PDA

View Full Version : Masterpiece Rodimus Confirmed To Transform From Hot Rod To Rodimus Prime

Super_Megatron
08-28-2010, 04:10 AM
Masterpiece Rodimus Confirmed To Transform From Hot Rod To Rodimus Prime (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/masterpiece-rodimus-confirmed-to-transform-from-hot-rod-to-rodimus-prime-170491/)

Category: Generation 1

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

SleeplessKnight
08-28-2010, 04:40 AM
That's absolutely amazing. This figure just went from a "maybe" to a "must have" after seeing those pics.

Richter
08-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Holy crap Takara, why do you make me need 3 of these??

Matrix_Holder
08-28-2010, 06:20 AM
This is looking to be the greatest figure ever made by Hasbro or any other company in the history of the world!

CobraCommander
08-28-2010, 06:31 AM
:eek:

silent4life
08-28-2010, 06:43 AM
This is definitely great news!! Can't wait for pre-orders to go up some where!!!! Wonder if he comes with the matrix too?:D

down_shift
08-28-2010, 06:54 AM
it's a neat gimmick but i still think it looks horrible

UltraMagnus69
08-28-2010, 07:15 AM
My only question is with takara releasing this first will we have to wait for the hasbro version before we get English phrases on roddys sound chips.

Edit: will there be sound chips or is that merely a mock stage they have set up to play sounds?

Cheers Ian
08-28-2010, 07:30 AM
SOLD.

Cheers!
-Ian

chroma23
08-28-2010, 08:51 AM
car mode looks a bit odd, especially for hot rod vehicle mode, hopefully it will be fixed in the final version
________
Sc2 Replay (http://screplays.com/)

Pascal
08-28-2010, 09:47 AM
it's a neat gimmick but i still think it looks horrible

Your "worst toy evah!!!!!" of the day? :)

Malwave
08-28-2010, 09:54 AM
http://sales20network.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/bush-shock.jpg

as if I wasn't already going to buy him :D

Witterquick
08-28-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't even like either character, but I see myself purchasing two of them. That is just so damn cool!

brr-icy
08-28-2010, 10:22 AM
damn, that's cool

jourdo
08-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow! I didn't really need a Hot Rod mode, but am happy to see it. Well done Mr. Transformer Engineer.

Optimus_Prime
08-28-2010, 10:54 AM
The car mode looks a little strange, but this figure could be my new favourite. I can't afford to order the Japanese version for $200, so I will have to wait for a Hasbro release. I just hope this figure isn't as popular as Grimlock (which it probably will be), because I have yet to see a single one on shelves.

kreutz013
08-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Where's Protoman?

jourdo
08-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Where's Protoman?

I imagine his head and heart simultaneously exploded... assuming he survived the joygasm, I would bet he will need a few days rest now.

Sureshot22
08-28-2010, 11:58 AM
i knew it. lol happy i was right. about both roddy and boring/wussy leader guy modes. :)

but damnit now i need to buy 2. to show roddy in robot and car modes.. screw the trailer base thing. looks like garbage.

roddy's car mode seems a bit squished but damn this thing looks awesome!!

renegade_decepticon
08-28-2010, 01:08 PM
OMFG! THATS AMAZING the paint apps are sweet with the red, orange, and yellow on him i had no idea that he would be able to transform into his hotrod form i hope he comes the same matrix just like from MP01 Convoy.

Robimus
08-28-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm failing to grasp what is so awesome about this, or how Hot Rod changes into Rodimus Prime?

To me it basically looks like you've got a Hot Rod that tucks into his Trailer to become Rodimus Prime, which while being very G1 inspired seems far from incredible.

Pascal
08-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Vehicle mode for Hot Rod and Rodimus are different (not counting the trailer).

Was Prime-the-rolling-cube more exciting? :)

Robimus
08-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Vehicle mode for Hot Rod and Rodimus are different (not counting the trailer).

Was Prime-the-rolling-cube more exciting? :)

I'll ask again, how? Based on those pictures I couldn't tell that.

To me it seems like its going to be a smallish Rodimus.

And I don't know what Prime-the-rolling-cube is.

Mighty_Galvatron
08-28-2010, 02:14 PM
This is very cool.

But I would like to see many more detailed pictures.

Incepticon
08-28-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm failing to grasp what is so awesome about this, or how Hot Rod changes into Rodimus Prime?
The differences are subtle, but they are there. Looks like you push up the crotch area to make the figure slightly taller, the angle of the "wings" on the back can be adjusted, and of course there's a face change gimmick. Nothing too major, but still pretty impressive imo since they really could have just left the bot mode(s) alone to make things easier.

