I only wanted to collect boxes I'd go work in a packing plant

osotech
09-03-2010, 12:47 AM
the way i see it for those who collect MISB they are collectible
for the others (like me) they are toys...
my 2 cents

CobraCommander
09-03-2010, 01:18 AM
I will say that the 07 movie IMO has nicer packaging than the sequel. Also, knowing GMfan for a bit I'm gonna guess his comments were under the influence of AlCool :p
Yeah, stay away from Pretenders they are fugly, also one of the last figures omitted from my G1 collection.

CyberMnky
09-03-2010, 01:57 AM
That's an impressive feat man, congrats. I would like to see pics as well just cause I'm curious.

are you sick of seeing yellow camaros yet?

Robimus
09-03-2010, 01:58 AM
You can't get sick of yellow Camaros :p

Richter
09-03-2010, 02:00 AM
wonder how many person where thiking that in 1984.

Ya but G1 holds some value now because A) they are now 25 friggin years old now and B) they wern't mass produced on the level they are now. The movie toys are SO overproduced that only the rarest of the rare exclusives and variants will ever be worth anything.

I think most of the furstration in this thread (for me anyways) doesn't come from the fact that you've collected every possible thing from the TF07 line. Its the fact that the TF07 line had so many repaints and package variants that it makes it so hard and disinteresting for people to be completests. I am sure you are one of the only ones out there, as opposed to say a complete MISB Beast Wars or even G1 collection.

That and the TF07 line had TONs of cybertron repaints and is really kinda garbage. The best toy tech didn't hit until animated/classics and ROTF. But again, if you're collecting boxes, I suppose it doesn't really matter. I don't get the collecting just to collect thing really. Do you display them? Or seal them away in your closet?

But congrats on accomplishing what would be impossible for me. I am one ratchet away from completing henkei and I am up to date on animated (deluxe+), but a line like movie 1 would seriously piss me off to try and complete.

One way to justify it though: why climb a mountain? Because it's there

Right?

jourdo
09-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Congrats to you for achieving your goal, And I hope it makes you very happy. there is no right way to collect, the main thing is you enjoy it.

This says it well. You set a goal for yourself and achieved it. Congrats.

TFtoys
09-03-2010, 03:23 AM
but then if its personal and never plan on selling. wouldnt you want to open them and enjoy them? reg figs that dont do anything is 1 thing to keep in box if want cause they dont really do anything. but transformers.?
well, talking about my gundam model collection. They are model-kit and I supposed to open and build them. But no,either I don't have time or I want to keep the excitement. Once I built them, they are never the same comparing to I didn't build them. The excitement just gone while I completed the models.
For TFing, I also think it is another level of collection without opening the package. I open less and less toys and respect them in the p ackage. :D.It is not really hard to understand as you can see lots of TF related merchandises which can not transform and still sell in the market. You don't expect TF rpm or even TF poster can transform, do you? But they still sell.

2. "support" the line? If I buy half of the first movie line and half of the ROTF line, and you buy the entire TFTM line but no ROTF, we've supported him equally. Buying the shit puts money in the same pockets either way...
4. This is not your blog. This could have easily gone in ...
To Hasbro, it is. But to us, Not really. Because the package still look as the first movie line and as long as he does not open it, those are first movie package TF.:p
For the 4th point, I don't really mind this thread to go 5th pages.

To each their own.
No worry, I totally understand B.C. members~

Why does everybody have to rip on Gobots? I like Gobots:(

However, if one had to place a Gobot in that area, I would suggest Dive-Dive (If you are a Gobots fan you will get this joke)

Honestly dude, congratulations on completing your goal. I completed my Rock Lords collection last month....
Maybe you can start your own tread for Gobots. Btw, does Rock Lords have "M M" at the back ?

Wow..... even box variants......... dude, you bought like over 500 TF toys not to open then? Well I guess your happy so thumbs up.
Not sure if he has those Walmart and Toysrus exclusive repaint first movie line.
And there are some repaint of the first movie line in ROTF, not sure if it is also why he does not like ROTF line.

that's why we like to join in and comment now.:D

That and the TF07 line had TONs of cybertron repaints and is really kinda garbage. The best toy tech didn't hit until animated/classics and ROTF. But again, if you're collecting boxes, I suppose it doesn't really matter. I don't get the collecting just to collect thing really. Do you display them? Or seal them away in your closet?
I assumed you collected 2 repaint Energon Dev B.M. arm and leg in First movie package to combine with the Fanproject Dev B.M. set ?:D Those are in TRU first Movie package, right ?

Richter
09-03-2010, 05:10 AM
well, talking about my gundam model collection. They are model-kit and I supposed to open and build them. But no,either I don't have time or I want to keep the excitement. Once I built them, they are never the same comparing to I didn't build them. The excitement just gone while I completed the models.

Ya but isn't most of the excitement in the journey? ie. the actual action of building it?

I assumed you collected 2 repaint Energon Dev B.M. arm and leg in First movie package to combine with the Fanproject Dev B.M. set ?:D Those are in TRU first Movie package, right ?

