PDA

View Full Version : Pictorial review of Fansproject Bruticus. New Product on the Way?

Super_Megatron
08-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Pictorial review of Fansproject Bruticus. New Product on the Way? (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/pictorial-review-of-fansproject-bruticus-new-product-on-the-way-170440/)

Category: Other News

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

CETERUS PRIME
08-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Man, those FansProject Bruticus add ons really finish him off well ! A total transformation in itself :cool: the way he was supposed to be ! I think I'm going to have to get them :D

brr-icy
08-21-2010, 12:38 PM
can't wait for them to come in at automaton

Sun Swipe Prime
08-21-2010, 11:24 PM
can't wait for them to come in at automaton

ditto.

The Ark
08-21-2010, 11:28 PM
I can't wait to find out exactly what Crossfire 03 is.

Buhawi
08-22-2010, 12:38 AM
the base figure rotf bruticus is still ugly

from what i see so far...

cons
- head's too small.
- body is too skinny
- missing chest piece which explains the 2nd con
- individual figures as a combaticon whole clash with each other

pros
- both xfire munitioner and explorer looks cool individually and combined
- all the accessories are awesome
- articulated figures and arms

will FP end up remaking the entire combaticon set? including onslaught? if so i'd buy it, if not, its a big pass for me.

down_shift
08-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Well i'm sold. I had these two in box in my hands but gave them to seibertron to do a gallery. Won't think twice about getting them.

Now the big question: what do you want to see more? FansProject crossfire 03 or TFClub's Devastator that's in the works?

It's a toss up for me at the moment. I know I don't like the quality of TFClubs plastics, but really dig that Scavenger we've seen lately. Still not sure if it has a robot mode though... On the other hand FP hasn't let me down yet and I doubt they will.

Code of Honor
08-22-2010, 02:37 AM
The individual munitioner and explorer figures look awesome, I really would get this set just for them.

venksta
08-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Well i'm sold. I had these two in box in my hands but gave them to seibertron to do a gallery. Won't think twice about getting them.

Now the big question: what do you want to see more? FansProject crossfire 03 or TFClub's Devastator that's in the works?

It's a toss up for me at the moment. I know I don't like the quality of TFClubs plastics, but really dig that Scavenger we've seen lately. Still not sure if it has a robot mode though... On the other hand FP hasn't let me down yet and I doubt they will.

XFire 03 is not a Devastator upgrade. :)

For those that think XFire is an upgrade series, its not. So XFire 3 could be Elita-One, lol.

brr-icy
08-22-2010, 07:08 PM

For those that think XFire is an upgrade series, its not. So XFire 3 could be Elita-One, lol.

thanks v. saves me finding a devastator. i wonder if it's the glacial-bot combiner?

Pascal
08-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Purrfektion.

Darth Grimlock
08-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Or the Junkion set that they pictured in 2009.

Richter
08-23-2010, 02:06 AM
FP is smart. They wouldn't create an upgrade kit for a figure that has been out of print for years and is pretty scarce at this point

I'm going to say it's that scratchbuilt glacialbot

Sun Swipe Prime
08-23-2010, 05:18 AM
FP is smart. They wouldn't create an upgrade kit for a figure that has been out of print for years and is pretty scarce at this point

Yeah, but it just seems to fit that XFire-03 would be a add-on for the energon devastator, a completion of a set so to speak. But I agree it doesn't make sense to make it for a no longer in retail toy. But thinking about it as a natural progression, maybe it's one step further. Bruticus added two new molds to an existing combiner set. Maybe this time it's a completely fansproject designed combiner. Possibly an all new molds, scratch desgined devastator.

Tekkamanraiden
08-23-2010, 08:34 AM
I'd love to see Fanprojects take on Devastator, I'm just curious if they have a licensing agreement with Hasbro/Takara. I'm actually curious if any of the 3rd party companies have licensing agreements with Hasbro/Takara.

brr-icy
08-23-2010, 09:18 AM
I'd love to see Fanprojects take on Devastator, I'm just curious if they have a licensing agreement with Hasbro/Takara. I'm actually curious if any of the 3rd party companies have licensing agreements with Hasbro/Takara.

nope, hence why they aren't building spot on the original artwork/toys

jourdo
08-23-2010, 10:43 AM
I cannot wait to get my hands on this set. It looks even better than the Superion one.

