PDA

View Full Version : Images of tfclub's Devastator

Super_Megatron
08-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Images of tfclub's Devastator (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/images-of-tfclubs-devastator-170431/)

Category: Generation 1

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

nervousviper
08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
judging by how huge it is, this will gonna be fairly expensive.

Bruticus82
08-19-2010, 09:25 AM
That looks awesome, but it also looks painfully expensive.

Any chance it could be our TFCon exclusive? :-p

P.S. I'm kidding of course.

Pascal
08-19-2010, 09:50 AM
This is going to be awesome. I wonder how many years it will take to complete the set. And if it will cost around $500 total.

jourdo
08-19-2010, 09:53 AM
That looks amazing... I am scared to see a price tag.

brr-icy
08-19-2010, 09:53 AM
there isn't going to be a huge demand for it if it costs over 300 i don't think, not a lot of collectors have 600+ to drop on one figure, (or 7 in 1) hoping it's a decent price so i can pick one up

QuadESL63
08-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Wow! Look at the size of it! :D

So Fun Pub TF Club is making a non-Hasbro exclusive? :confused:

Prowl_2009
08-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Looks Amazing! Price is gonna be up there though. :p

crimbot
08-19-2010, 11:10 AM

So Fun Pub TF Club is making a non-Hasbro exclusive? :confused:

TFclub is the same company that made the Roller I believe. Not associated with Fun Pub, they are a 3rd company party like Fansproject.

joshimus
08-19-2010, 11:53 AM
the pricetag and quality worries me

JLvatron
08-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Hah! the hand pictures look like Scavenger is trying to rub the smudge mark off the camera lense! :D

jjwankenobi
08-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Cut the chatter, Red 2!

Lock s-foils in attack position...;)

My wallet cries in pain.

Am I dreaming an empty dream when I hope that FansProject creates an add-on set for Classics Devastator/Energon Constructicon Maximus/Buildron?

Mumps
08-19-2010, 01:40 PM
The price will make it or break it for me. However, it's looking awesome so far O_O

teruo313
08-19-2010, 01:45 PM
The big question is, what's worse.
Them releasing all 6 at one time (which would make my wallet cry since I can't see this selling below 600)
or
Them releasing it one at a time which would take a couple of years to bring out.

hugh_da_man
08-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Them releasing all 6 at one time (which would make my wallet cry since I can't see this selling below 600)
or
Them releasing it one at a time which would take a couple of years to bring out.

Yeah and if they release them one at a time is there any guarantee that they'll all eventually get released. It would suck to buy the first 4 and then have tfclub go under or disappear.

teruo313
08-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah and if they release them one at a time is there any guarantee that they'll all eventually get released. It would suck to buy the first 4 and then have tfclub go under or disappear.

Yup, that and we won't know what the finished product in terms of the combined mode would look like. Sure they might show a few pictures which would give some indication, but it's no guarantee that it will turn out well.

QuadESL63
08-19-2010, 01:57 PM
or

I'd rather get it all at once. With a small operation like this who knows when they will finish the whole set? Don't want to stuck with 2 or 3 and they stopped (or the company folded :eek: )

Mumps
08-19-2010, 04:52 PM
The only real advantage to being released seperately is basically, you are paying in installments :p

Either way, I can not WAIT to see this whole thing!

jourdo
08-19-2010, 04:58 PM
The only real advantage to being released seperately is basically, you are paying in installments :p

I'm kind of hoping for this, as then you don't realize how much you actually spent on Devastator.

Uberman
08-19-2010, 05:07 PM
It says it's 30 cm tall [combined], so it's not THAT big.

Big enough to be out of my price range, of course. But not THAT big.

shockwing
08-19-2010, 05:47 PM
wo just his arm is a hand-ful

Stapler
08-19-2010, 05:55 PM
I looks incredible so far but I doubt I'll be able to afford this sucker.I wonder if Hasbro may catch wind of this and try to stop them? It's not complementing any products Hasbro is selling right now like the FP combiner sets. But if Warbot could do it...

Optimus73
08-19-2010, 07:27 PM
THIS is the scale & complexity of a Devastator I had hoped for years TakaraTomy would have eventually brought us with the Masterpiece line at some point...I still wish they would! Until then, I'm eager to see how this takes form.

QuadESL63
08-19-2010, 07:39 PM
It says it's 30 cm tall [combined], so it's not THAT big.

Big enough to be out of my price range, of course. But not THAT big.

Really... but that arm alone looks like it is almost 30 cm long :confused:

If it is only ~30cm tall combined it is just like a regular Energon combiner/typical SoC figure. In fact, if it is true it will probably be shorter than the Bruticus Maximus with the Fansproject add-ons.

Tekkamanraiden
08-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Actually 30cm is almost a foot so he'd be about the same size as Bruticus with the fansproject addon.

Looking as the size of the arm I would have figured it was bigger but maybe the guy has small hands.

Edit

I found another image

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-news-rumors/27179003d1282205729-tfclub-devastator-first-part-pic-2005.jpg

snowtech
08-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Masterpiece Devastator =P

CyberMnky
08-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Is there's a whole new 3-party set of molds or what?
That looks like a maximus powerlink port on Scavenger there...