Haha actually I do have Gunbarrel and Reverb
And they are still MISB heheh
I did get them to try with the BM (really bad initialism by the way heheh) but I might just sell them to a MISB collector as the colours are kinda bad, and they were unreleased ;)
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/la310888/gunbarrel.jpghttp://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/la310888/decepticon_reverb.jpg

CobraCommander
09-03-2010, 08:05 AM

That's not true, the excitement can continue even after you built all your Gundam models... see :D

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/1516/69433468xgurodamgundamm.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5835/69434468xgurodamgundamm.jpg

SamiWCP
09-03-2010, 09:02 AM
What..the hell..Is THAT?! :O

Sureshot22
09-03-2010, 09:22 AM
That's not true, the excitement can continue even after you built all your Gundam models... see :D

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5835/69434468xgurodamgundamm.jpg

holy jebus..... is that completely made out of the used piece sprues???????

your insane. and you must have a SHIT LOAD of gundam kits to have that much built already and that many more sitting on the floor..

my god man.. VERY cool but my god ,, lol

Uberman
09-03-2010, 09:29 AM

The Sprue Golem demands justice.

Oh, and on the topic at hand, congratulations on completing a collection but, man, where do you [I]keep all of it?

there_is_a_martens
09-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Congratulations on the completion! It's always been a dream of mine to complete an entire line, and I imagine, with them all being in package, that they must look pretty great displayed. I always lost patience keeping things MISB. Just a question: are the Robot Replicas part of the collection?

CobraCommander
09-03-2010, 10:36 AM
What..the hell..Is THAT?! :O

A 10ft Gundam, made of sprues!

holy jebus..... is that completely made out of the used piece sprues???????

your insane. and you must have a SHIT LOAD of gundam kits to have that much built already and that many more sitting on the floor..

my god man.. VERY cool but my god ,, lol

It's not mine, I'm not that crazy, yet. Someone (I'm guessing in Asia) made this by asking other fellow collectors to send him/her their empty sprues. I think it's pretty amazing and very very creative.

Who knows maybe Nocturn can make a giant Prime out of all his empty boxes and twist ties :D

Sureshot22
09-03-2010, 10:39 AM
lol possibly if he didnt rip them to shreds im assuming from how people have described his opening techniques, also the leaving them in peoples cars thing might be an issue ;)

jourdo
09-03-2010, 11:19 AM
lol possibly if he didnt rip them to shreds im assuming from how people have described his opening techniques

Paper mache maybe?

That sprew Gundam is frigging awesome.

CobraCommander
09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Ahhh... looks like it's done.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/08/gundam_recycled_model_parts_3-2.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/5625650/10+foot-gundam-made-of-plastic-model-leftovers

Pascal
09-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Not a transforming Sprue Zeta Gundam. FAIL.

:p

herooftheday316
09-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Although I was not a HUGE fan of that line, it is great that you completed it. That must have been a lot of work!
A whole other line has come and gone since you started. It is quite an endeavor. If you ever do decide to open them, it will be quite a mess :)

-Mike
________
ShaggMyPussy cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/ShaggMyPussy)

Pascal
09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
He'll probably suffer from a tennis elbow after opening his 12 deluxe Bumblebees. :D

Protoman
09-03-2010, 05:38 PM
You wanna complete an whole line and feel like a man, but on a budget? Collect Machine Wars.

BruticusMax
09-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Yes, I am a horrible person for questioning things that I don't understand...how else will I learn I ask you?

just go with the flow and don't bother saying something that might be harsh? :)

mildtowild
09-19-2010, 06:06 PM
for those interested, heres a few

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/IMG_2842.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/IMG_2843.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/IMG_2844.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/IMG_2845.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/IMG_2847.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/IMG_2850.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/IMG_2851.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/transformers/IMG_2860.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/transformers/IMG_2853.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/transformers/IMG_2854.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/transformers/IMG_2855.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/mildtowilds10/transformers/IMG_2856.jpg

sarmick01
09-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Awesome collection, and congrats. I think my only "complete" line/subline so far is HA.

Echotransformer
09-19-2010, 06:39 PM
OMG, that is impressive. Did you happen to use the Generations book as a reference?

--Echo

osotech
09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
wow!, congrats

Buhawi
09-19-2010, 06:58 PM
there are tons there i've never even seen before...

those alternators are ugly and does not go with the rest. i don't mind buying them from you.

Blurrz
09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Nice, even Vardia and the Cluster Protoforms!

Stapler
09-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Wow! that is nothing short of impressive. :)

Buhawi
09-19-2010, 07:22 PM
dunno if this was asked before but why the 2007 movie figures?

GrimlockGT
09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Wow, looks awesome!!
Is that display in your theater room?

mildtowild
09-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Wow, looks awesome!!
Is that display in your theater room?

yes it is. got a highdef panasonic projector on a 106" screen, onkyo 7.1 reciever thats 7x140 watts RMS, polk speakers ,xbox360,ps3,Wii

mildtowild
09-20-2010, 01:36 AM
now i got to pack them all up, moving to kelowna in 2 weeks. ill try to take better pics of everything to show them all.

RedOktobre
09-24-2010, 11:54 PM
I have finally after 2.5 years completed my 2007 MISB movie collection. the last one was "towed to safety" a two pack from the UK with classic camaro BB being towed by long arm. i now to the best of my knowledge have every exclusive, packaging variant for deluxe figures and up. i do have most legends as well. that is 3 ultimate, 9 leaders, 2 ultra, 25 voyager, 48 deluxe, 2 trans scanning, and 17 multipacks ( 40 plus figures)

Congratulations!

I have a question though. Have you updated Shmax? I don't think so. When you have time, please update it so, I can view your collection.

Thanx.

mildtowild
12-04-2010, 12:11 AM
the big debate, i am thinking about putting it all up for sale so i can build my truck for the SEMA show in vegas next year.

crimbot
01-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Awesome to see these pictures up! Congratulations on completeng the line!