To me it basically looks like you've got a Hot Rod that tucks into his Trailer to become Rodimus Prime, which while being very G1 inspired seems far from incredible.
The front hood/cab areas and windshields of both alt modes are completely different, so there's obviously more going on there than just clicking the Hot Rod car mode into the trailer. Probably nothing too major, but enough to give the proper final affect.

All in all, I'm pretty impressed with this. I never liked this character and couldn't have cared less if it ever got Masterpiece treatment, but Takara once again managed to do the impossible by taking two cartoon designs that had a LOT of creative liberties and making 4 accurate 3-dimensional versions of them all in one toy. That kind of "magic" has only been done so far with Prime, so I'm very glad to see it happen again here with Hot Rod / Rodimus. Megatron was impressive but left a lot to be desired in bot mode, the Seekers look great in alt mode but (just imo) look like complete ass in bot mode, and Grimlock was almost too easy considering the simplicity of his design.

Definitely buying 2-3 of this one. :)

UltraPrimal
08-28-2010, 03:05 PM
The car mode is kinda weird-looking. Other than that...

...anyone have a tissue?

S.A.A.M.
08-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Another Autobot MP for me!

Sun Swipe Prime
08-28-2010, 05:09 PM

If you take a closer look, it kind of looks like there's something going on with the legs and chest. I'm guessing here but it looks like the legs can either come apart to make he figure smaller or they can accordian. The chest looks like it can get smaller, with panels sliding underneath maybe. As for the car mode, look at the Rodimus hood vs the Hot Rod hood. The Hot Rod hood is extended and much longer than the Rodimus one. Also there are signs that the gun can also get smaller too.

malteselegacy
08-28-2010, 05:21 PM
It looks amazing! I love the alt mode for Rodimus Prime.
The future truck form looked amazing in 1986 and still looks amazing now. I cannot wait to get this figure and display it in Rodimus Prime vehicle mode!

Ozrein
08-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I think there is alot more to this transformation than even the most detailed guesses that have been proposed so far.

If you look at the front of HR's car mode, there are 4 lights on each side but his chest only has the 3. The middle two (1 from each side) appear to fit in elsewhere in the bot mode, maybe as part of the 'spine' or whatever central structure that the figure is attached to, not sure, just a guess there. Anyway the front fenders/headlights then look like they slide into the chest to narrow it a bit.

I still cant quite see exactly how everything is going to flip and turn and twist around to actually get everything to fit into both car and truck modes but so far it looks impressive.

Now in regards to the two 'bot modes. The shoulders look like they can move upwards perhaps to give RP bigger looking shoulders and add some perceived height. Then there's the shift in the hips to lengthen the legs, along with the face swap, I think overall these few things should give a fairly reasonable difference to the look of the 'bot modes. I'm thinking akin to TFA Longarm/Shockwave transformation where his shoulders rotate up and legs lengthen and top it off with a new head/face and voila new figure, although admittedly HR and RP are much more similar.

pulsedragon20
08-28-2010, 07:24 PM
very awesome.

Richter
08-28-2010, 07:39 PM
I think there is alot more to this transformation than even the most detailed guesses that have been proposed so far.

If you look at the front of HR's car mode, there are 4 lights on each side but his chest only has the 3. The middle two (1 from each side) appear to fit in elsewhere in the bot mode, maybe as part of the 'spine' or whatever central structure that the figure is attached to, not sure, just a guess there. Anyway the front fenders/headlights then look like they slide into the chest to narrow it a bit.

I still cant quite see exactly how everything is going to flip and turn and twist around to actually get everything to fit into both car and truck modes but so far it looks impressive.

Now in regards to the two 'bot modes. The shoulders look like they can move upwards perhaps to give RP bigger looking shoulders and add some perceived height. Then there's the shift in the hips to lengthen the legs, along with the face swap, I think overall these few things should give a fairly reasonable difference to the look of the 'bot modes. I'm thinking akin to TFA Longarm/Shockwave transformation where his shoulders rotate up and legs lengthen and top it off with a new head/face and voila new figure, although admittedly HR and RP are much more similar.

Ya, even most of the detailed guesses can't explain a lot of the hood, engine and rodimus details, even with thouse 3d rendered breakdowns.

I think when we finally see this up close, we're going to be super surprised!

Megamould
08-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Officially excited for this thing now. Looks great with some color!
Car mode looks awesome too. Looks just like he did in the movie.

Alexander Quinn
08-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Officially hoping for a North American release. If not, it may become my TFCon grail for next year. :)

Robimus
08-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Maybe once we see more pictures I'll get the idea:)