I think I've heard rumors about this project before but not sure where, has any other info been posted about it?

Buhawi
08-20-2010, 02:59 AM
its still a KO, not a masterpiece but i'd buy it in a heartbeat. although i wish the tracks stayed with the shoulders not form the arms. i also wonder when takara/hasbro would finally crack down on these type of companies. everyone knows its devastator and by law it will always be an imitation.

Buhawi
08-20-2010, 03:19 AM
THIS is the scale & complexity of a Devastator I had hoped for years TakaraTomy would have eventually brought us with the Masterpiece line at some point...I still wish they would! Until then, I'm eager to see how this takes form.

if takara did make one, this would be rendered extremely obsolete. i wonder in the future, if i bought this thing, would i regret it badly after a takara release.

i also wish that takara would sell upgrade kits for their older lines. it somewhat looks profitable for them.

Sun Swipe Prime
08-20-2010, 05:17 AM
its still a KO, not a masterpiece but i'd buy it in a heartbeat. although i wish the tracks stayed with the shoulders not form the arms. i also wonder when takara/hasbro would finally crack down on these type of companies. everyone knows its devastator and by law it will always be an imitation.

If this is what it appears to be, it's not a knock-off. A knock-off is stealing an existing design to produce copies, hence the definition of Knock-off. If it's an original design, not made by takara/hasbro, it's not a KO. Eg. Fansproject Defender is not a KO.

If it's an original design, produced in limited quantities, I doubt Tak/has will bother to "crack down" because they're not biting into their profits. It'll be like them trying to crack down on a customizer selling their custom devastators.

if takara did make one, this would be rendered extremely obsolete. i wonder in the future, if i bought this thing, would i regret it badly after a takara release.

If this is real, man I wish they'd take a design like this and mass produce it, but Tak/has is more interested in making combiners that look like the ROTF Devastator and PCC.... sigh.

i also wish that takara would sell upgrade kits for their older lines. it somewhat looks profitable for them.They'd definitely make money but not enough to warrent it. They'd rather spend the resources producing new figures that they can repaint a thousand times over because it makes them a lot more money. I bet even a peg warmer would make them more money than all the fansproject type upgrades put together. I think that's why they don't mind stuff like city commander and the appendage kits from fansproject.

Buhawi
08-20-2010, 08:35 AM
If this is real, man I wish they'd take a design like this and mass produce it, but Tak/has is more interested in making combiners that look like the ROTF Devastator and PCC.... sigh.

to me all these toys are still KO's since most are of poor quality. fansproject is the only i see supporting though. these guys might even cut productions on it sell some on ebay then maybe mass produce again just to do business. they control their own market.

yeah dude i want one of these too instead of the PCCs fugly toys.

takara make me one already damn it! hasbro may you produce it too if you want.

Pascal
08-20-2010, 09:03 AM
I think the use of the treads to make the forearm is brilliant.

Buhawi
08-20-2010, 09:05 AM
this thing better be of good quality so at least my wife can try to transform it. not just sit there and collect dust.

Uberman
08-20-2010, 09:08 AM
I think the use of the treads to make the forearm is brilliant.

Yeah, honestly. That's the sort of forward thinking I like to see in this sort of stuff.

There will come a time when Has/Tak will be KOing these guys if they keep up the great ideas.

What irks me is that this thing [granted, just a single guy in a large set] doesn't look so prohibitive. Usually these third party guys are either very specialized or somehow skirt safety concerns or whatever. But this guy looks like a pretty proper toy. So far, at least. It really looks like something Hasbro could release. And yet they continue to support the ass-flavoured Crossovers lines.

Buhawi
08-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Yeah, honestly. That's the sort of forward thinking I like to see in this sort of stuff.

There will come a time when Has/Tak will be KOing these guys if they keep up the great ideas.

What irks me is that this thing [granted, just a single guy in a large set] doesn't look so prohibitive. Usually these third party guys are either very specialized or somehow skirt safety concerns or whatever. But this guy looks like a pretty proper toy. So far, at least. It really looks like something Hasbro could release. And yet they continue to support the ass-flavoured Crossovers lines.

i would love to see takara do that. KO these guys would be sweet.

Oreobot
08-20-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm interested so long as whoever selling it doesn't pull a number like Mastercollectibles did with Nova Prime. $500/figure and only 10 of them was not cool.

mx-01 archon
08-20-2010, 12:04 PM
TFClub mass-produces their stuff. They did the MP Starscream Coronation set, both Gear of War sets, and Battle Rollar.

I don't think we have to worry about super-limited shenanigans.

Sun Swipe Prime
08-20-2010, 01:51 PM
i would love to see takara do that. KO these guys would be sweet.

Wouldn't that be a bit of irony, has/tak knocking off a third party product...hahha.... but seriously, if this is as good as it initally looks, it'd be so cool if they bought the design and mass produced it. The figure looks like it's either deluxe or voyager size. Man that'd be cool to get each for deluxe or voager prices, but I figure each figure will be at least 50 bucks.