You are such a tease!

I'm going to say it's that scratchbuilt glacialbot

This is where I would put my money. These sets seem to be combiner related. Start with arms and leg add-ons, move to actual arms and legs... the next logical step is to go for the whole thing.

Uberman
08-23-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm such a cheap and/or poor bastard I don't know if I could ever pony up for something this extravagant... but every picture I see brings me one step closer to it.

Who needs rent, right? Pfft.

Pascal
08-23-2010, 12:09 PM
I wonder what's going on with Automaton, as first it sounded like they were going to get the sets at the beginning of August, then mid-August, and now we're past that and there's no indication they will receive the set this week, which brings us to the beginning of September...

brr-icy
08-23-2010, 12:15 PM
I wonder what's going on with Automaton, as first it sounded like they were going to get the sets at the beginning of August, then mid-August, and now we're past that and there's no indication they will receive the set this week, which brings us to the beginning of September...

if you click on the sets, it has been updated to say the sets are on the way, so soon

Pascal
08-23-2010, 12:17 PM
They've been "on the way" since the end of July I think.

brr-icy
08-23-2010, 12:43 PM
They've been "on the way" since the end of July I think.

nope, the description changed this weekend, i've been keeping tabs on it, just said arrives mid august before that. can't wait for these figures. just fooled around with bruticus to get him ready for the upgrades, hopefully they arrive in stock in the next couple days, i am getting them as a birthday gift, so i need them here at the latest by next friday

Pascal
08-23-2010, 12:50 PM
"Will be in stock mid-August: our shipment is on its way!"

I'm telling you, that bit at the end of the description has been there for a long time now. I suspect the sets have been shipped by boat to save on shipping (like most shipments I guess), that's why it's taking so long.

Pascal
08-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Says "arriving this week" now. There's hope!

AUTOMATON
08-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi Everyone!

Those will be in stock this week for sure. We will begin the invoicing process tomorrow.

At last!!:D

Regards,

Mario

Mumps
08-23-2010, 04:55 PM
I have only one thing to say to that...

YAY! :D :D :D

CETERUS PRIME
08-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi Everyone!

Those will be in stock this week for sure. We will begin the invoicing process tomorrow.

At last!!:D

Regards,

Mario

Awesome news ! :D

Jeem
08-23-2010, 06:11 PM
awe.. man, I need to get better so I can get back to work!

Pascal
08-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Ugh, doesn't look like they will ship this week, it's probably too late already. I need to invest in a time machine.

Mighty_Galvatron
08-26-2010, 01:19 PM
the base figure rotf bruticus is still ugly

I've come to agree with this. Initially I was sold, but now I just can't get past the crappy original three toys. They just look horrible in every mode and when put up against the amazing FP molds, they don't even seem like they are supposed to be on the same team.

Crossfire and Munitioner are still awesome. But for me, the price is no longer worth two scouts. + lego.

Sun Swipe Prime
08-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I
Crossfire and Munitioner are still awesome. But for me, the price is no longer worth two scouts. + lego.

I opened mine up yesterday, and my reaction was opposite to this. I had some doubts about the set because of the price, but I crossed my fingers and hoped that I wouldn't be disappointed. And I wasn't. The way everthing fits together in the individual vehicle and robot modes is just awesome. Onslaught turns from a stubby little vehicle to a foot-long combat machine. The final combined mode kicks the superion add-on's butt. My favorite combiner is Superion, and it kills me a to have to admit that in this case Bruticus is better. Everything in the kit and the new figures is so well thought out, and the quality of the plastic is top notch. It's not all perfect. I'm having trouble lining up the two pegs for the back pack, and mounting the shotguns on the back pack hinder articulation, but to me that's all minor.

Matrix_Holder
08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
That is truly epic. I cannot wait to get these sets. I have to make room on my combiner shelf. Looks like I no longer need my custom upgrade set, lol. I even made a custom shoulder attachment for vortex to have him attach correctly as in the FP set. I may just use my custom set on one of the 4 Brute maxes sets I have, lol.
A word of advice to buyers of the set ( I don't have mine yet) if you have Energon Barricade use him...looks like he is more G1 colour accurate than the "Motor Master" painted ROTF version.